Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Capewell was bought for basically the same money as Glenn. Heck of an upgrade there and he'll only be 31 at the end of his contract, can't see much going wrong with that buy at least.

Reynolds can't be bad, his strength is his organisation and kicking game, those things only get better with age. The only real point of concern is his defence and durability, but with the advantages he brings, you work your defence structures around him and modify his training to suit.

Keen as **** for Reno, but I agree it's probably wiser to wait and see how he goes.
Clearly Rabbits didn’t want to chance his injuries and we are now about to do just that. Apart from actual injury, I also hope he doesn’t find a need to over protect himself alla Darius Boyd.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I know it will be an absolute load of dribble, but wondering if anyone can post the article from beetroot buzz about haas not being in the top 3 props haha. Would be a good laugh!
It's a pretty boring article with not much in it. He just says he disagrees with Kurt Capewell that Haas is the best because his top 3 "bully and intimidate the opposition week in week out". Whatever that means.

But basically his top 10 is
1. James Fisher-Harris
2. Josh Papalii
3. Junior Paulo
4. Payne Haas
5. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
6. Daniel Saifiti
7. Regan Campbell-Gillard
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Christian Welch
10. Moeaki Fotuaika

On that note, Paulo is overrated as ****.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
he had it but then he lost
It's a pretty boring article with not much in it. He just says he disagrees with Kurt Capewell that Haas is the best because his top 3 "bully and intimidate the opposition week in week out". Whatever that means.

1. James Fisher-Harris
2. Josh Papalii
3. Junior Paulo
4. Payne Haas
6. Daniel Saifiti
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Christian Welch
10. Moeaki Fotuaika

and majority on that list are older than Haas

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
i considerate a welcome headache, it's been awhile since we've been in this situation, especially when it's multiple positions. options across the board, they may not be top tier options but definitely better than other years past . credit to the club imo and let's hope that the battle for positions continues from here on in.
Again relax it was one game we also won a few games last year haha

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
What will concern me for this game in particular will be the potential aggression of the dogs.

The backrow they've got is grub city and Reynolds will be on TPJ's side.

I'll be whincing every time Reynolds takes it into the line, because TPJ will be looking for the dog shot, and now that he's got a NSWRL patriarch in his back pocket the officiating will probably let it slide unless he near enough kills him.

Reynolds with Souths was able to play in a dinner suit with the amount of time and space he had for his kicking game, but that's not necessarily been the case for Broncos halves.

Even though we have a beastly forward pack, our kicker still somewhat struggles to have time and space.

If the dogs are up in Reynolds face all the time his kicking game may not be as good.

However, if Reynolds gets the time and space to kick then I think we win easily... as we make enough meters in the forwards that Reynolds can lock them down inside the 10m on every kick.

That is our mode of winning this year... field position, completion rates and grinding out wins

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

1. James Fisher-Harris
2. Josh Papalii
3. Junior Paulo
4. Payne Haas
6. Daniel Saifiti
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Christian Welch
10. Moeaki Fotuaika

Josh papalii above haas. 3 years ago yeah! He had one of his worst seasons last year. And the common complaint about Paulo from eels fans is that he ISNT consistent haha... what an absolute joke, and no doubt done to stir up clicks

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Josh papalii above haas. 3 years ago yeah! He had one of his worst seasons last year. And the common complaint about Paulo from eels fans is that he ISNT consistent haha... what an absolute joke, and no doubt done to stir up clicks
While I don't think any of them are better than Haas, I do agree he could do with being a bit more physical. For a man his size I've always thought he lacks a bit of physicality

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Broncos and Bulldogs both off a win. Last time won two games in a row:

Broncos: first two rounds of 2020
Bulldogs: August 2019

We're favourites:

2022 nrl tipping rd2

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Capewell was bought for basically the same money as Glenn. Heck of an upgrade there and he'll only be 31 at the end of his contract, can't see much going wrong with that buy at least.

Reynolds can't be bad, his strength is his organisation and kicking game, those things only get better with age. The only real point of concern is his defence and durability, but with the advantages he brings, you work your defence structures around him and modify his training to suit.

Keen as **** for Reno, but I agree it's probably wiser to wait and see how he goes.
I already think Reynolds has brought something to our on field organisation, without even being on the field with them.

We didn’t look like world beaters last week, but we looked a lot less clueless than we have the last few seasons.

Having an articulate, top-shelf halfback that understands the current game will do wonders for all the other halves in our squad, regardless of their age.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
While I don't think any of them are better than Haas, I do agree he could do with being a bit more physical. For a man his size I've always thought he lacks a bit of physicality
He is a percentage guy, high efficiency workload. I think that is how he can keep the engine going like he does. For someone who has lost control off the park a few times, he has great control of his emotions on it.
I would love to see him get personal more often and dominate in D but I guess it's better to see him make 40 tackles and miss one at the most.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Having an articulate, top-shelf halfback that understands the current game will do wonders for all the other halves in our squad, regardless of their age.

Isn't that's Alf's job? Oh, wait, you said articulate...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Corey Parker was spotted having coffee with closet philosopher TPJ on Tuesday:

“I had a coffee with Tevita. The Dogs had two days off after their win so it was good to catch-up with the big fella again. He is a different thinker to what people think. He has a really intellectual way of thinking. I remember times at Brisbane he would go into the office and want to know how the footy club was run. I have a bit of a soft spot for Tevita and I enjoyed doing some mentoring work with him. I hope he has a big season at the Bulldogs.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.