10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Clearly Rabbits didn’t want to chance his injuries and we are now about to do just that. Apart from actual injury, I also hope he doesn’t find a need to over protect himself alla Darius Boyd.
They should’ve taken that chance, they look completely lost without him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He is a percentage guy, high efficiency workload. I think that is how he can keep the engine going like he does. For someone who has lost control off the park a few times, he has great control of his emotions on it.
I would love to see him get personal more often and dominate in D but I guess it's better to see him make 40 tackles and miss one at the most.

I dont really mean it so much in the way of him being intimidating as such, i have always had the feeling he could be just so good if he had that bit of physicality say Petero did.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

If they were concerned about player who has not played less than 21 games in the last 5 years and only played less than 19 games twice in the last decade ... they are stupider than imaginable

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
If they were concerned about player who has not played less than 21 games in the last 5 years and only played less than 19 games twice in the last decade ... they are stupider than imaginable
They certainly miss him no doubt. If they are stupid not to offer him three years only time will tell. My hope is that they are and we get the full use of his undeniable talents for the entire length of his contract - and some.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Hope walters is instilling a siege mentality this week.

We're up against last year's spooners but you wouldn't know it with Gus joining them.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Expect Turpin, Oates, Hunt, Bird and TPJ to be at the dolphins. Waynes getting the band back together.
A perfect plan to finish the regular season in 8th and then get bundled out of the finals in week 1 😆

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I get the sense Reynolds has a bit of a grudge against Souths, sounds like they treated him pretty poorly last year but he is quite professional in not making an issue of it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I get the sense Reynolds has a bit of a grudge against Souths, sounds like they treated him pretty poorly last year but he is quite professional in not making an issue of it.
Are you talking about the NRL.com interview where he was asked if he was Redfern or Red Hill??

If so I think he answered about as well as you could hope for.

Immediately saying Red Hill... shows that's where his focus is.

The interviewer was using it as a loaded question and hoping he'd say something like his heart will always be in Red Fern, but immediately saying Red Hill leaves no room to move and kills off any attention that media could cook up through the year that Reynolds is bitter about having to leave.

It's the opposite of how Seibold and JD went about things with the media... Seibold pissed and moaned about snipes from Bennett and JD went deflection mode when asked about Reynolds.

Whenever the media ask Reynolds about being in Brisbane his answer is unwaveringly positive... when asked about Rabbits he doesnt take pot shots at them... the media aren't getting all that much from him at the moment.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Sunday's game has two scenarios as far as I can see.

Scenario 1. - We fall in a heap and lose this game just like the last couple of seasons where we lose games we are expected to win. Que BHQ going into meltdown.

Scenario 2. With Reyno, Niu and Hetherington in the side everything that has been practiced in the off-season comes off and we give the Doggies a real touch up which puts us on top of the table due to a far superior points differential. Que BHQ going into meltdown.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Sunday's game has two scenarios as far as I can see.

Scenario 1. - We fall in a heap and lose this game just like the last couple of seasons where we lose games we are expected to win. Que BHQ going into meltdown.

Scenario 2. With Reyno, Niu and Hetherington in the side everything that has been practiced in the off-season comes off and we give the Doggies a real touch up which puts us on top of the table due to a far superior points differential. Que BHQ going into meltdown.
4-4 draw

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Are you talking about the NRL.com interview where he was asked if he was Redfern or Red Hill??

If so I think he answered about as well as you could hope for.

Immediately saying Red Hill... shows that's where his focus is.

The interviewer was using it as a loaded question and hoping he'd say something like his heart will always be in Red Fern, but immediately saying Red Hill leaves no room to move and kills off any attention that media could cook up through the year that Reynolds is bitter about having to leave.

It's the opposite of how Seibold and JD went about things with the media... Seibold pissed and moaned about snipes from Bennett and JD went deflection mode when asked about Reynolds.

Whenever the media ask Reynolds about being in Brisbane his answer is unwaveringly positive... when asked about Rabbits he doesnt take pot shots at them... the media aren't getting all that much from him at the moment.

He mentioned in one of the videos that he didn't even get a farewell there.

Edit: Amending because I might well have misunderstood the reason, it might well have been due to Covid and not being able to easily go back there which is fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Galco
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BRC088
  • Maroon4life
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.