Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
He mentioned in one of the videos that he didn't even get a farewell there.
That's really shit hey. Like even if they couldn't come to terms and were gutted seeing him leave, letting him go without a farewell is a slap in the face. Although, I wonder whether the move to Brisbane disrupted all that, Reynolds also said somewhere he moved all his shit up here and wasn't heading back to Sydney after the finals. Saw him up on Hamilton Island not too long after the GF too. So maybe that was a factor in it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That's really shit hey. Like even if they couldn't come to terms and were gutted seeing him leave, letting him go without a farewell is a slap in the face. Although, I wonder whether the move to Brisbane disrupted all that, Reynolds also said somewhere he moved all his shit up here and wasn't heading back to Sydney after the finals. Saw him up on Hamilton Island not too long after the GF too. So maybe that was a factor in it.

Certainly could be, he didn't go into detail, I just assumed it was poor form on their part but maybe there were other factors involved.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I'll be interested to see on Sunday if Reynolds does have an immediate and obvious impact on us, just how much praise he receives.

I'm annoyed its not a channel 9 game because despite the fact that souths have looked cluesless and lost without Reynolds, there has been no mention from johns, Gould, fitler and co that they miss reynolds.

Rather they were full of nothing but praise for Walker, Mitchell and co suggesting they are so so close to getting it right and it's literally one pass away. Yet if it was Brisbane who's attack looked like a dogs breakfast and we had just let a star halfback go i guarantee the narrative would be "yeh wow they must regret letting there halfback go".

Not sure how fox have been analysing Souths performance without Reynolds but Channel 9 have been very positive about it.

I guess I'm going to be fascinated to see if the club gets any praise for bringing Reynolds in and if we win and he plays well it will be "yeah the dogs were below there best and Brisbane took advantage of it". Or if we lose "gee Reynolds looks off pace and he still has 3 years to run on his contract". I doubt the media will affford him anytime to find his feet.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He mentioned in one of the videos that he didn't even get a farewell there.
Yeah that was the NRL.com interview... I noticed that as well, but then I think he quickly mentioned that it was more to do with not being able to play in front of the fans at home and things like that due to covid

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm a little nervous about this one. The expectation is too high we'll win. We're verging on confident right now on the back of a miracle upset against a grand finalist that shit the bed. Souths had a shocker, and we're really not sure how much part we played in that. Our attack was slightly less clueless, but it still wasn't great.

Selwyn Cobbo is getting way too much hype considering he turned in an error rate higher than the much maligned Xavier Coates ever managed. He's still all potential. Adam Reynolds in a Broncos jersey is still an unknown quantity. We have a fullback returning from injury too soon.

The way I see it we still have everything to prove, and if we don't it's going to be ugly in here next week.

Fingers crossed we're on a roll.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm a little nervous about this one. The expectation is too high we'll win. We're verging on confident right now on the back of a miracle upset against a grand finalist that shit the bed. Souths had a shocker, and we're really not sure how much part we played in that. Our attack was slightly less clueless, but it still wasn't great.

Selwyn Cobbo is getting way too much hype considering he turned in an error rate higher than the much maligned Xavier Coates ever managed. He's still all potential. Adam Reynolds in a Broncos jersey is still an unknown quantity.

The way I see it we still have everything to prove, and if we don't it's going to be ugly in here next week.

The back end of last night's game gave something of a bit of confidence or reason to believe our first up win was actually good. Souths did throw a bit at us like they did Melbourne last night and we repelled them. If the Broncs have the same attitude, there is reason for confidence. The Dogs beat a Cows side that were somehow worse than they themselves were in easily the worst game of round 1. But yeah, I am also worried our boys will be overconfident after a good first up showing.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The back end of last night's game gave something of a bit of confidence or reason to believe our first up win was actually good. Souths did throw a bit at us like they did Melbourne last night and we repelled them. If the Broncs have the same attitude, there is reason for confidence. The Dogs beat a Cows side that were somehow worse than they themselves were in easily the worst game of round 1. But yeah, I am also worried our boys will be overconfident after a good first up showing.
Souths had Latrell back. I'm sure he made a difference. The field goal for one. I only watched the highlights, but even in the that snippet it's obvious Harry Grant is playing several cuts above what we're getting from Jake, and what we might expect from Paix. It's a bit galling that we know Jake has that some attacking game buried in him but we never see it. But even so, Grant's long passing game shits on anything we have queued up at dummy half, including Walters.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017

Selwyn Cobbo is getting way too much hype considering he turned in an error rate higher than the much maligned Xavier Coates ever managed. He's still all potential. Adam Reynolds in a Broncos jersey is still an unknown quantity. We have a fullback returning from injury too soon.

The team needs to learn to play with those expectations. Last week was a massive step in the right direction. Although we didn't score many points, we looked a lot more settled and controlled.

Getting Reyno back this week should add to that.

I'm nervous too, but they are the Brisbane Broncos.......it is expected they make the finals. It is just the right amount of expectation........i mean, it's not like we're expecting them to beat Melbourne.....now that would be too high an expectation.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I'll be interested to see on Sunday if Reynolds does have an immediate and obvious impact on us, just how much praise he receives.

I'm annoyed its not a channel 9 game because despite the fact that souths have looked cluesless and lost without Reynolds, there has been no mention from johns, Gould, fitler and co that they miss reynolds.

Rather they were full of nothing but praise for Walker, Mitchell and co suggesting they are so so close to getting it right and it's literally one pass away. Yet if it was Brisbane who's attack looked like a dogs breakfast and we had just let a star halfback go i guarantee the narrative would be "yeh wow they must regret letting there halfback go".

Not sure how fox have been analysing Souths performance without Reynolds but Channel 9 have been very positive about it.

I guess I'm going to be fascinated to see if the club gets any praise for bringing Reynolds in and if we win and he plays well it will be "yeah the dogs were below there best and Brisbane took advantage of it". Or if we lose "gee Reynolds looks off pace and he still has 3 years to run on his contract". I doubt the media will affford him anytime to find his feet.

The thing we will notice is that he straightens up the attack.

Souths certainly thought they could replace him easily, they're in all sorts this year. Melbourne were garbage last night, Souths completed at under 50% at one stage there late in the game. If you complete at under 50% and it goes to golden point, it's been a very very ordinary game of footy.

How much of a better footy team does that make us? there's no way to know. We do know though if our forward dominate the middle and we hold on to the footy, we're going to be a hard team to beat with Reynolds hopefully rolling it in-goal for set after set on the opposition line, when was the last time we had that? Even when we made the GF in 2015 with Hunt/Milford, the control wasn't there. They were both running halves.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
To be really really honest with the forum I hope Uni absolutely kills it and for James and the bench forwards to do wonderful impersonations of Haas. Even if Isaako and Kennedy never again play a game for us I won't be disappointed in the least if their replacements are doing the business.

I will however always consider even just playing a handful of games in first grade a huge achievement. A career of first grade is an amazing thing and lesser lights, on their worst day on the field is still light years ahead of anything I could have done.

It might even come to pass that I can hope both fail miserably, playing for Redcliffe!

I dunno Hug ,you act like the the grammar police .
Talk about standards and such . Then spell guys names wrong . Hypocrite ?

B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
Souths had Latrell back. I'm sure he made a difference. The field goal for one. I only watched the highlights, but even in the that snippet it's obvious Harry Grant is playing several cuts above what we're getting from Jake, and what we might expect from Paix. It's a bit galling that we know Jake has that some attacking game buried in him but we never see it. But even so, Grant's long passing game shits on anything we have queued up at dummy half, including Walters.
And that's why it's rumoured that Grants' next contract is going to be around the million/ year. And why any of our hookers/ utility players will be on less than half that..

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Latrell definitely helped, but also missed 3 conversions, any one of which, particularly the last one, would have sealed the deal and an awesome comeback.

Another example of them missing Reynolds.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

I didn't watch the full game on Fox but Andrew Voss did say at one point "gee they sure would love a kid named Reynolds right now"
But you can certainly see the difference Adam made to that team which makes it exciting for us knowing he could make that difference for us

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I didn't watch the full game on Fox but Andrew Voss did say at one point "gee they sure would love a kid named Reynolds right now"
But you can certainly see the difference Adam made to that team which makes it exciting for us knowing he could make that difference for us
Walker reminds me of prime-shit Milford trying, and failing, to deal with the pressure of being the main-man.

Dragging his feet around the field, dropping his bottom lip, looking like someone stole his tuckshop money. He has been a passenger for most of the first 2 games.

The difference between Milford and Walker though: Walker has only had that responsibility for 2 games. At least Milf took a couple of years before he started kicking cans.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I dunno Hug ,you act like the the grammar police .
Talk about standards and such . Then spell guys names wrong . Hypocrite ?

He got called out as he genuinely didn't know how to spell the bloke's name so now he accentuates it. That's how little regard he has for any bloke that isn't named Isaako or Kennedy.

Then comes out with the "yeah, nah, I hope their replacements kill it because we all know by now that I am wrong about Isaako and Kennedy, they're nothing more than fringe first graders", that's the cut and dry of that inspirational little speech. He just isn't able to concede he is wrong, that's as close to it as we will see. It's quite sad, actually.

It makes me sick.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
He got called out as he genuinely didn't know how to spell the bloke's name so now he accentuates it. That's how little regard he has for any bloke that isn't named Isaako or Kennedy.

Then comes out with the "yeah, nah, I hope their replacements kill it because we all know by now that I am wrong about Isaako and Kennedy, they're nothing more than fringe first graders", that's the cut and dry of that inspirational little speech. He just isn't able to concede he is wrong, that's as close to it as we will see. It's quite sad, actually.

It makes me sick.
Face with finger covering closed lips 1f92b 1560526358

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

It makes me sick.
Have a cry. Of course, you're completely wrong about getting something wrong, as I have in the past and the times I have owned my mistakes. I've conceded mistakes AND offered apologies at other times and on more than a handful of occasions. Besides, what exactly was I allegedly wrong about this time? Also, probably better if you just quoted what I'd written rather than your 'feelings' lovey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Seibs
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Manofoneway
  • Old Mate
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.