Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Corey Parker was spotted having coffee with closet philosopher TPJ on Tuesday:

“I had a coffee with Tevita. The Dogs had two days off after their win so it was good to catch-up with the big fella again. He is a different thinker to what people think. He has a really intellectual way of thinking. I remember times at Brisbane he would go into the office and want to know how the footy club was run. I have a bit of a soft spot for Tevita and I enjoyed doing some mentoring work with him. I hope he has a big season at the Bulldogs.”​
Is Corey actually mad at the broncos these days?

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Corey Parker was spotted having coffee with closet philosopher TPJ on Tuesday:

“I had a coffee with Tevita. The Dogs had two days off after their win so it was good to catch-up with the big fella again. He is a different thinker to what people think. He has a really intellectual way of thinking. I remember times at Brisbane he would go into the office and want to know how the footy club was run. I have a bit of a soft spot for Tevita and I enjoyed doing some mentoring work with him. I hope he has a big season at the Bulldogs.”​

I'm sure he wasn't casing the joint for his bikie mates.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
What will concern me for this game in particular will be the potential aggression of the dogs.

The backrow they've got is grub city and Reynolds will be on TPJ's side.

I'll be whincing every time Reynolds takes it into the line, because TPJ will be looking for the dog shot, and now that he's got a NSWRL patriarch in his back pocket the officiating will probably let it slide unless he near enough kills him.

Reynolds with Souths was able to play in a dinner suit with the amount of time and space he had for his kicking game, but that's not necessarily been the case for Broncos halves.

Even though we have a beastly forward pack, our kicker still somewhat struggles to have time and space.

If the dogs are up in Reynolds face all the time his kicking game may not be as good.

However, if Reynolds gets the time and space to kick then I think we win easily... as we make enough meters in the forwards that Reynolds can lock them down inside the 10m on every kick.

That is our mode of winning this year... field position, completion rates and grinding out wins
I hope Riki takes it upon himself to protect his captain and half back somewhat.
Otherwise my message to Kobe off the bench would be go out and fold TPJ, watch some tapes on how Tonie Carroll looked out for Lockyer.

Also expecting Payne to have a massive game if he's heard Buzz's comments.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I hope Riki takes it upon himself to protect his captain and half back somewhat.
Otherwise my message to Kobe off the bench would be go out and fold TPJ, watch some tapes on how Tonie Carroll looked out for Lockyer.

**** Rothfield

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
While I don't think any of them are better than Haas, I do agree he could do with being a bit more physical. For a man his size I've always thought he lacks a bit of physicality
I tend to agree SOMEWHAT! To me though the forwards I liked the most (Civo, Webcke, Lazarus) weren't intimidating in the hardman sense, they were different. They showed power by not being capable of ACCEPTING intimidation!! Sorry, for the caps but day drinking and cannot encapsulate thoughts well. Haas doesn't have to be a beast, just someone you can't get over the top of.( Shit english too)

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

I'm hoping to see a lot of traffic sent in TPJ's direction... he's suspect in defence on the edge so Riki's line running and Reynolds choice of pass along with Staggs and Cobbo should see us prioritise that side of the field.

Sending traffic that way will force TPJ to be constantly making decision and will also fatigue him by making him make tackles and constant up and back in the defensive line.

A fatigued TPJ is prone to more defensive mistakes but is also unable to be as aggresive in other areas of his game... lessening his impact

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Was the coffee $7? Did Corey get TPJ to pay? Likelihood of TPJ at the Dolphins next year?

These are the key unimportant questions.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Was the coffee $7? Did Corey get TPJ to pay? Likelihood of TPJ at the Dolphins next year?

These are the key unimportant questions.
Expect Turpin, Oates, Hunt, Bird and TPJ to be at the dolphins. Waynes getting the band back together.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Expect Turpin, Oates, Hunt, Bird and TPJ to be at the dolphins. Waynes getting the band back together.
Turpin can’t be their 9 surely… the **** is a dead set plodder… I know we’ve got him but fmd you need better than that if you’re starting from scratch

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Turpin can’t be their 9 surely… the **** is a dead set plodder… I know we’ve got him but fmd you need better than that if you’re starting from scratch
He's not bad for a budget spine player. 200k, fills a spot leaves more money for a top tier fullback or half.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Clearly Rabbits didn’t want to chance his injuries and we are now about to do just that. Apart from actual injury, I also hope he doesn’t find a need to over protect himself alla Darius Boyd.

then my first question would be ... what injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BRC088
  • Maroon4life
  • Galco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Ronald
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.