Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be heading to the game for sure! Can't wait to be back @ Suncorp again.

The cows broncs derby is always a nail biter. The cowboys ALWAYS turn up to play. Their performance on the weekend was dismal and uncharacteristic - surely there won't be a repeat, especially in dry conditions. I guarantee they turn up to play on Friday night. And to be honest, I hope they do.
I'd be putting money on JT for man of the match honours if I wasn't a die hard Bronco fan.

I'm always pretty confident when we play the Cowboys for some reason.

With the rumour mill churning out that T'eo is off to the Bulldogs do you think Hook will use him much or at all??

If it is true give somone else a go we have so much talent in the back row.

With the rumour mill churning out that T'eo is off to the Bulldogs do you think Hook will use him much or at all??

If it is true give somone else a go we have so much talent in the back row.

I can't see Hook playing favourites or putting Te'o on the blacklist if he was to sign somewhere for 2013 mid-season. He's a good player, a first grade starter at most other clubs, but he's stuck behind the best pack we've had in ages.

I think Civ to start, Hannant to the bench, Slyney back to QCup better for the experience. He did a lot of work in defence.

I can't see Hook playing favourites or putting Te'o on the blacklist if he was to sign somewhere for 2013 mid-season. He's a good player, a first grade starter at most other clubs, but he's stuck behind the best pack we've had in ages.

I think Civ to start, Hannant to the bench, Slyney back to QCup better for the experience. He did a lot of work in defence.

I agree, except I'd start with Hannant - experience, young and playing strongly, and what we need in the opening exchanges.

I agree, except I'd start with Hannant - experience, young and playing strongly, and what we need in the opening exchanges.

I agree. Plus I think McGuire played really well off the bench the other night. Great impact.

I agree. Plus I think McGuire played really well off the bench the other night. Great impact.

Yep. He's outstanding off the bench. Lifts everyone around him

yep i've no doubt civo + hannant should start the game.

mcguire made 41 tackles and 96 metres in 45 mins of footy off the bench. i see no reason to change that!

Team:

[h=6]Broncos: Hoffman, Beale, Reed, Hodges, Yow Yeh, Norman, Wallace, Hannant, McCullough, Thaiday, Glenn, Te'o, Parker Int: Hunt, McGuire, Gillett, Civoniceva[/h]

I'm almost certain we'll see Civo move to a starting position, with Te'o relegated to the bench.

Civoniceva benched for Brisbane homecoming

Coach Anthony Griffin said Civoniceva's return off the bench was mainly due to his lack of game time in the trials and the outstanding form of last week's man-of-the-match Ben Hannant against Parramatta.

Sam Thaiday has retained his place in the front row after debuting as captain against the Eels last Friday night when Brisbane opened the season with 18-6 win.

Maybe they'll change it up closer to game day and he'll start? Hmmm.

Well that wasn't too surprising - great to see Bulla back. THe day is almost upon us. :D

When is Petro going to make his run on comeback game. He is a work-horse and the young boys in the team would have a lot of respect and admiration for him.

When is Petro going to make his run on comeback game. He is a work-horse and the young boys in the team would have a lot of respect and admiration for him.

Probably this Friday...

Cowboys side:

1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ashley Graham
3. Brent Tate
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Johnathan Thurston (c)
7. Ray Thompson
8. Matthew Scott (c)
9. Aaron Payne
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Glenn Hall
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange:
14. James Segeyaro
15. Joel Riethmuller
16. Ashton Sims
17. Jason Taumalolo
18. Cory Paterson
19. Kalifa Faifai Loa
(two to be omitted)

what happened to Tariq Sims. is he injured or out of favour?

He is recovering from an injury - broken leg or something like that IIRC.

Can't believe that Fai Fai Loa has been demoted for the likes of Graham and Winterstein to have spots instead.

Injured. Still recovering from broken leg.

Probably this Friday...

Well he's been named on the bench, so I don't think that answers the question.

It's hard to say when Civ might get his first starting berth. I'd have him starting as soon as possible.

I think he'd be getting a look in around the 25 minute mark for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.