Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory, I'd be ok with Mills getting his shot at centre where he is supposedly a much better fit.

However:

- Reed is the incumbent, and it would be unheard of for Griffin to drop him.

- Would that mean Mills would be defending on Taumalolo's side? Because he's looked pretty sub par defensively....

I'd say he'll get his shot at some point, but I don't see it happening unless forced by injury / suspension.

Why not chuck him at 5/8th? :P

Team unchanged from last week.

Team List:

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

Interchange
14. Ben Hannant
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Jarrod Wallace
18. David Hala

Sweet. 3 man bench ftw.....

Can't see us beating the Cows with Hoffman at 6, Thurston is going to shred us.

In theory, I'd be ok with Mills getting his shot at centre where he is supposedly a much better fit.

However:

- Reed is the incumbent, and it would be unheard of for Griffin to drop him.

- Would that mean Mills would be defending on Taumalolo's side? Because he's looked pretty sub par defensively....

I'd say he'll get his shot at some point, but I don't see it happening unless forced by injury / suspension.

Why not chuck him at 5/8th? :P

I think Taumolo will be on Hunt and Copely's side

I think Taumolo will be on Hunt and Copely's side

Correct. His direct opponent will be Ben Hunt. Remind me to put money on Taumalolo first try scorer.

Gonna be a tough one. Can't wait though to be back at Lang Park cheering on the boys.

The Cowboys/Thurston will know how to put us to the sword, unlike the Bulldogs.

I reckon, maybe a sly Vidot or Reed first try early, penalty around the 32 minute mark, Broncos 8-0. Morgan try in the 39th minute will bring us crashing back to 8-6 halftime.

Thurston come out firing 2-3 tries in quick succession 24-8 before we know it.

The Cowboys captiulations are a thing of the past. Australian front row plus the wrecking ball Taumololo and Sims off the bench. Man that's intimidating.

Do you rate Mills so highly because he is a former Sharks player or something?? Mills has shown very little.

Well no, not for that reason. My close friend who was a sharks junior and still has close association with people down that way rates him highly coupled with the fact that Mills played well at times in his preferred position. My friend claims Mills needed the change and hasn't really been given an opportunity in Brisbane yet. I watched games Mills played in and while he is a bit raw he has potential and is a big strong lad who I think will only get better. The person I would most like to see in the centres is the injured Oates but that will have to wait.

Good to see Hook is persisting with McCullough as an 80 minute player. He needs to step up and do more organizing of the team. I'd like to see him kick more this week as well. I fear our defence could be opened up by the Cowboys.

Good to see Hook is persisting with McCullough as an 80 minute player. He needs to step up and do more organizing of the team. I'd like to see him kick more this week as well. I fear our defence could be opened up by the Cowboys.

I fear our right side defense will be torn apart by Taumalolo.

****! McCullough hurt his shoulder. He is out of this game. The article will be on the Broncos website shortly.

Really looking forward to see some good attack on the edges. Hope vidot brings his A game such potential and our key positions like halves hopefully fall into place. Hopefully Barba plays like he did in round one.

Option 1 - Recall Granville

Option 2 - Put Ben Hunt into the hooker position and replace him with Barba while Hoffman goes back to fullback and Nikorima or Strasser make their debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • marw
  • broncotville
  • johnyE
  • lynx000
  • Socnorb
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.