Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time hunt shapes to grubber i fear a runaway try to the other team.

fingers crossed kicking game improves (and the general organisation that enables a good kicking game)

Would also help if McCullough was a better passer, but still, it shouldn't be as bad as it is now. Wasn't he known for his kicking in the U20s?

From what I saw, he was a pretty decent kicker in the 20's. Unfortunately he just hasn't adjusted to the NRL where he has less time and space.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be working on his timing more, and I hope it pays off.

Last edited:
Macca's best feature in the NYC was his running game and ability to attract markers before the line.

His kicking game showed promise but it wasn't a key component of his overall game.

In an overall, technical sense I don't think McCullough is a particularly strong kicker. However, what has always been a feature of McCullough's kicking game is his ability to spot a 40/20 opportunity. It's an even more effective thing this year given there are no scrums and quick taps are allowed, so I'm hoping he can get a couple of them on the board this year.

In an overall, technical sense I don't think McCullough is a particularly strong kicker. However, what has always been a feature of McCullough's kicking game is his ability to spot a 40/20 opportunity. It's an even more effective thing this year given there are no scrums and quick taps are allowed, so I'm hoping he can get a couple of them on the board this year.

He only just missed out on one against the Dogs.

Yeah I so thought that kick was going, I was out of my seat embarrassingly prematurely.

I really hope the players do some extra work in defense this week. Cowboys were quite deadly against the Raiders when they were able to do their thing. I am hoping the Broncos don't give them any chance to do this kind of thing.

But on a positive note, at least we don't have to deal with this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very true. McCullough has quite a long boot so he should really take some responsibility with the long kicking game. He should be kicking enough to get a 40/20 a game IMO.

24 40/20s in a season would be unreal.

Make it happen Macca!

I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?

I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?

As much as I want Maranta to gun it again, Hunt is more important now.

Get hunt up there now

I agree with barba here now all we need is hunt to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • levikaden
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Canga
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • cento
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.