Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
every time hunt shapes to grubber i fear a runaway try to the other team.

fingers crossed kicking game improves (and the general organisation that enables a good kicking game)

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Would also help if McCullough was a better passer, but still, it shouldn't be as bad as it is now. Wasn't he known for his kicking in the U20s?

From what I saw, he was a pretty decent kicker in the 20's. Unfortunately he just hasn't adjusted to the NRL where he has less time and space.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be working on his timing more, and I hope it pays off.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Macca's best feature in the NYC was his running game and ability to attract markers before the line.

His kicking game showed promise but it wasn't a key component of his overall game.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
In an overall, technical sense I don't think McCullough is a particularly strong kicker. However, what has always been a feature of McCullough's kicking game is his ability to spot a 40/20 opportunity. It's an even more effective thing this year given there are no scrums and quick taps are allowed, so I'm hoping he can get a couple of them on the board this year.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
In an overall, technical sense I don't think McCullough is a particularly strong kicker. However, what has always been a feature of McCullough's kicking game is his ability to spot a 40/20 opportunity. It's an even more effective thing this year given there are no scrums and quick taps are allowed, so I'm hoping he can get a couple of them on the board this year.

He only just missed out on one against the Dogs.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I so thought that kick was going, I was out of my seat embarrassingly prematurely.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I really hope the players do some extra work in defense this week. Cowboys were quite deadly against the Raiders when they were able to do their thing. I am hoping the Broncos don't give them any chance to do this kind of thing.

But on a positive note, at least we don't have to deal with this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Very true. McCullough has quite a long boot so he should really take some responsibility with the long kicking game. He should be kicking enough to get a 40/20 a game IMO.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
24 40/20s in a season would be unreal.

Make it happen Macca!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?

As much as I want Maranta to gun it again, Hunt is more important now.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Get hunt up there now

J

JMG87

BRL Player
Mar 8, 2014
I agree with barba here now all we need is hunt to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • Gympie devil
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.