Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game day!

I will be at the game cheering the boys on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice avatar [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] You've managed to find 2 photos of things that almost never happen. Maranta scoring a try and Hoffman throwing a pass.

I forgot how awesome Friday was for a while there. Bring on the game, go the might Broncos :)

Fox Sports 1 is replaying the Round 1 2009 game v Cowboys.

Should be a blast from the past. Looking back, I just remember how excited I was to see all these fresh faces in the team. I believe the team had something like four players making their club debut, three players making their first grade debut and even the likes of Michaels & McCullough were seemingly fresh additions given they didn't see that much first grade in 2008.

From memory, the game was a bit of a penalty thon where both teams were gifted field position and had the plays to take advantage. Brisbane in particular kept resorting to the second man play, which worked a charm and really caught the Cows out-wide. However, the Broncos were guilty of conceding a couple of soft tries themselves. In the end, it was a Wallace field goal that seperated both teams.

Yep, blame it on auto correct...

Currently sitting in a massage parlour in Bali waiting for this game to start so I can go to the sports bar and watch the mighty Broncos. Let's hope for a happy ending to tonight's proceedings

Currently sitting in a massage parlour in Bali waiting for this game to start so I can go to the sports bar and watch the mighty Broncos. Let's hope for a happy ending to tonight's proceedings

On top of the one your about to get?

There's a Corey Parker article in this week's big league edition and the writer said that Parker's form had been extraordinary and it was more significant considering he had only his Rep debut in recent seasons.

Sorry bud Corey Parker debuted for Queensland in Game 2 of 2004. At least get your facts right and do a bit of research.

What, you mean Corey Parker the number 10 prop? Or was that Corey Parker the leading state and country (sorry Mr. Grub Gallen) lock? Oh, that Corey Parker. Wake yourself up Hook.

Broncos 24 - 16
FTS - Vidot
MOM - Barba

Broncos 24 - 16
FTS - Vidot
MOM - Barba

Just lovin your confidence at the moment Subby! I feel we will have the edge on the cowgirls this evening too.

MoM = Benny Barba-his in for a huge game
Big Improver = Jack Reed - Hook apparently gave the young fella a huge serve at training yesterday morning and had Jack in tears.

Look, I have every confidence in whatever method Hook chooses to use ,BUT, i am slightly concerned at the ramifications if this new 'reverse psychology' technique backfires. I mean, there is no need for a coach to criticise one of the lads because of hes hair/skin colour (Jack being a redhead etc)

Anyways lads, lets fire up and settle back for a wonderful nights viewing! xoxo

I'm probably going to regret saying this this but I reckon Maranta is going to back up his performance against the Dogs with another quality performance. Time to head for the old bomb shelter I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • DrGee
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.