Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?
Can you put one of Hoffman with the six clearly visible on his back.

Very true. McCullough has quite a long boot so he should really take some responsibility with the long kicking game. He should be kicking enough to get a 40/20 a game IMO.

And kicking on early tackles too. Let's be honest, if it's tackle 5 you know Hoffman isn't going to kick, so you pressure Hunt and force him to kick with no time. A good kick on 3rd or 4th tackle from Macca, even if it doesn't go for a 40/20, would still likely yield better results than waiting for tackle 5 and kicking from halfway.

Also, if anyone saw the Panthers game on the weekend, you'd know the refs had to tell Penny they could take a quick tap. There was literally no Knights ready for defending and no Panthers playing rushing down to try and take advantage. When Macca does land one, I hope there's at least 5 of them racing down there to do the quick tap.

I don't think there were any 40/20's in Round one. Will be interesting to see if it becomes a more prevalent tactic throughout the season.
Huge amount of pressure if the attacking team gets downfield quickly.

Another advantage at Origin time too, given the relative kicking games of the two sides.

I'm not saying I'm magic or anything, but the moment I ironically put a pic of Maranta as my avatar, he has his best game ever. Any other poor players that we want to Morkel up, or should I keep Maranta there and hope he keeps it up?

A flashing avatar of Maranta, Hunt and Hoffman would make me hard tbh...

119780-6458be22-a6a4-11e3-94c1-d923b8b77352.jpg

Perhaps if you put a pic of both of them as the avatar, they will both fire and form a great halves combination..

I don't think there were any 40/20's in Round one. Will be interesting to see if it becomes a more prevalent tactic throughout the season.
Huge amount of pressure if the attacking team gets downfield quickly.

Another advantage at Origin time too, given the relative kicking games of the two sides.

Soward kicked one. Penrith had NFI about the rules though.

Soward kicked one. Penrith had NFI about the rules though.

Could be wrong, but it seemed like the referees were a little unsure of where the mark was as well. Or at least, that's what the replay on the Matty Johns show was hinting at.

Hopefully they get their act together because the quick tap is going to be lethal this season.

Something very funny happened last night. My missus has absolutely no idea about football but will often just say things that she hears on radio or reads "i.e Cameron Smith signed with the Storm." and things like that. Pretends to be interested just for my sake.

So she walks into the study and says "Do you think that new guy Maranta will keep Hodges out of the team?". Because she was genuine and trying to make a effort I didn't flat out laugh in her face. I have burst into fits of laughter every 5 minutes for the last 12 hours though.

My uncle is top dog at IGA HQ and just scored me 3 members passes for myself and 2 of the boys. Absolutely stoked to see Benny play at suncorp for the first time in our colours. Going with a cowboys supporter too so its going to get fucking heated. If we win im going out, if we lose im going home lol

My uncle is top dog at IGA HQ and just scored me 3 members passes for myself and 2 of the boys. Absolutely stoked to see Benny play at suncorp for the first time in our colours. Going with a cowboys supporter too so its going to get fucking heated. If we win im going out, if we lose im going home lol

When Benny gets announced I am going to lose my shit! can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.