Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granville in, I'd presume?

Bummer if McC is ruled out.

As far as the game goes, they're usually pretty tight affairs between the two teams. Despite the slow start against the Raiders, I think the Cowboys have gone up a gear this year (or will). Likely to beat us by around 12.

Hoping we keep it competitive, show the same heart in defence from last week, and take some chances in attack. Regardless of the result, I'll be there cheering them on!

One advantage to us is Mango is no longer at the back for the cowboys to score the winning try in the last 5 minutes.

Granville in, I'd presume?

Bummer if McC is ruled out.

As far as the game goes, they're usually pretty tight affairs between the two teams. Despite the slow start against the Raiders, I think the Cowboys have gone up a gear this year (or will). Likely to beat us by around 12.

Hoping we keep it competitive, show the same heart in defence from last week, and take some chances in attack. Regardless of the result, I'll be there cheering them on!

Hook is coach remember?

Alex Glenn to hooker, McGuire to starting second-row and yet another Qld Cup level prop onto the bench...

:rolleyes:

Hook is coach remember?

Alex Glenn to hooker, McGuire to starting second-row and yet another Qld Cup level prop onto the bench...

:rolleyes:

Nope, slamming Sam has got the nod.

Okay, well I was hoping for a better reaction. Obviously, that's not going to happen.

McCullough is not injured. He will be playing against the Cowboys.

Okay, well I was hoping for a better reaction. Obviously, that's not going to happen.

WTF?

I want to through a shoe at you now

2 bazinga's in one day, shame on you!

I saw Mc train today and he looked fit to me.

You son of a bitch

The boys had a run against the Under 20's today. I saw 5 kicks from Hunt and Hoffman and only 2 of them were effective. One was charged down and the other were just way off the mark.

After every kick, good or bad, the team would give Hunt and Hoffman encouragement almost acting like all the kicks were ok.

It was like having two kids in the class getting an encouragement award which we all know a for those with no ability but are trying hard.

It was all quite embarrassing. How can a U20s team get to you in a hit out and charge you down.

We can only hope Barba kicks more as his kicks although short, looked better.

Is that really necessary?

The boys had a run against the Under 20's today. I saw 5 kicks from Hunt and Hoffman and only 2 of them were effective. One was charged down and the other were just way off the mark.

After every kick, good or bad, the team would give Hunt and Hoffman encouragement almost acting like all the kicks were ok.

It was like having two kids in the class getting an encouragement award which we all know a for those with no ability but are trying hard.

It was all quite embarrassing. How can a U20s team get to you in a hit out and charge you down.

We can only hope Barba kicks more as his kicks although short, looked better.

I've heard from a couple of sources now that our playmakers are hopeless at kicking. This observation just worries me. Sounds to me like someone needs to put some open wheelie bins & witches hats on the field, get the forwards running at the halves to put them under pressure, and get them to practice chipping in to the bins or grubbering to the witches hats until the sun goes down.

They're putting in extra work with kicking this week, I'm hoping to see some results on the weekend. Although, it could take them a while so I would like to see Barba and McCullough kick more.

I think it would help Hunt if he stands a little deeper so he has a little bit more time to kick.

IMO, they should kick closer towards the corner. From what I saw, Morgan's positioning is average at best.

Last edited:
I think it would help Hunt if he stands a little deeper so he has a little bit more time to kick.

Would also help if McCullough was a better passer, but still, it shouldn't be as bad as it is now. Wasn't he known for his kicking in the U20s?

We shouldn't expected Hoffman and Hunt to become Fittler and Johns in a week, I'd be very surprised if Hoffman does any kicking during the Cowboys game after his performance on Friday, it should be Hunt and McCullough doing all the kicking, Hunt really needs to work on mainly his grubber, every time it goes dead with the new rule we lose momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.