Morning
10:00

Team Lists

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's not, though. That's a pretty standard prop rotation. Every other team in the comp does the same thing.

The starting props will play for about 20-30 minutes to start off with, the bench props will come on for 20-30 minutes and the starting props will come back on to finish the game.

Most bench props will play 30 minutes of game time, some less.

Just did a check on every bench prop from rd 1 and it averaged out to about 36mins. That includes the junior dudes who grabbed 10-15 junk minutes.

Ah Mau played 38mins for the drags.

Every rotation is different but anyone looking at our starting front row of Lodge and TPJ and expecting them to both churn out +50mins with minimal support from the bench or Sammy to be relied on to play 30 straight in the middle are kidding themselves.

We don't have a front row rotation that can support 2 guys playing 30mins.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I think Webby is being a bit presumptuous when he says ' come origin time '. Gone are the days when we had five or six away on origin duty. The way these guys started rd 1 we'd be lucky to have any in the team. In fact we've more chance of having a couple of NSW reps. being called away.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Webby is being a bit presumptuous when he says ' come origin time '. Gone are the days when we had five or six away on origin duty. The way these guys started rd 1 we'd be lucky to have any in the team. In fact we've more chance of having a couple of NSW reps. being called away.

We're still going to lose players to Origin. Boyd, Gillett, McGuire etc.

They are the incumbents. They will be given first crack regardless of form.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
We're still going to lose players to Origin. Boyd, Gillett, McGuire etc.

They are the incumbents. They will be given first crack regardless of form.
Whether Boyd will even be fit come origin is debatable.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I'll be surprised if they decide to play Boyd on a bung leg in Origin.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
The incumbents was more a Mal thing. I think Kevvie showed he is a bit more open to picking who is the best player in form when he didn't pick Oates even though he was the incumbent. Wasn't exactly playing badly either.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Is there a game on beforehand tomorrow?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The incumbents was more a Mal thing. I think Kevvie showed he is a bit more open to picking who is the best player in form when he didn't pick Oates even though he was the incumbent. Wasn't exactly playing badly either.

It's also a Kevvie thing.

Which is why Oates, Thaiday were selected for Game 1 and why Boyd was selected over Slater.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I mean at Suncorp, but I wouldn't be upset if they put it on the big screen

I thought you might have meant that, in that case no idea. But that would seriously be sweet if they broadcast the earlier game at the ground.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

picking incumbents has been a QLD thing from the beginning (with one or two exceptions), regardless of coach

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Last 10 games since September 2014 Broncos v Cowboys- 34 tries each.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • The Don
  • rnabokov
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Robboi_321
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Accept
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncos4life
  • MrRobot
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Allo
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.