PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Disgraceful. The gates are opening at 5.00pm to show a Broncos Grand Final replay on the big screen....what a joke. I NEVER want to watch a replay of the 2015 Grand Final.

Is that official?

I doubt the Broncos will be playing a replay of a GF they lost..

My head says Cowboys.

But hopefully I am wrong.

Is that official?

I doubt the Broncos will be playing a replay of a GF they lost..

Not sure. The Broncos website just says 'Broncos Grand Final Replay'. I am only assuming it's the 2015 game because of the Cowboys rivalry thing but it would be a strange thing if they did. I just think it's disgraceful marketing that the best they can offer at the first home game of the season is to open the gates at 5pm and have a TV replay.

Not sure. The Broncos website just says 'Broncos Grand Final Replay'. I am only assuming it's the 2015 game because of the Cowboys rivalry thing but it would be a strange thing if they did. I just think it's disgraceful marketing that the best they can offer at the first home game of the season is to open the gates at 5pm and have a TV replay.

Or of course they could be spruiking that this game tonight is a "replay" of the two teams from the 2015 grand final?

Tipped the broncs. @Jedhead you were right, why throw away a lifetime of loyalty for a night of cheap thrills. Wonderful advice.

Or of course they could be spruiking that this game tonight is a "replay" of the two teams from the 2015 grand final?

No doubt they are (although I think it's a bit of a downer to start the night with those memories for Broncos fans). My real point was that it's not value for money for season ticket holders.

Last edited:
No doubt they are but (although I think it's a bit of a downer to start the night with those memories for Broncos fans). My real point was that it's not value for money for season ticket holders.

They haven't been providing value for money for quite some time now.

The pre-game entertainment of late has been rubbish.

Rubbish music and an out-of-sync dance from the cheerleaders. Hardly entertainment.

Rubbish music and an out-of-sync dance from the cheerleaders. Hardly entertainment.
it was good the time the cheerleader popped out in front of me, she had some dece ones too.

D2dd19d7033308f741bfd37e0aad50bf

Petero Civoniceva backs wounded Broncos pack to fire against Cowboys

March 16, 2018

FORMER Brisbane enforcer Petero Civoniceva has hit back at the club’s critics and backed the Broncos’ senior core, led by Matt Gillett and Alex Glenn, to fire in tonight’s derby against the Cowboys.

The Broncos have received a boost with coach Wayne Bennett declaring Origin and Test back-rower Gillett will overcome a minor neck injury to face the Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium.

With Brisbane fielding one of the youngest front-rows in their history in 22-year-olds Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai Jr, the cool-headed experience of Glenn and Gillett on the edges is crucial.

The representative duo, who possess 398 games of NRL experience, were below-par in last week’s 34-12 loss to the Dragons but Civoniceva warned the Cowboys to be wary of a wounded Broncos pack.

“The Broncos forwards have the firepower to get the job done and I believe they will this week,” said Civoniceva, the 235-game Broncos legend.

“It’s crazy to write-off the Broncos after one loss when you have blokes like Gillett, Glenn and Sam Thaiday in their pack.

“People are getting carried away. I know I was involved in many Round 1 losses but you can’t use one bad performance as a guide for the rest of the season.

“There’s no doubt the guys have some work to do.

“They would have liked to have played better and smarter against the Dragons but there is a chance now to turn things around against the Cowboys.

“The Broncos are a proud club and they will want to fix up what happened in round one.”

The Broncos and Cowboys have produced some heart-stoppers since their 2015 grand-final epic and Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett is relishing the prospect of end-to-end action.

“There’s a great rivalry between the two clubs so I’m expecting it will be entertaining,” he said.

“I don’t know whether it will be close but it will be a good game of football.

“Both sides bring out the best in each other, that’s the way it’s been since I’ve been back here in my fourth year.”

Source: Courier Mail

Fuckin pumped for this shit now. I've got the 'hurry the **** up' foot tap going on and everything.

Tipped the Broncos, hoping for a "upset" (which is upsetting to say, as since when are we the underdogs at Suncorp?), but fucking brain keeps saying no... :ihatethosestormplayers:

I think this is the first time the Cowboys have ever been favourites vs. the Broncos at Suncorp.

I think this is the first time the Cowboys have ever been favourites vs. the Broncos at Suncorp.

And that can't sit well with the team. If they aren't fired up for this after all the shit they've copped, I'd go as far as to say Bennett has lost the playing group, which is an insane suggestion I know but how the **** else would you explain such a poor attitude under immense pressure

Tipped the Broncos, hoping for a "upset" (which is upsetting to say, as since when are we the underdogs at Suncorp?), but fucking brain keeps saying no... :ihatethosestormplayers:

Remember when we returned to Suncorp Stadium, getting a win was quite an achievement for ages.

it was good the time the cheerleader popped out in front of me, she had some dece ones too.
Pics or it didn't happen! (You can PM those to me btw, given probably NSFW :p)

Active Now

• ettybay
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Scdeac
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.