Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Boyd a 3? Kahu a 5? Ofa a ? (No coincidence our middle dominated the middle period), Thaidays low score? Knik scoring the same as Milford? And tpj was awesome but a 10/10 wouldn't have given away that penalty and would have played more minutes with more metres and tackles plus scored that try... so minus his only 10/10 actually. Want me to go on?

To be fair, Kahu didn't get much time and a 5 seems pretty fair. He had some good moments, but didn't do that much as he got injured.

**** you refs.

The Cowboys got away with a trademark Thurston forward pass with Cooper's try. Nikorima gives up on Cooper because he's basically through the line. Thurston pops it forward and Cooper goes in virtually untouched. Those ones give me the shits. But it'll never get mentioned because we got one off a forward pass.

TPJ penalised for not playing the ball correctly. The Cowboys do EXACTLY the same, twice, right before their last try. You can even see McCullough say to the refs "what about the play the ball???" and the ref ignores him.

Thaiday penalised for brushing their fullback. Same happens to Gillett, nothing.

And the fucking penalties. You'd think the Cowboys were saints, but they were more off-side than us. I am still really fucking dubious about the amount of power the video ref has at instructing the on-field refs on what to look ping.

How glorious to see the forwards playing as a pack, just like Pearl's article said they should. The difference was not just the line speed, but getting numbers in. Holding the runner up while two more come from the sides and fucking belt them. Forcing them on to their back or facing the wrong direction so they couldn't get a quick PTB. We've always known that our forwards are capable of that, they just need the right mindset. Backs to the wall works. More specifically, when they feel like they're righting an injustice. Like that Dogs game where their dirty shit had our pack so riled that we just fucking destroyed them. Tonight it was everyone writing us off.

Halves were quiet in the second half, but look how much better they looked when we had momentum in that first half. Backtracking or staggered defence, both Milf and Nikorima had so much more room to move. Milf's kicking execution was a bit off again, but had the right idea most of the time. Just too big a roll-on or angle off by a few degrees. Practice.

TPJ. What an improvement. I still maintain what I said last week - again with the bad PTB this week, also with trying to slam the ball over that many arms and defenders. Stuff you'd get away when you're the biggest kid on the field, but not in first grade. McCullough and Bennett both said that he has those things to fix up in his game, but wow. When he does he'll be even more beastly.

And lastly, Jimmy. Easily my favourite current Bronco. Slices through, perfect pass, and the fist pump as Niko grabs it just tells me that he's home here. He belongs at the Broncos. The support the club gives him is why he delivers on the paddock.

To be fair, Kahu didn't get much time and a 5 seems pretty fair. He had some good moments, but didn't do that much as he got injured.
Exactly! He didn't get much time, so how the hell does he get a 5?! You can't give him a couple of points because "it's not fair he got injured"

And lastly, Jimmy. Easily my favourite current Bronco. Slices through, perfect pass, and the fist pump as Niko grabs it just tells me that he's home here. He belongs at the Broncos. The support the club gives him is why he delivers on the paddock.

TPJ, Roberts and Lodge are all key re-signings in the off season. Lets hope our poor recruitment this year was just Bennett playing the long game to keep these guys in the maroon and gold.

Boyd a 3? Kahu a 5? Ofa a ? (No coincidence our middle dominated the middle period), Thaidays low score? Knik scoring the same as Milford? And tpj was awesome but a 10/10 wouldn't have given away that penalty and would have played more minutes with more metres and tackles plus scored that try... so minus his only 10/10 actually. Want me to go on?
Yeah, you're right but every individual sees the game differently. Milf was an 8, Kodi a 5, TPJ 8, Macca 8, Boyd 7. That's my two cents.

Remoteaxd27

Wayne Bennett fumes at critics as Broncos edge Cowboys in thrilling local derby

March 16, 2018

BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett last night launched a stinging attack on the club’s critics, saying the Broncos will never be broken after pulling off a stunning derby defeat of the Cowboys.

Brisbane buried one of the most turbulent weeks in their history, overcoming searing criticism and Jordan Kahu’s sickening broken jaw to stun North Queensland 24-20 at Suncorp Stadium.

In another derby thriller before 46,080 fans, the besieged Broncos proved there is no prouder club, hitting back from last week’s Dragons debacle to rock premiership favourites the Cowboys.

“There’s no other club in any sport in this country who could have pulled together the way we did with the adversity we’ve been through,” Bennett fired.

“You can’t divide us guys.

“Stay at it ... but our strength is the club and our people.”

Brisbane were pilloried following their 34-12 rout at Kogarah. Their forwards were panned. Their halves were slammed. Even Bennett delivered some choice words at training in a bid to spark his troops.

Last night, with their reputation and soul on the line, Brisbane muscled up.

In keeping with the Broncos-Cowboys narrative that began with their 2015 grand-final epic, it was agonising, willing and pulsating to the final seconds.

Brisbane looked home when Kodi Nikorima crashed over for a 24-14 lead in the 68th minute but when Jake Granville sliced through three minutes later, the Cowboys had hope at 24-20.

Then came the ultimate moment of madness.

With Brisbane under siege, Cowboys champion Johnathan Thurston went to the line and found a flying Scott Bolton with an inside ball 90 seconds from time. The prop looked certain to crash over before Brisbane’s 18th man - the goalpost padding - incredibly halted his progress.

Bolton bounced off the post and fell to the ground a metre short. Thurston screamed in agony. The football gods had smiled on the Broncos.

Unbelievable.

It was a deserved win for the Broncos, whose pack, led by Tevita Pangai Jnr, were superb, laying the foundations for Anthony Milford and Nikorima to work their magic in the halves.

With Milford returning to his best, the Broncos led 18-8 at half-time and withstood a fierce Cowboys fightback to get their 2018 campaign rolling.

The only downside for the Broncos was the loss of Kahu, who departed in the 18th minute with blood streaming from his mouth and faces 6-8 weeks on the sidelines.

“It’s a shame for Jordan but it’s only a six-week injury, he will be back,” Bennett said.

Of the win, he said: “We needed some luck, but we bombed three tries ourselves ... we were the best team out there.

“It’s just a performance we are pleased with. It’s nice to show the fans that the Broncos turned up for them.”

Milford had promised to play more direct and he delivered. His feet were fast and formidable. And Bennett’s elevation of Pangai Jnr into the starting side was a masterstroke.

If the Cowboys are the team to beat this year ... well, Brisbane have made a pretty fair statement.

FULLTIME: BRISBANE 24 (A Glenn K Nikorima T Opacic T Pangai Junior tries J Isaako 4 goals) bt NORTH QUEENSLAND 20 (G Cooper J Granville J McLean tries J Thurston 4 goals) at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 46,080.

Source: Courier Mail

I don't want to be a party pooper. But I thought tonight showed we are not Premiership contenders but likely a 5th-8th team. I LOVED how gusty and competitive we were.

But if we are being honest, Cowboys were missing Morgan (probably their best player these days) and Coote - and we were barely hanging on there at the end.

Obviously was good to stick one over the Cowboys but I thought tonight showed our limitations this year also.

But I can be proud of the Broncos team I watched tonight. I just ask for that effort every week.

Feel free to do your own to compare
Wasn't a shot at you at all! I enjoy reading those player ratings people do on here. Do I have to agree with them though?

I don't want to be a party pooper. But I thought tonight showed we are not Premiership contenders but likely a 5th-8th team. I LOVED how gusty and competitive we were.

But if we are being honest, Cowboys were missing Morgan (probably their best player these days) and Coote - and we were barely hanging on there at the end.

Obviously was good to stick one over the Cowboys but I thought tonight showed our limitations this year also.

But I can be proud of the Broncos team I watched tonight. I just ask for that effort every week.

And we were missing our 1.85 mil\season recruit Bird and lost Kahu after 15.

+1 to Wayne for getting TPJ here by the way. Still in the positives!

Really, really impressed with McCullough, and I'm generally a big critic of him. Played 80 minutes (I believe) and of consistently high standard. Obviously didn't have as much gas at the end as he did at the start when he was making all those runs, but it was an excellent performance.

View attachment 2623

March 16, 2018

BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett last night launched a stinging attack on the club’s critics, saying the Broncos will never be broken after pulling off a stunning derby defeat of the Cowboys.

Brisbane buried one of the most turbulent weeks in their history, overcoming searing criticism and Jordan Kahu’s sickening broken jaw to stun North Queensland 24-20 at Suncorp Stadium.

In another derby thriller before 46,080 fans, the besieged Broncos proved there is no prouder club, hitting back from last week’s Dragons debacle to rock premiership favourites the Cowboys.

“There’s no other club in any sport in this country who could have pulled together the way we did with the adversity we’ve been through,” Bennett fired.

Brisbane were pilloried following their 34-12 rout at Kogarah. Their forwards were panned. Their halves were slammed. Even Bennett delivered some choice words at training in a bid to spark his troops.

In keeping with the Broncos-Cowboys narrative that began with their 2015 grand-final epic, it was agonising, willing and pulsating to the final seconds.

Brisbane looked home when Kodi Nikorima crashed over for a 24-14 lead in the 68th minute but when Jake Granville sliced through three minutes later, the Cowboys had hope at 24-20.

With Brisbane under siege, Cowboys champion Johnathan Thurston went to the line and found a flying Scott Bolton with an inside ball 90 seconds from time. The prop looked certain to crash over before Brisbane’s 18th man - the goalpost padding - incredibly halted his progress.

Bolton bounced off the post and fell to the ground a metre short. Thurston screamed in agony. The football gods had smiled on the Broncos.

Unbelievable.

It was a deserved win for the Broncos, whose pack, led by Tevita Pangai Jnr, were superb, laying the foundations for Anthony Milford and Nikorima to work their magic in the halves.

With Milford returning to his best, the Broncos led 18-8 at half-time and withstood a fierce Cowboys fightback to get their 2018 campaign rolling.

The only downside for the Broncos was the loss of Kahu, who departed in the 18th minute with blood streaming from his mouth and faces 6-8 weeks on the sidelines.

“It’s a shame for Jordan but it’s only a six-week injury, he will be back,” Bennett said.

Of the win, he said: “We needed some luck, but we bombed three tries ourselves ... we were the best team out there.

“It’s just a performance we are pleased with. It’s nice to show the fans that the Broncos turned up for them.”

Milford had promised to play more direct and he delivered. His feet were fast and formidable. And Bennett’s elevation of Pangai Jnr into the starting side was a masterstroke.

If the Cowboys are the team to beat this year ... well, Brisbane have made a pretty fair statement.

FULLTIME: BRISBANE 24 (A Glenn K Nikorima T Opacic T Pangai Junior tries J Isaako 4 goals) bt NORTH QUEENSLAND 20 (G Cooper J Granville J McLean tries J Thurston 4 goals) at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 46,080.

Don't want to get too "political" but the way he bitch slapped the media at the end of that press conference was almost Trump-like.

View attachment 2623

March 16, 2018

Unbelievable.

The usual reporting from news ltd. They are now going to carry on all week about Bennett fuming.

Warren Smith was complaining about the hit on Thurston after he kicked it.

Stating that TPJ was late.. **** off, he hit Thurston almost immediately after he kicked it.

There was nothing wrong with it. It was fair game.

Yeah, you're right but every individual sees the game differently. Milf was an 8, Kodi a 5, TPJ 8, Macca 8, Boyd 7. That's my two cents.
Agreed. And I saw it differently from him. So......

Warren Smith was complaining about the hit on Thurston after he kicked it.

Stating that TPJ was late.. **** off, he hit Thurston almost immediately after he kicked it.

There was nothing wrong with it. It was fair game.

I wonder if JT will come out with another whinge article about havles being hit too hard by defenders. Poor JT :(

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • azza.79
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • the_next
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.