Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

For those who missed the post-game on Channel 9, allow me to paraphrase for you.

Fatty:
I think Thurston might have a case to answer for at the MRC after that shoulder charge on Oates.

Gus Gould: A true champion of the game, never gave in, put his heart and soul in to that performance tonight.

Fatty: Yes, but in regards to that tackle, he clearly lea-

Gus Gould: The next immortal, the master, is there anything he can't do? Single handedly bringing the Cowboys back from the brink of destruction, perilously close to performing yet another miracle comeback, what an inspiration, the little general, unbelievable, cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Fatty: ??

Trying to divert attention away from it.

Cowboys play Storm next week. He wants to see JT up against Smith. I guarantee if this were Origin and Thurston was playing, his attitude would be different.

Ratings only my opinion and unfortunately distracted by my wife’s talk during the game at times.
1. Boyd 3. Tried and laid on a few good balls but ongoing periods of softness. Mate there is no point laying about laughing with incredulity at the ref when u think they screw up. Needs to watch 168 hours of Cam Smith talking to refs over the next week. No point in going to training, can’t be playing injured and certainly not at fullback. Looks like a five eight/old style inside centre with one leg.
2. Oates. Not perfect but not bad for a second rower on the wing. 6
3. Kahu. 5. Poor luck with his jaw but he got himself into an awkward situation. Was holding side defensively well and huge catch. Was a lot better but it can’t be just bad luck he injures himself every time at centre. Type of player every team needs but please ask the surgeon to engrave on his forehead “For health and safety please use on wing only”.
4. Roberts 8. Need more consistent involvement but awesome in full flight. Won’t be satisfied till he scores a triple every game. Guy is majestic to watch.
5. Isakko. 7. Promising signs but still learning. Got screwed but a Thurston rake. His kicking now makes him vital and added a couple of marks.
6. Milford. 7. Very good but not quite an 80 minute performance. Much better combo behind a working forward pack but best bits were running, support and getting out of the in goal. Wonder what position that sounds like?
7. KNik 7. Wasn’t the dominant organiser but good touches, looked more relaxed with Maccas help. Still needs to talk more but give him time.
8. Lodge 8. What we need in a prop but would be better in shorter spurts till gets match speed and fitness. Bit slow at times.
9. Macca. 9. I think someone got it right when they said bionic legs. Crisper service (still a little slow), darted nicely, engaged markers, organised and showed why we need him kicking more from first receiver. Hope it isn’t another false promise then stagnation. Would love to see a guy like Bird (assuming lock given his size now) play second rake on and off to give him a spell and add another point of attack to take pressure off Macca. Also let him drop to first receiver occasionally ala Smith and for long kicks.
10. TPJ. 10. Huge in front row but played more like a lock. Put Taumololo and JT in their place. Like him to start at lock, but not be overused to keep impact (0-20, 55-80 with view to another 5 mins each stint as develops). Move to front row later in game with Bird off bench as lock at 20.
11. Glenn. 5. Solid in defence but not a threat in attack. Not enough to justify his spot. Give Sims a shot to start.
12. Gillo. 5. Better than last week but still looks not quite himself. Failed to protect his half on the try line very ungillett. Doesn’t look to have life in his game. Love to know what is wrong or missing.
13. McGuire. Good to have him back on song. Not Gallening it up but looks lost at times. Not smart or high impact enough to be the lock we need be a great Prop to compliment Lodge.
14. Thaiday. 3. Showed a few good signs and some effort but dumb play was just not good enough. Problem was this was one of his better games and he could still have cost the game. Time to retire before he erodes all good will.
15. Offa. ? Maybe I missed it as mesmerised by TPJ and Macca but barely noticed him.
16. Sims 6. Liked the hustle and defence at times, needs to keep building.
17. Opa 7. Did well but thrust into where he should have started. Amazed he got away with a “Melbourne line ball” pass. Hope to see u there next week.
Your wife must have covered your eyes while she was talking judging by some of those ratings...

Trying to divert attention away from it.

Cowboys play Storm next week. He wants to see JT up against Smith.

Yeah no way he gets suspended. Maybe for his sore shoulder they will give gate takings to JT and Smith as a testimonial to their bravery...

The refs stuffed up one of the cows tackle counts in the 2nd half. They found time to ping us for every misdemeanour yet they gave the cows quite a bit of leeway. McLean not playing the ball Granville threw 3 or 4 forward passes from dummy half and JT got away with one full on shoulder charge. Lodge was solid and the exciting thing is he'll only get better. TPJ was a beast all night and showed he has the balls to take on the best. Scott and McLean are both Aussie props don't forget. He also got in LoLo face all night. But the most pleasing thing for me all night was the whole team dropped the mr nice guy out the window. A few times JT was wacked and on more than one occasion our second and third man in really gave to the ball carrier. Issako looks very safe. Boyd was disappointing for mine again. Any other team would have been awarded Oates' try with cries of a miracle try. Once or twice though Macca was asking what we were doing when waiting to play the all in their twenty. That needs to be tightened up. Moose was immense and even Sims and Thaiday improved on last week ( not hard mind you) Overall a bloody great team effort. Add Bird to this backline and we'll give a few teams a real hammering this year.

The ref is a full fledged cheat. I don't give a **** what you say. Thurston and the Cowboys are a protected species, and it's outright disgusting. I fucking love that the stupid little asshole was coat hangered and nothing was done. I hope it hurt like hell.

The one thing that still frustrates me is a lot of times Macca gets an offload or a quick play the ball only for there to be no other bronco in site. He ends up having to take the hit up himself where as I'd like to see someone with more power and speed take a pass and gain more of an advantage.

http://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/i...2-cowboys-a-v-broncos-teams-discussion.12993/

This is a direct quote

"f*** me

Reading the broncos forum is like reading our forum in the late 90’s / early 00’s"

Well, I hope they read this... suck a c**k you wooden spoon winning, one premiership winning, perennial sore losers...

We'd have to not win a premiership for another 125 years to have the same premiership strike rate as you losers..

Kind regards,
Brisbane broncos (forever your big brother)
I read the Cowboys forum, I am surprised how much they are bagging out JT. Ch9 went over the top but he is still one of the best players in the game.

A little off topic, but the absolute most bullshit call of the game was the "strip" from Isaako.. What the **** was that? He had a slap at the ball carrying arm, the Cowboys player juggled it, dropped it on his own accord, literally not even a hint of a stripping motion, the Cowboys player just lost control of the footy.

I believe that's the definition of loose carry..

Also the no try of Oates. He had his foot out and it should have been a 10m scrum but the video ref "decides" no his foot is in and to check the put down and say no he dropped it in-goal so Cows get 7 tackle set from 20m. Guarantee if he didn't drop it they would have gone back and changed their minds about his foot being out.

I read the Cowboys forum, I am surprised how much they are bagging out JT. Ch9 went over the top but he is still one of the best players in the game.

Think JT will come back firing. He is also missing half of his spine and coming back from a long lay off. Mind you he is 35 and needs better protection from his inside and outside man. He doesn’t need to be as fast or as strong a runner as previous anyway just guide the team around and train Morgan and Martin up.

A little off topic, but the absolute most bullshit call of the game was the "strip" from Isaako.. What the **** was that? He had a slap at the ball carrying arm, the Cowboys player juggled it, dropped it on his own accord, literally not even a hint of a stripping motion, the Cowboys player just lost control of the footy.

I believe that's the definition of loose carry..

It is and it was last season.

Remember Peter Wallace? And then in the lead up to the Nikorima try, Moose does the same thing and it's deemed a loose carry.

Also the no try of Oates. He had his foot out and it should have been a 10m scrum but the video ref "decides" no his foot is in and to check the put down and say no he dropped it in-goal so Cows get 7 tackle set from 20m. Guarantee if he didn't drop it they would have gone back and changed their minds about his foot being out.

I think his foot was just in.

The reverse angle suggested it was in.

Not happy that he didn't rate everybody a 10?
Boyd a 3? Kahu a 5? Ofa a ? (No coincidence our middle dominated the middle period), Thaidays low score? Knik scoring the same as Milford? And tpj was awesome but a 10/10 wouldn't have given away that penalty and would have played more minutes with more metres and tackles plus scored that try... so minus his only 10/10 actually. Want me to go on?

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Organix
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Hurrijo
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.