10-Dodds
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Stagg

14-Baptiste
15-Gillett
16-Parker
17-Anderson

Again, I have no room for Wallace, Hunt or Hannant, why carry passengers when u can use someone who might actually have an effect? But obviously "Hook" would never be this pro active or clever but that's for another post isn't it.
IDK about having capewell at 6, if we were going to have someone other than wallace id have hunt in there and personally i would have parker starting over stagg. I really rate Baptiste, i think he provides a lot of energy off the bench and from what I have seen his service would really help our forwards out

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Dear god, is this what our season has come to already? Luke Capewell as a potentially effective option?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Capewell?!? Really... It really is the apocolypse

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dear god, is this what our season has come to already? Luke Capewell as a potentially effective option?

We are turning I to the Titans. I miss Lockyer

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
We all do Beads, we all certainly do.

The difference one star player would make to the Broncos is massive. The fact we couldn't seal the GI deal was a defining moment of our post #6 premiership IMO.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

The difference one star player would make to the Broncos is massive. The fact we couldn't seal the GI deal was a defining moment of our post #6 premiership IMO.

Maybe...I'd say losing Petero was just as defining, if not more. If we still had him in 2008, we would have had a legendary player in his prime, in the year where our props were ordinary. We probably wouldn't have signed the ordinary Clinton or Sims either, and Sims wouldn't have dropped that ball against the Storm...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Definitely right up there Alec, especially for the first half.

To me, the loss of Petero signifies exactly why we shouldn't be too active in the player market.

GI represents our inability to be as ruthless with our deals. Porky would have got him and Bellamy too.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It might sounds silly but that one superstar player could make the world of difference to this side. That said I think the blow torch is well and truly on Hook over the next few months.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Definitely right up there Alec, especially for the first half.

To me, the loss of Petero signifies exactly why we shouldn't be too active in the player market.

GI represents our inability to be as ruthless with our deals. Porky would have got him and Bellamy too.

We need to be smart about recruitment. If we aren't going to go for the big star we have to actively sign players who will make our team better.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I wish we had planes that could actually fly in the rain.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Aye, I don't think he has a premiership winning squad and apart of that is his fault but he still has one that should be competitive and should make the 8.

I don't think we're going to start too strongly. I can see us being really patchy and fans being far from convinced. I just hope that we fair better around the Origin period and that our run to the finals is much better than what it was.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our squad is ordinary and you can live with losing to an extent if you feel the club is headed in the right direction with either youth or game plan.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Could be a year where off-field actions are more interesting than what occurs on field.

Or at least one would hope.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Being active in the player market is fine so long as you don't have an idiot like Cullen shafting a club legend like Petero.

Also we would have had Bellamy coaching us for the last 4 years if he didn't **** that up too.

On topic - this match up is the battle of the spastics in attack, in saying that I'm going enjoy how bad it will be.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we lose to the Dragons... My hope for this season will be destroyed.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
vertigo said:
Being active in the player market is fine so long as you don't have an idiot like Cullen shafting a club legend like Petero.

To an extent but there are times where obvious talents are going to be doing it tough and buying your way out of those problems is rarely the answer. Our spending spree of 2008-09 lead us to missing out on the finals in 2010.

Mind you, our current approach is too big a 180 in the other direction. Right now, I think Manly have the best idea. Don't necessarily spend big loads of cash bringing in star players but rather buy good second-tier guys who for whatever reason aren't getting the chances they deserve. Taufua, D. Williams, Lawrence, Ballin, Horo, Fa'aoso & Galuvao are testaments of their recruitment and there are more right there in their depth.

I think the club should scour the NYC predominately but also make a big signing like a Shaun Johnson or Sam Williams to make a statement and get the crowd's support. That 31K was right up there as one of the biggest disappointments last night and sadly, I was apart of that problem there.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
To an extent but there are times where obvious talents are going to be doing it tough and buying your way out of those problems is rarely the answer. Our spending spree of 2008-09 lead us to missing out on the finals in 2010.

Mind you, our current approach is too big a 180 in the other direction. Right now, I think Manly have the best idea. Don't necessarily spend big loads of cash bringing in star players but rather buy good second-tier guys who for whatever reason aren't getting the chances they deserve. Taufua, D. Williams, Lawrence, Ballin, Horo, Fa'aoso & Galuvao are testaments of their recruitment and there are more right there in their depth.

I think the club should scour the NYC predominately but also make a big signing like a Shaun Johnson or Sam Williams to make a statement and get the crowd's support. That 31K was right up there as one of the biggest disappointments last night and sadly, I was apart of that problem there.
Drawing a long bow there, the earlier 7 o'clock kick-off to suit nsw tv was most likely the problem there imo. There were a handful of bays half empty at kick off and didn't fill up until around the 20min mark. An extra 45mins makes a lot of difference on a Friday afternoon.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Melbourne should beat the Dragons convincingly tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.