Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Any reason now to stick with Norman now his heading to the Eels? Time for some fresh blood I reckon.

Hoffman, Bond, Kahu, Kemp, Berryman. None of those options fill me with joy. I do agree with the sentiment though.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hoffman, Bond, Kahu, Kemp, Berryman. None of those options fill me with joy. I do agree with the sentiment though.
Well its either stick with Norman and end up either going to the market (extremely unlikely with the present strategy) or going with one of those options anyway after his departure, tbh I don't see much benefit from him sticking around, we already had Beale do that last season and he was shit. I'd rather at this stage see the club show some balls and back the others (not necessarily Hoffman).

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Who am I kidding, the club won't have the balls to drop him.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Unfortunately the only source for Norman leaving is the zerotackle article, so it's likely just BS atm...so he'll probably stay in the side.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It will be interesting to see what side is named after hook publicly accused the team of giving up, usually after such a big statement you would expect some changes, otherwise it has very little effect. Having no QC on last weekend will probably spare them the axe though since no one else could push their claim.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
maybe 1 or 2 positional changes. after 1 game it would be a bit silly to go wholesale changes. give em another couple weeks.

but i cant see much changing, we've been coached into how we are.

funnily enough the dragons have similar problems to us. should be a good arm wrestle. 6 all after 80 mins. two tries from kicks.

would like to see, (though thaiday wont get benched)

1 norman
2 kemp/berryman
3 hoffman
4 hodges
5 maranta
6 wallace
7 prince
8 hannant
9 mcslowugh
10 dodds
11 glenn
12 gillett
13 parker

14 hunt
15 mcguire
16 thaiday
17 anderson/hala

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It will be interesting to see what side is named after hook publicly accused the team of giving up, usually after such a big statement you would expect some changes, otherwise it has very little effect. Having no QC on last weekend will probably spare them the axe though since no one else could push their claim.

Yeah if he doesn't back it up I doubt the players would be too worried about what he has to say, one or two changes doubt anything more as you say.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think Corey Norman deserves to be dropped.

And I'm one of his harshest critics.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
I don't think Corey Norman deserves to be dropped.

And I'm one of his harshest critics.

Drop him for whom exactly? There isn't exactly a ready made replacement. Joe Bond? Jordan Kahu? No thanks.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Exactly.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
dont really see anyone saying norman should be dropped.

i will believe he's leaving when i see it. eels cant close a deal. im in no way desperate to keep him but for now he is not the biggest problem in the side.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
GC isn't that transparent.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Bond should get his chance.. He's not getting any younger

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008
I wanna see the following:-

1. Hodges
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Thaiday
16. Dodds
17. Reed

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i wouldnt have a problem with trying hodgo at the back but he's no GI. i think he'd get found out due to his aging agility.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
i think he'd get found out due to his aging agility.

Agreed. He was continuously beaten on the outside by Matai on Friday. He doesn't have the pace or the lateral movement.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Agreed. He was continuously beaten on the outside by Matai on Friday. He doesn't have the pace or the lateral movement.
I think the whole right side defensive line was shit and that's why he kept getting found out. If anything I'd say Hodges looks as fit as ever.
I'd really like to see Kahu get a shot in the centre, Reed to backrow instead of Dodds, although it may be a few more rounds before Kahu gets a look in.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
GC isn't that transparent.
I was suggesting it, not necessarily saying he should be dropped outright right this minute(he can stay if he performs, I got no problem with that), as for not being ready made options available, actually there are if your prepared to look and if he does depart, which its being suggested as happening today in the media and his manager has confirmed theres a deal, not just zerotackle.com.au and other forums, then sticking by him particularly if his in poor form or cruising along like Beale did last season and not giving another option this season a go when we are stuck with him doesn't make much sense to me when you will be in a position of needing to replace him anyway and not having tried other options make that even worse, then no doubt if the club was to do that they would get bagged for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.