Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If Norman is leaving we should drop him immediately and do everything we can to not help him develop as a player.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If Norman is leaving we should drop him immediately and do everything we can to not help him develop as a player.

You mean, make him play for Norths? Off the bench? As a prop?

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
whys everyone throwing a tantrum because norman might be going to parra? feck he cant say no to 450k if true.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Any supporter with half a brain will be relieved that he's going to Parra. He's average at best, woeful at worst, but keeps being talked up as some 'next best thing' prodigy.

IMO if he is in fact going to Parra, we shouldn't persist with him. We've been waiting for him to come good for a long time now and we still haven't seen it. Why should we wait another season for him to hit form when he isn't even going to be playing for us next year?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It would be really nice if the team was:

1. Hodges
2. Hoffman
3. Kahu
4. Reed
5. Maranta
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Anderson
17. Dodds

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bond, Berryman, Kemp, Capewell, Slyney & Hala all named for the Dolphins.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
im pretty confident the 17 wont change.. id just be happy to see a re-shuffled pack. and prince in #7

Last edited:
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Whats with that? Is Redcliffe the main Broncos Feeder nowadays?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd still say it's Norths but we definitely have a few Dolphins.

Hook's history at the Dolphins prior to coming to the Broncos might have something to do with it.

I don't see any difference in Prince being named 7 noise.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
At least we get to watch all of those boys on TV this Sunday. That is a superb back 3 at QLD cup level. How much pace..

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I don't see any difference in Prince being named 7 noise.

i know 6 and 7 are generally just a number but it does seem to have an effect on players and how they play. but yeh it probably wont make any difference. i just want prince running things.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I'd still say it's Norths but we definitely have a few Dolphins.

Hook's history at the Dolphins prior to coming to the Broncos might have something to do with it.

I don't see any difference in Prince being named 7
noise.

I do.

He'll be one closer to the action and he'll be pushing Wallace one further out. Everyone keeps saying that half and 5/8 are interchangeable these days and that either position isn't relative to the other, as they stand on opposite sides of the ruck.

I don't see it that way. I still see with every team (bar maybe the cowboys with JT) that the half is more involved than the 5/8.

I want Prince more involved......he can spark things around the ruck and just off the edge.

He can do things that Wallace hasn't a hope of doing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He already played a lot of first receiver on Friday, the Broncos halves don't operate like a traditional halves pairing.

TBH, Prince was just as bad, if not worse than Wallace on Friday.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
OFFICIAL SIDE NAMED: no changes.

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
No surprise there. Happy to see that team line up for another week. A clean out would have been outrageous after one round.

Fingers crossed for Hala to start killing it in Q Cup. I really think we're missing a damaging impact prop. Want Kahu/Bond/Berryman to start putting some serious pressure on our outside backs as well.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i agree. as said i would of liked to see a shuffle in the forwards, but happy with same 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ondi
  • mystico
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.