Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ben hunt will drop off the bench and Lui will come on. Wallace to fill in at dummy half while McCullough rests and Norman to go to 5/8.

Broncos 1-17 according to a Courier Mail journo.

Sounds like a stupid move anyway. Macca plays 80 if we have no bench hooker. No point shifting our halfback and fullback around mid game.

Looks like Ben hunt will drop off the bench and Lui will come on. Wallace to fill in at dummy half while McCullough rests and Norman to go to 5/8.

Yeah, it's been a long tough season

if he's worried about our forwards why doesnt he just give stagg and dodds more than 15 minutes?

anyway doesnt seem true. hopefully the rotations are just done a little better this game and we arent flat as a tac after 60

I was confident because the Broncos have a decent record down there and have won their last 4 games against St George.

Unfortunately, I feel that the 2013 Broncos can't win games away from home. And I also believe the losing teams who play at home this week will win their games, except for the Warriors cause they're fucking shit.

Last edited:
we havent played away yet but we cant win away? carn mate!

i'll take any kind of win tomorrow. the team needs confidence right now.

we havent played away yet but we cant win away? carn mate!

i'll take any kind of win tomorrow. the team needs confidence right now.

I apologize for the negative attitude.

But you know what? Everybody fucking has it, atleast you have the balls to say something positive about the team unlike these other fucking imposters.

Yeah, I'll get heat for saying that, but I'm just embracing my opinion.

no need to apologise, just havin a bit of a gee up.

i'd relegated us to bottom 8 after last weekend but with every day this week i just get that bit more of hope that we will turn it on this week. its only rnd 2 afterall.

i feel like im prepared for the worst though..

even sammy burgess thinks prince and wallace together is stupid and it should be prince norman...

Interested to hear Sam Burgess say Broncos need a running 5/8 and Corey Norman needs to come in there instead of two half backs together

Oh god Prince/Norman.

Oh the humanity. The scoreboard attendant will probably die of exhaustion! That 56-0 scoreline would get broken every week and for what? One piddly Norman try.

If anybody comes in for Wallace it should be Hunt but it won't happen unless Fourex goes postal.

I actually thought Norman looked a better 5/8 last year when he played along side Hunt. It was as though he was confident enough to call the ball without having to worry about Wallace wanting it

Agreed Splinter which is why I didn't necessarily believe we needed Prince. Better to have him than not mind you, but Norman/Hunt had serious potential as a combination and complimented one another beautifully.

I can see why Hook didn't go with that combination last year, but I would have loved to have seen us at least trial it a bit more this year.

On the surface, Hunt doesn't have a lot of talent and usually has a really dud play in him (tends to start a game by kicking it waaaaaaay too deep over the sideline, a cheap turn over here or there) but I like how he organises the team and how he isn't afraid to run it flat out. Wallace sorts of sputters his way up to the line without any real intensity or clue to deceive the defence. Usually his hit ups are a waste of a play. In fact, they can be momentum changers.

Oh god Prince/Norman.

Oh the humanity. The scoreboard attendant will probably die of exhaustion! That 56-0 scoreline would get broken every week and for what? One piddly Norman try.

If anybody comes in for Wallace it should be Hunt but it won't happen unless Fourex goes postal.
Very amusing
you are probably right
any opinion BP on 20's halves. I did notice you say Nikorima will not be the answer but the Raiders football manger claims he is the one for the Broncos

Agreed Splinter which is why I didn't necessarily believe we needed Prince. Better to have him than not mind you, but Norman/Hunt had serious potential as a combination and complimented one another beautifully.

I can see why Hook didn't go with that combination last year, but I would have loved to have seen us at least trial it a bit more this year.

On the surface, Hunt doesn't have a lot of talent and usually has a really dud play in him (tends to start a game by kicking it waaaaaaay too deep over the sideline, a cheap turn over here or there) but I like how he organises the team and how he isn't afraid to run it flat out. Wallace sorts of sputters his way up to the line without any real intensity or clue to deceive the defence. Usually his hit ups are a waste of a play. In fact, they can be momentum changers.
Agree with you on Hunt. I believe the reason they won't give him a go is because his kicking game is a low point. Shame they can't get Cronk in his ear about the practice he needs to do.
surely they could persist if Norman was kicking beside him which seems to be a strength of his

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Crom
  • HarryAllan7
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.