/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We were good.
... and our defence suffocated their attack in the middle and on the edges. Night and day compared to last year, for me the biggest reason we won. All that remains now defence wise is to make sure wingers DON'T leave their position.
The first 30 minutes was near perfect football for us. 100% completion rate, repeat sets, plenty of run metres, good defence. I think isaako missing his kicks kept that little bit of pressure on us though

Good to hear. Look forward to catching a replay

I said we looked good last week and predicted a win last night [emoji1417]

If you want me to give seibs credit for having a team perform as it should, fine.

Doesn’t take away from last years abomination
No it doesn't take it away.. it adds to how well he did last year.

Moving on old players. Transitioning young guys into men. Fixing their fitness in the off season. Getting Milford's running game back. Unseating Boyd from his Bennett untouchable throne. Recruiting a proper halfback. Fucking off useless scrap heapers who don't put in effort and kick stones (Roberts)

Seibold deserves today. The monkey is off his back. It's his team now and they're buying in

I can't beleive you guys are taking this so well. I turned off the TV after Croft got injured. Glad to read we won and sounds like our depleted team played with real heart. But **** me, if Croft plays the full game last night we win by 20 plus. Broncos are are cursed.

Oh well.. Dearden gets his chance next week I'd imagine.
That's pathetic

Moving on old players. Transitioning young guys into men. Fixing their fitness in the off season. Getting Milford's running game back. Unseating Boyd from his Bennett untouchable throne. Recruiting a proper halfback. Fucking off useless scrap heapers who don't put in effort and kick stones (Roberts)

Seibold deserves today. The monkey is off his back. It's his team now and they're buying in

He under performed last year and is performing to expectation so far this year. No way should we have been that bad last year. Anyway that’s in the past and it’s good that we’re (and the coach) performing well in 2020.

I can't believe Noone has mentioned Roberts punching Oates in the ribs!!! Can someone with some tech ability please post the slow-mo of the tackle that led to Oates rib injury. And watch Roberts smash his fist in right at the spot Oates was hiding afterwards. That **** is a fucking dog.

It was a cheap shot and as always he got away with it. He’s a scumbag

He under performed last year and is performing to expectation so far this year. No way should we have been that bad last year. Anyway that’s in the past and it’s good that we’re (and the coach) performing well in 2020.
I'd say he over performed last year in a very toxic environment.

He's been told "it's your team now" ... CEO and board have stepped away from forcing selection decisions on him now and he's finally taking ownership and governance.

He's fully accountable. He falls if they fail and he soars when we succeed. Way it should have been last year but wasn't

That shot on Croft could easily have been a penalty try.. player has eyes only for the man.

Had there been a crowd.. likely would have been a penalty and send off

Couldn’t agree more with this. I was yelling at the TV for a penalty try. I think the only thing that saved the South’s defender was he got to the ball first. Otherwise he was definitely aiming to take Croft out and only had eyes for him. He was lucky to get the ball at all. He only got to the ball first by torpedoing Croft.

Great win under difficult circumstances. As many have pointed out, once Croft goes off and Souths got a roll on, a lot of Broncos teams of years passed would have folded. A lot of broncos teams of years past also would have let in a try in the last 5 with the Bunnies right on our line. Showed a lot of heart and commitment and a huge turnaround from 12 months ago. Our biggest problem (and I don’t understand how it can STILL be a problem) is our wingers rushing WAY infield. I know we favour an ‘up and in’ defensive style but honestly sometimes our wingers are 20m in-field with 2 opposition men outside them. Seems ridiculous to me

Good to hear. Look forward to catching a replay

You might even enjoy it. We are actually looking like a genuine footy side. Not perfect but exciting. With all the love for the big names like Haas and Fifita I am really getting into watching Big Tommy and Staggs play. They are rapidly becoming my favourite players. I loved watching Tommy come off the bench last year as I really thought he brought something but seeing him start this year shows he has gone to another level

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes

Flegler is a beast, a Webcke clone but with footwork - him and Haas will be the Aus starting props for years to come.

Had to be a change of leadership to this powerhouse club. 2 years of mediocrity has been the kick in the arse we needed. Cant wait for the Roosters and Storm matchups, everybody else is mud.

Please coronavirus go the **** away.

Last edited:
It was a cheap shot and as always he got away with it. He’s a scumbag
Imagine TPJ did this, he's be suspended for 2 years. The sad thing is, that's probably not even an over exaggeration with the nswrl. There's not 1 queenslander or kiwi on the panel. Considering about 70% of the players they are judging are kiwi, islander or queenslander....Yep, seems right...

Last night in the wash up after the game Gallen's NSW-centric squeals of anguish at even the thought of Brisbane hosting a GF if the Sydney stadium was not ready just shows how much further our game has to go before it becomes a 'truly' national comp.

Isakko's pooped pass from the floor to send MILF on the way to the tryline and Fifita cutting Lattrel in half in his in-goal area for another set of six were two highlights I really enjoyed.

Staggs though was in another class last night.

I've been super impressed with Hopoate. He doesn't look at all out of place stepping it up to NRL level. He also seems like a bit of a joker, and having a funny guy around is always a good thing.

Performance Reviews

1. Jamayne was super solid, despite his uncharacteristic off night with the boot. Consistently threatening in attack (that line break and offload to Milf) and no serious mistakes (one time out of place) which is what we needed in a game like last night. We all know he can put on a show, but he seems to be bringing 80min consistency to his game. 7/10
2. Oatesy didn't get too many attacking chances again this week, but he was solid under the high ball and didn't shy away from the tough carries. Shame about the ribs/sternum because this performance was much better than last weeks 7/10
3. Kotoni just had the best game he's played. Two defensive lapses but apart from that everything was proper elite. It's really nice that he can shift to 6 as well. He is a deceptive runner and must have some crazy low key strength going on because he can just get through holes that aren't there. 9.9/10
4. Darius just looks so much better without the captaincy. I think it must have really burdened him. Best defender in our backline, nothing flashy in attack but no mistakes. Hopefully, he can find his rhythm in attack over the next few weeks because if we can keep this momentum and also unlock the left side of the field, we are proper contenders 7.5/10
5. Arthars didn't get too many attacking opportunities this week but every time he gets the ball he just looks dangerous. He held his own relatively well in defence, despite coming in off his wing too many times. Didn't like that they scored a try in the same way as their first disallowed try, learn from your mistakes brah! 6/10
6. Milford stepped up when we needed him too. As a lot of people have said, we lacked a bit of purposeful direction when Crofty went off, but I thought he still held his own - and scored a try that probably only 2015 Milf could score. His running game is coming back, but when he is the primary playmaker he just reverts to bombs which is a bit obvious. 8/10
7. Croft looked good in his limited minutes. It was shit when he went off thought we would lose the game from there. Speedy recovery bro! 5/10
8. Flegs Brah. The big marn is just so deceptive, and he seems to have cut some of the silly stuff out of his game. Strong D, tricky late footwork, a bloody handful. Another player who played his best game in the NRL last night. When he came back on I was like "**** yeah", which is never something I've said when Flegler comes on... hopefully the trend continues 9.5/10
9. Turpo makes the right decisions. I think he is one of the main reasons why this team is looking revitalised and rejuvenated. A lot of people have said he fades in and out at club level, but in the NRL he just looks bloody good. Maybe one of those players who just steps up. Every game he has started at hooker, he has looked like a top 5 NRL hooker. 8/10
10. Haas had a relatively quiet game for Haas. no mistakes. lots of meters. probably a really really good game for a normal human. but a quiet game for Haas. 8/10
11. Fifita looked like he wanted to kill something in the first 20 minutes. God, he looks hard to tackle. Throughout the game, to South's credit, they handled him pretty well. But he didn't let it get him down. Strong defence and a lot of effort. He also looks really happy, which is great. 7.5/10
12. I mentioned it in an earlier comment but Hoppa just looks NRL ready. Hasn't made any rookie errors. Hits pretty hard and is strong in attack. It wasn't a TPJ performance, but apart from a couple of defensive lapses, it was pretty awesome. 7.5/10
13. Captain Carrigan... the guy is just reliable. At the end of the game, when we are trying to hold on to the pill. Give the ball to Carrigan. Need 20 tough runs to get the boys on the front foot. Give the ball to Carrigan. Need some dude to just hold down the fort and make no errors defensively. Carrigan. Need a mate to take your wife out while your out of town... maybe not Carrigan 9/10

The Bench Warmers
Macca had a mixed game. 4/10. He was off the pace in the first half and his dropped ball was the first mistake we made, which let them back into the game. It's weird when Macca comes on we go from scoring points to letting in points. This game is a testament to that. 2-18 with Macca, 20-0 without Macca..... CYA
Bullemore made a couple of runs but didn't really do much else 4/10
Didn't mind Kennedy. I didn't love his performance but there was nothing especially wrong with it. I was pretty happy with those penalties he gave away - thought it was deliberately slowing the play at the right time. 6/10
Herbie deserves the start next week. Like Arthars, he is just another guy that looks dangerous and smart. Two challenging high balls, and he handled both on them brilliantly. 7/10

Just watching the replay. In Mitchell’s first run Boyd came reeling out of the tackle complaining. Looks like Mitchell have him an elbow when on the ground.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • thenry
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.