Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

No doubt about it we got the best forward pack we have had since the days of Webcke and Civoniceva and you got to be impressed with how well the young forwards have stepped up in the absence of key forwards too.

Potentially, they are the best pack in our history. I think though we have to win something to get them in the same bracket of some of the packs we have had with the likes of Webcke, Tallis, Thorn, Petero, Carroll etc. If we can keep the core of them together, i think they will win us a premiership.

Can't wait until we get TPJ, Offa , Lodge and Glenn back. We go from crappy bench to super bench.

Potentially, they are the best pack in our history. I think though we have to win something to get them in the same bracket of some of the packs we have had with the likes of Webcke, Tallis, Thorn, Petero, Carroll etc. If we can keep the core of them together, i think they will win us a premiership.

Don’t worry, Tallis will bleat about this ad nauseam when the current forwards get any semblance of attention in the media.

i was very frustrated with Kennedy's lack of IQ on our own line giving away those penalties back to back. Almost throw the tv out the window!
They were given on purpose. Old roosters tactic, our line defence was testament to this being a good tactic and Kennedy doing his role very well...

I'm not sure why people have ripped into the bench this week and even hopoate. They did their job, and did it well in my opinion. Same as last week. They aren't and never will be haas' or fifitas' but they brought energy in defence and were reasonably effective in attack.

My main concern with the squad this year was our forward pack depth. The 1st 2 games with 5 top 17 forwards missing has more then made those worries disappear.

Last edited:
You’re probably not far off the mark.

To highlight our luck, Croft has played the last 3
season with Storm incident free, 1 and 1/4 games in with us suffers an AC shoulder injury. Couldn’t script this shit.
In all seriousness it's something I've taken notice of for years. I'm happy to be proven wrong as my memory isn't perfect, but I reckon I'm a reasonable chance of being right. We went close to having a full strength side a few times in 2015 and we did ok that season too.

If my memory serves me correctly it was 2006. We went ok that year. Can anyone prove me wrong?
Nah, Ennis was out for just about the whole year. Had a pretty handy backup though.

cant believe no one has mentioned Milf's try... that was some 2015 vintage

A lot of our forwards and even backs are very capable of popping an offload. Milf should be around the ruck a lot more but it’s only deadly when he’s catching them at pace.

I didn't think we had any bad players tonight. Our worst player would have a rating of 'solid'. I thought Oates was quite okay making good metres and chipping in. Boyd was very good in a defensive sense especially when we needed an experienced operative. Our forwards were excellent and Hoppa is a pleasant surprise with a real sting to his defence.

Carrigan is a natural leader and might end up solo soon! Very pleased.

Oh, where are you @Morepudding
Time to give Darbs a rap.

The penalty on Turpin was ridiculous.

The Souths player was still in motion and there was hardly any force in it. While they still can be penalized, they rarely are. You will see tackles below the knees from a third player countless times throughout a season.

The rule was brought in to stop third defenders from coming in below the knees on a player that's at a stand still.

He will get charged for it, and we will likely be missing him next week.

The penalty on Turpin was ridiculous.

The Souths player was still in motion and there was hardly any force in it. While they still can be penalized, they rarely are. You will see tackles below the knees from a third player countless times throughout a season.

The rule was brought in to stop third defenders from coming in below the knees on a player that's at a stand still.

He will get charged for it, and we will likely be missing him next week.
He seemed to hit up around his thigh, but slid down so quickly that it looked bad. Just a fine, plus two weeks loading for wearing maroon and gold.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.