Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Anyone know if Hannant or Hodges might be a surprise inclusion?
Either one would be a huge boost IMO, especially Hannant because we are so outclassed in the forwards for this match as it stands.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Jeba said:
Browny said:
Jeba, I think the point people are trying to make is that the games where he kicks at 80% are the games where we smash the opposition and the conversions dont really matter anyway. Its the games where he misses the crucial one's ala against the cowboys that cost us.

Righto so that's 1 game, and might I add a game that we had enough possession and opportunities to score enough tries to take goal kicking out of the equation.

What were the other games?

Some people have short term memories. [eusa_naugh
Last game of last season against Raiders doesn't ring a bell?!!!
Probably cost the team final 8 chance!!!!

You mean the game where we failed to capitalise on more penalities then the Raiders, failed to complete our sets of six and made too many errors putting more pressure on ourselves, failed to capitalise on line breaks that we did make, no it all comes back to just one miss from Parker(despite the fact he got us back in the game with his kicking of 100% in the second). No look to the kicker, and not the glaring areas that really contribute to a loss.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Big_Dave said:
Jeba said:
Browny said:
Jeba, I think the point people are trying to make is that the games where he kicks at 80% are the games where we smash the opposition and the conversions dont really matter anyway. Its the games where he misses the crucial one's ala against the cowboys that cost us.

Righto so that's 1 game, and might I add a game that we had enough possession and opportunities to score enough tries to take goal kicking out of the equation.

You mean the game where we failed to capitalise on more penalities then the Raiders, failed to complete our sets of six and made too many errors putting more pressure on ourselves, failed to capitalise on line breaks that we did make, no it all comes back to just one miss from Parker(despite the fact he got us back in the game with his kicking of 100% in the second). No look to the kicker, and not the glaring areas that really contribute to a loss.

This.

Not to mention, we needed to win that match by 15 to make the 8, so unless Parker kicked 2 from 10 I fail to see how he cost us a finals spot.

Honestly Big Dave you make AP look like the most knowledgeable bloke on BHQ!

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
GCBRONCO said:
Big_Dave said:
Jeba said:
Browny said:

No that's not the game.
I'm talking about game where McCullough scored near the post and Parker missed a piss easy shot.
And the Broncos end up losing by 2.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
broncospwn said:
Anyone know if Hannant or Hodges might be a surprise inclusion?
Either one would be a huge boost IMO, especially Hannant because we are so outclassed in the forwards for this match as it stands.
According to Wally, no changes to either side.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No that's not the game.
I'm talking about game where McCullough scored near the post and Parker missed a piss easy shot.

Actually it is the game http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match3895.html . That miss was in the first half and granted it was easy and one he should have kicked the Broncos were still in the match regardless at halftime, he kicked the real two important shots in the match that got us back into the game in the second half and thats what really counts especially when the pressure is on. Bottomline is the Broncos loss that match on a lot more factors then just solely one goal attempt.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
GCBRONCO said:
No that's not the game.

Actually it is the game http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match3895.html . That miss was in the first half and granted it was easy and one he should have kicked the Broncos were still in the match regardless at halftime, he kicked the real two important shots in the match that got us back into the game in the second half and thats what really counts especially when the pressure is on. Bottomline is the Broncos loss that match on a lot more factors then just solely one goal attempt.

No it's not.
I'm talking about the game where Parker cost the Broncos game with his goal kicking.
But according to you and Jeba, Parker never cost the Broncos a game!!!
It's always the same old line "the team had plenty of opportunities to win but fail to capitalize etc.. etc.. rubbish!

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
No it's not.
I'm talking about the game where Parker cost the Broncos game with his goal kicking.
It's always the same old line "the team had plenty of opportunities to win but fail to capitalize etc.. etc.. rubbish!

He cost us the game last week with his kicking.

With Parker you never know if he has his kicking boots on or not.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
No that's not the game.

No it's not.

Well if you're going to rely on goal kicking to win you a game every week, you're fucked anyway.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Kaz said:
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
No it's not.

He cost us the game last week with his kicking.

With Parker you never know if he has his kicking boots on or not.

Also, last round last year against the Raiders.
He missed a piss easy shot, and the Broncos end up losing by 2.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Jeba said:
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
No that's not the game.

No it's not.

Well if you're going to rely on goal kicking to win you a game every week, you're **** anyway.
Well with the competition as close as it is these days goal kicking is VERY important part of winning a game.

Case in point last week, Tigers always get fked over cause Marshall is a shit kicker now while I don't think Parker should be replaced(unless we have someone who really is good) but I do think he's very inconsistent, one week he will slot every kick, the next he can barely get near the posts.

I think we should invest in a goal kicking coach like El Masri or Halligan, it's very important to have good goal kicking these days with so many games being decided on 2-6 points.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
20's go down by 38-22.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Jeba said:
Big_Dave said:
GCBRONCO said:
No that's not the game.

No it's not.

Well if you're going to rely on goal kicking to win you a game every week, you're **** anyway.

Good comeback there Jebba [icon_thumbs_do
Sims dropped ball didn't cost the Broncos a chance to play in the grand final either!!!
"The team had plenty of chances to win it before the dropped ball!!!" :roll:

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anderson just tore his calf muscle. Someone from the U20's will replace him.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Sims dropped ball didn't cost the Broncos a chance to play in the grand final either!!!

They did. We dropped it 20 times before Sims did, and should've had the game well and truly wrapped up by that stage.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Jeba said:
Big_Dave said:

They did. We dropped it 20 times before Sims did, and should've had the game well and truly wrapped up by that stage.

How they scored with a player in the sin bin is also a mystery.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Jeba said:
Big_Dave said:

20 times? You have no clue.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Big_Dave":26b0ujmr]Good comeback there Jebba [icon_thumbs_do

20 times? You have no clue.[/quote:26b0ujmr]

So you reckon the whole game, in a semi final, comes down to one hitup? You're a complete **** tard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.