Status
Not open for further replies.
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Big_Dave said:
mrslong said:
Anyone heard if Gagai will be taking over the goal kicking if Corey doesn't pick up his game??

Gagai has improved his goal kicking. He was kicking like the mid 60% last year.
Hmm interesting.

Cheers!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Anyone heard if Gagai will be taking over the goal kicking if Corey doesn't pick up his game??

Ridiculous if true.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Jeba said:
mrslong said:

Ridiculous if true.

Parker miss too many important shots for my liking and won't be around forever.
Gagai will turn into a sharp shooter.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Would love to see a back doing the kicking duties. It just ain't right seeing a muppet like parker doing the kicks. He loses more games than he wins with that boot IMO.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Jeba said:
mrslong said:

Ridiculous if true.

Parker miss too many important shots for my liking and won't be around forever.
Gagai will turn into a sharp shooter.

I've no doubt Gagai can kick but sacking Parker based on his kicking performance against the Cowboys is very harsh. He did kick at over 75% last year I believe I read somewhere.

If Corey decides he'd rather give Gagai the kicking duties then that'd be fair enough.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Jeba, I think the point people are trying to make is that the games where he kicks at 80% are the games where we smash the opposition and the conversions dont really matter anyway. Its the games where he misses the crucial one's ala against the cowboys that cost us.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You guys want to hand a one game rookie the kicking duties when he really wasn't even that good in the Toyota Cup?

What's next? Have Mitch Frei ahead of Thaiday?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Browny said:
Jeba, I think the point people are trying to make is that the games where he kicks at 80% are the games where we smash the opposition and the conversions dont really matter anyway. Its the games where he misses the crucial one's ala against the cowboys that cost us.

Righto so that's 1 game, and might I add a game that we had enough possession and opportunities to score enough tries to take goal kicking out of the equation.

What were the other games?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Browny said:

I have to disagree here, from the last 5 games that we have lost including the first round this season there have only been two matches where the margin you could argue was a factor in the loss and even then I don't think you can claim the loss against the Cowboys was due to Parker's goalkicking especially round one and the so many factors lost us that game. Parker has shown himself more then capable to handle the duties fulltime and I'd prefer someone who has shown to be able to handle that pressure then putting as suggested by some a player with one first game under his belt under that sort of expectation, Gagai should be concentrating more on his own then also being responsible for the goalkicker.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Big Pete said:
You guys want to hand a one game rookie the kicking duties when he really wasn't even that good in the Toyota Cup?

He never took goal kicking too seriously.
He has been smashing them during the off season, hitting them better than Parker.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
[quote="Big Pete":318ymq0r]You guys want to hand a one game rookie the kicking duties when he really wasn't even that good in the Toyota Cup?

He never took goal kicking too seriously.
He has been smashing them during the off season, hitting them better than Parker.[/quote:318ymq0r]

How many of these kicks were in the NRL when they count?

I've even seen Sam Thaiday slot one over from the sideline at training on youtube, perhaps he should be the new kicker eusa_think

Knee jerk reactions all round [icon_drun

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not going to take the kicking duties off Parker just yet but If he has a few bad weeks and Gagai is hitting them well at training I'd love to see him given a crack. I prefer my kickers to be outside backs.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bucking Beads said:
Not going to take the kicking duties off Parker just yet but If he has a few bad weeks and Gagai is hitting them well at training I'd love to see him given a crack. I prefer my kickers to be outside backs.

Old clip i know but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFuVUXLJwes

Thaiday needs to kick some

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
I was on redtube the other night, saw a guy that look like Thaiday slotting them from all corners

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If it isn't already confirmed, Orford appears to be playing tonight - Williams is playing in the Toyota Cup game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
If it isn't already confirmed, Orford appears to be playing tonight - Williams is playing in the Toyota Cup game.

Good news for the Broncos [icon_evillaugh

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Dropping Parker for someone who could only kick at 60% would be the dumbest thing ever. That would be the worst percentage in the NRL.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Jeba said:
Browny said:

Righto so that's 1 game, and might I add a game that we had enough possession and opportunities to score enough tries to take goal kicking out of the equation.

What were the other games?

Some people have short term memories. [eusa_naugh
Last game of last season against Raiders doesn't ring a bell?!!!
Probably cost the team final 8 chance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • sooticus
  • Lostboy
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • Donald Garner
  • Santa
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.