Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Everyone knows I'm a Hunt fan, but **** me I can't justify picking him on the turd sandwich he dished up last night.

And that's the big reason I haven't wanted to see Wallace dropped. Hunt has done little or nothing to show that he would do a better job in the #7. Just have to hope like hell that Wallace improves a thousand percent.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
To be honest I would like to see McGuire start. I know he is awesome as an impact player but maybe having him belting them from the start could unsettle them early.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I know there is a poor season behind it also, but rushing into decisions after the 1st game of this season, especially when Wallace managed to be the best out of himself, Hunt and Macca, albeit pretty poor, is more panic driven than sensible IMO...

But if there was to be a change, despite Macca having played more good games than Wallace in 2010, I think Wallace can become a really good 80 mins hooker, and Hunt may fill the halfback position better than him. Glenn could then be the utility on the bench and Macca... Well, he's just too slow!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Coxy said:
Everyone knows I'm a Hunt fan, but **** me I can't justify picking him on the turd sandwich he dished up last night.

And that's the big reason I haven't wanted to see Wallace dropped. Hunt has done little or nothing to show that he would do a better job in the #7. Just have to hope like hell that Wallace improves a thousand percent.

well they are not going to drop Wallace after 1 round anyway. Our best chance of that happening is Hunt playing the house down in QLD cup in the 7.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":2usxdufk]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

TBH I don't think he deserves 80 mins. IMO Hunt looks the more likely to become the better hooker.[/quote:2usxdufk]

personally i'd axe mccullough, put wallace at hooker and have hunt at half.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":1czd0r58]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

TBH I don't think he deserves 80 mins. IMO Hunt looks the more likely to become the better hooker.

personally i'd axe mccullough, put wallace at hooker and have hunt at half.[/quote:1czd0r58]
Wallace at hooker looks very attractive, problem is I don't think Hunt can deliver in the halves. Despite being more creative than Wallace, his (lack of) speed may well be his downfall. [icon_shru

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":32e4y2ek]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

TBH I don't think he deserves 80 mins. IMO Hunt looks the more likely to become the better hooker.

personally i'd axe mccullough, put wallace at hooker and have hunt at half.[/quote:32e4y2ek]

Baptiste would a much better option.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
db1459 said:
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":1y1b5nti]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

Baptiste would a much better option.[/quote:1y1b5nti]
Baptiste looks the goods, but I don't think he's ready for the NRL, neither is he an 80 mins player yet.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":2p9mx87r]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

personally i'd axe mccullough, put wallace at hooker and have hunt at half.[/quote:2p9mx87r]
I honestly would love to see this. IMO it could be a masterstroke(or fail for that matter) but I think Wallace has the traits to be a really good hooker for us and we need a halfback whit more creativity.

I'm over Wallace and McCullough(and I was backing up Wallace all last year) but I think Wallace has more to offer than McCullough at hooker if we put him there.

Either way no changes should happen until at least round 3 or 4 see how we go with Hannant and Hodges first.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Brizz said:
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Tronc
17. McGuire

I like it. icon_thumbs_u

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't Wallace play hooker at the Panthers a bit, and was just as megashit?

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I've been thinking about the game last night and how i would change the team on how they performed last night. My team for the Raiders next week would be

1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Locky
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. Mcgurie
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillet
15. Glen
16. Tronc
17. Anderson

Gillet and Glen can slip into nealy any position we need them too. We dont need a spare back on the bench. Especially since we are playing the raiders who have a huge pack

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Can't remember when we last won down in Canberra. I reckon we'll be 0-2 this time next week eusa_think

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pretty sure it was 2005.

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
broncospwn said:
kluppy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":25sc27es]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

I honestly would love to see this. IMO it could be a masterstroke(or fail for that matter) but I think Wallace has the traits to be a really good hooker for us and we need a halfback whit more creativity.

I'm over Wallace and McCullough(and I was backing up Wallace all last year) but I think Wallace has more to offer than McCullough at hooker if we put him there.

Either way no changes should happen until at least round 3 or 4 see how we go with Hannant and Hodges first.[/quote:25sc27es]

atleast with wallace at hooker you know you have an 80 minute player, glenn on the bench as a (and i hate the word) utility, hes adequate in the centres/wing, he's good enough for the back row and could fill in at hooker if one of our halves fell over and wallace had to cover them.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
i dont see a solid halfback option yet so keep wallace. BUT

could we see an improvement from our first receiver with just a change to their supply ie.. a new hooker.

maybe glenn at hooker

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Raiders were on fire today without Orford, Campese and Dugan. We could be in a for an arse whopping but hopefully we turn up to play

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah. Lol. Raiders are going to fkn smoke us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosMan
  • Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • Galco
  • Gaz
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.