Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think a few people are downplaying Thaiday's efforts. Obviously its not like he played better than he ever has before or like he was the best player on the field, but its the little things, the one percenter's he did that count. He was in everything. He even challenged the bomb by jumping up and tapping it back. His defence was great and made plenty of tackles. He was trying hard, especially in kick chases and cover tackles. A good solid game from Sam.

Just wondering but did Sam have a break during the game, or was he out there for the duration of the game since coming on???

Last edited:
My few takeaways from the game:

Milford came on a little in the second half with a few half breaks, that will hopefully turn into line breaks soon enough. Needs to fix the errors though.

Mcguire impressed with his aggression and defence.

If it comes down to Wallace or Dodds for the bench, it's Wallace for me based on the first 2 rounds.

I would be frustrated as hell as a sharks fan. Sure Gallen makes big metres every game, but does he have to involve himself in every single play? He thinks he is a front rower, then a hooker, then a half and a fullback lol. I know he is doing his best to make things happen for the team but sometimes he needs to do the job of a Lock and let his halves do the playmaking. (Though with Robson and Barba in the halves he might be a better ball player then them anyway)

People were praising Blair's efforts last week, and I wasn't all that impressed with him. Yes he defended well. But that's about all. At one stage last night he had about 18 tackles within 15 minutes or something like that, which is fantastic, but we need metres from our forwards. Being our starting prop, he made about 36m last week from about 6 carries. Last night he made a measly 6 metres off one freken run. That's unacceptable. He dropped Thaiday for a few penalties, some of which were a bit harsh, claiming it to be unacceptable, but I doubt Wayne will say that about Blair. One run for 6m. That's ridiculous.

Can anyone explain what Reed is doing in this video? For a supposed "great defender" he sure looks ****ING SHIT.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152830035273074

Haha. Looks like he was trying to tackle Milf with his head.

People were praising Blair's efforts last week, and I wasn't all that impressed with him. Yes he defended well. But that's about all. At one stage last night he had about 18 tackles within 15 minutes or something like that, which is fantastic, but we need metres from our forwards. Being our starting prop, he made about 36m last week from about 6 carries. Last night he made a measly 6 metres off one freken run. That's unacceptable. He dropped Thaiday for a few penalties, some of which were a bit harsh, claiming it to be unacceptable, but I doubt Wayne will say that about Blair. One run for 6m. That's ridiculous.

Yeh I wasn't impressed last week either. At the start queenslander and I basically messaged each other at the same time saying Blair is actually getting involved, had a fair few tackles in the first 20 minutes, but then his fantasy league points basically dried up after that.

This week I thought the stats must have been broken lol. 1 hitup from a starting prop! Seriously!? He should have done at least 1 hitup per set for our opening 6-7 sets at a bare minimum, yet he did one single hitup. Thats beyond disgraceful. It's one of the times where stats literally do tell the whole story. 1 hitup. Pathetic and unacceptable for a prop. When was the last time anyone can remember a prop doing 1 hitup? Even Thaiday did at least 8 or so when he was prop.

I know it isn't comparing apples and apples but James Graham had 13 runs for 85m in 25 minutes last night, Blair had 1 for 7m in that time (and turns out in total for the game). That is unacceptable and points to two things, one that Blair is obviously not putting in and looking for the ball (early on our sets should be started by McGuire and Blair 1/2 punch) and secondly we have a slow serving hooker who isn't giving our big guys the confidence to run onto a well timed ball. Over the first two weeks our props have been awful for metres earned with only McGuire sneaking over 100m this week, our backrow looks ok and are getting a little bit of ball but the props (and Parker) are getting it so flat footed due to how slow McCullough reacts and plays from dummy half.

Didn't see the game, but I see Blair did a single hitup in the entire game? Is that right? Didn't take him long to revert to his *awesome* west tigers form. Great buy Bennett.

People saying it was a brilliant defensive effort - again, didn't see it, but are you sure you're not mistaking poor attacking for brilliant defending? It's the Sharks. Cronulla. Probably the worst team in the league. Stacked forward pack with a ball hogging captain, not much else.

Was going to watch the game on replay in the next few days, but after seeing even diehard broncos fans sayit was one of the worst, slowest games they've ever seen I think ill give it a miss.

Blair was a machine in defence, and passed before the line to create opportunities. He does need to take more hit ups though, but ball playing is obviously something he's been coached to do in this side.

Blair was a machine in defence, and passed before the line to create opportunities. He does need to take more hit ups though, but ball playing is obviously something he's been coached to do in this side.

This doesn't hold up.

Mcguire made 41 tackles compared to blairs 33, while also doing 12 hitups.

James graham made 24 tackles, 20 hitups, and is the poster boy for ball playing props.

There is no way anyone can defend blairs stats.

So is the stat of 1 hitup not indicative of how many hitups Blair, one of our prop forwards who's main job is to do hitups in the middle of the field, did? Am I missing something here?

Well you have ignored the tackles he made, but I dont really care what you think of Blair.

I was referring to you saying that you haven't watched the game just looked at stats and based on that and our opposition declared the a defensive effort you haven't seen most most likely shit attack

I certainly didn't come away from the game with any thought of having a go at Blair. There are other people in the team last night who deserve criticism before him.

Well you have ignored the tackles he made, but I dont really care what you think of Blair.

I was referring to you saying that you haven't watched the game just looked at stats and based on that and our opposition declared the a defensive effort you haven't seen most most likely shit attack

Blair was shit and he is spot on about that, who gives a shit how many tackles he makes when as a prop half your job is to take one run a set while you are out there, he took 1 run in total that is gutless and shows exactly how crap the guy has actually become. It was a Mitchell Dodds type performance, sure he makes some tackles but he does zero with the ball so there is no point in havving him out there. You can't win games if you don't make ground.

He didn't need to see the game, he has actually summarised it well, both sides were so abysmal in attack that any compliments about defense are grossly inflated.

Blair was shit and he is spot on about that, who gives a shit how many tackles he makes when as a prop half your job is to take one run a set while you are out there, he took 1 run in total that is gutless and shows exactly how crap the guy has actually become. It was a Mitchell Dodds type performance, sure he makes some tackles but he does zero with the ball so there is no point in havving him out there. You can't win games if you don't make ground.

He didn't need to see the game, he has actually summarised it well, both sides were so abysmal in attack that any compliments about defense are grossly inflated.

Most people that watched the game are talking about the defensive effort, which you can only judge by watching the game. It doesn't matter how bad an attack is, if you are poor defensively they will get tries regardless. Good, structured defense can make attack look rubbish. In watching they game the amount of times they attacked the line showed some pretty decent attacks but it was constantly shut down.

As an example hunt intercepting that ball to stop the try, the attack was good and 9 times out of ten that's a try... But I guess that was probably picked up in the stats...

Can anyone explain what Reed is doing in this video? For a supposed "great defender" he sure looks ****ING SHIT.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152830035273074

Bakuya ran between Glenn and Milford after Heighegton had taken out Glenn. It should have been a penalty.
Considering how quickly Bakuya brushed past Milford there wasn't really an opportunity for Reed to get involved.

For the record I am a fan of Copley replacing Reed.

I really like the fact that Macca chimed in with a few kicks in this game. It really took pressure off at key times.
He was trying to be more creative in attack as well. But there's no shying from the fact it looks like if we are going to need a lot of pints we are going to need Kodi.
Interesting that Wayne tried Macca at second receiver a few times. He was quite horrible at it though.

Those that are just looking at the stats. Blair did a lot of good ball playing however definitely needs to make more runs. Considering our forwards currently make so few meters I think we can't afford to leave Vidot out. I wouldn't mind Garbutt swapping with Joe next week though and for those two to swap semi frequently.

Blair is the man.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • cento
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.