PRE-GAME Round 2 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

There was never a QRL bid, QRL voted in April 1987 for a team and it was unanimous 10-0. Then on the 14th when they met to vote for either the Broncos or Jeans West- Broncos won 7-3.

BRL clubs voted 8-0 for the Broncos.
My understanding was it was going to be a qrl run franchise initially but was stalled when the brl clubs couldn't come to an agreement.
The NSWRL then offered it the private consortium and the rest is history. The brl may have thought they would have ended up with more input perhaps (their clubs were supplying a lot of the player talent) and gave way. ' That's why there was antagonism with the brl.
I thought the combined Brisbane team in the Panasonic cup was a stepping stone towards it, in hindsight.
I can't remember where I heard it but it may have been a Paul Morgan interview or perhaps another director. They of course may have had a different version of the truth than say the QRL.
I always suspected the crushers were an attempt to try and rewrite history on that front.

And the context to my comment is, if you are going to cast aspersions about KW's abilities as a coach, at least be honest and include his complete record as follows:

Kevvie's earlier head coaching experience - coached the Clydesdales to a premiership in the 2001 Qld Cup - played 20, won 18, lost 1
2001-2005 - Assistant Coach Brisbane Broncos
2007 Ipswich Jets - coached them to 4th position - played 20, won 13, drew 1, lost 6
2008 Ipswich Jets - coached them to minor premiership and beaten GFinalist - Played 20, won 16, +327 points diff.

Now you include those head coaching results into his career stats and I think you will find that his winning percentage is a lot greater than 36%.

2009 - English Super League - Catalan Dragons -Qualifying Semi-Final - beaten 27-20 by Leeds (eventual winners)
2010 - Challenge Cup semi-final - Catalan Dragons
2011 - 2014 Halves Coach/Assistant Coach - Melbourne Storm - Premiership 2012
2015-6 - Assistant Coach - Brisbane Broncos - 2015 Grand Final
2016-2019 - Qld Coach - 2 series wins; 2 series losses 6-6

If you were being completely fair solely about his Catalan's coaching experience, you would acknowledge that after a shaky start in 2009 he got them to one game away from the grand final.

But if you want to be either intellectually dishonest or lazy by cherry picking the lone stat that supports your rather silly position, you go right ahead.

I'm very much looking forward to this game, I think it's going to be a cracker.

It seems as though it's getting back to the stage where Broncos and Titans matches were competitive and there weren't much in them. There was a time where matches between the two were boring because it was pretty much an easy win for the Broncos. But little brother is stepping up. I'm getting vibes of '09 Finals with this match.

Might be a sell out crowd at Cbus. Not many tickets left.

What has his coaching record got to do with his ability to judge the quality of a player? I brought up his coaching ALONGSIDE his other experience within rugby league to highlight that very thing, his experience.

His experience of being coached by greats, of being a great, of playing with greats and his coaching of greats means he has a deep well from which to draw. You babble on about an isolated stat but blithely ignore all the other experience he has , experience which guides him in his assessment of the qualities required in a good standard footballer. Like lynxxy says, that's a failure on your part.

In short KW has forgotten more about rugby league than you've ever known.

And the context to my comment is, if you are going to cast aspersions about KW's abilities as a coach, at least be honest and include his complete record as follows:

Kevvie's earlier head coaching experience - coached the Clydesdales to a premiership in the 2001 Qld Cup - played 20, won 18, lost 1
2007 Ipswich Jets - coached them to 4th position - played 20, won 13, drew 1, lost 6
2008 Ipswich Jets - coached them to minor premiership and beaten GFinalist - Played 20, won 16, +327 points diff.

Now you include those head coaching results into his career stats and I think you will find that his winning percentage is a lot greater than 36%.

2009 - English Super League - Catalan Dragons -Qualifying Semi-Final - beaten 27-20 by Leeds (eventual winners)

If you were being completely fair solely about his Catalan's coaching experience, you would acknowledge that after a shaky start in 2009 he got them to one game away from the grand final.

But if you want to be either intellectually dishonest or lazy by cherry picking the lone stat that supports your rather silly position, you go right ahead.

nba dunk GIF

****, just been ripped off. Paid for two tickets and when I downloaded them I noticed they had 42 bucks stamped on them. I'd just paid $76 for them. I went, wtf. Typed into Google Cbus tickets and Ticketek came up, checked for bay 19 and sure enough, $42 each. I'd used viagogo....now they have all my credit card details etc. **** me...how they scammed me comes as a shock.

****, just been ripped off. Paid for two tickets and when I downloaded them I noticed they had 42 bucks stamped on them. I'd just paid $76 for them. I went, wtf. Typed into Google Cbus tickets and Ticketek came up, checked for bay 19 and sure enough, $42 each. I'd used viagogo....now they have all my credit card details etc. **** me...how they scammed me comes as a shock.

That sucks but it is probably another way to get Fifita money.

It's cost me $178 for two tickets worth $84. Ticket scalpers. I didn't know it was possible to sell tickets without being the official sellers. Now I don't even know if the tickets will be honoured. Edownload and printed. Apparently it's happened many many times to others but most seem to say the tickets are actually legitimate just with a huge markup.

It's cost me $178 for two tickets worth $84. Ticket scalpers. I didn't know it was possible to sell tickets without being the official sellers. Now I don't even know if the tickets will be honoured. Edownload and printed. Apparently it's happened many many times to others but most seem to say the tickets are actually legitimate just with a huge markup.
Yeah, I'm sure there was a big thing about viagogo a couple years back for being a scam. Maybe to some big concert or something. Isn't it a reselling site?

This makes me feel better for kind of liking 'Next year we've got Kevie'

Just de activated my credit card. Wish I could block payment too. At least I don't have to worry about other charges now. I'll cancel it tomorrow. Scamming *****, I just didn't know that reselling / selling tickets to an event was possible. I thought only the licenced ticket sellers could do it. Should have smelled tge scam, something did make me wonder, the old ' only three tickets left in this section' and 'you have 7 mins and 43 seconds to complete the transaction' in a box at the top of the screen.

So much like those booking sites for motels hotels. No **** to punch makes it even more frustrating.

What has his coaching record got to do with his ability to judge the quality of a player? I brought up his coaching ALONGSIDE his other experience within rugby league to highlight that very thing, his experience.

His experience of being coached by greats, of being a great, of playing with greats and his coaching of greats means he has a deep well from which to draw. You babble on about an isolated stat but blithely ignore all the other experience he has , experience which guides him in his assessment of the qualities required in a good standard footballer. Like lynxxy says, that's a failure on your part.

In short KW has forgotten more about rugby league than you've ever known.
Well you'd want a coach to be a good judge of the ability, kinda a big part of the job. Lockyer has an even better resume than Kevvie, and look at the horror decisions he has made with recruitment lately.

Your view is pretty pathetic, that just because Kevvie has a good amount of experience with the game, he must automatically be right. How about we go back to my original point, and see if you can name 3 worse players in the game than Kennedy. And I'd like to know why they are worse. There is a reason he has under 30 games at his age, and they are all bar 2, in a wooden spoon side.

I just had a look through the squads for this round, and couldn't find a single bench player I'd take Kennedy ahead of.

Just de activated my credit card. Wish I could block payment too. At least I don't have to worry about other charges now. I'll cancel it tomorrow. Scamming *****, I just didn't know that reselling / selling tickets to an event was possible. I thought only the licenced ticket sellers could do it. Should have smelled tge scam, something did make me wonder, the old ' only three tickets left in this section' and 'you have 7 mins and 43 seconds to complete the transaction' in a box at the top of the screen.

So much like those booking sites for motels hotels. No **** to punch makes it even more frustrating.
Could try calling your bank and reverse charging it

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Hurrijo
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.