PRE-GAME Round 2 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He is quite talented? He has only gotten games because of his size, and he has extremely limited talent. He will only ever be a minimum wage squad player, because his best games get you thinking "oh he wasn't horrible tonight, I guess he can be useful" and he follows that up with a soft defensive effort and rubbish offload in a 10min stint making you question his spot in the squad.
He literally is on minimum wage though and we need a prop due to suspension and injury. What the **** do you have your knickers in a knot for?

He is quite talented? He has only gotten games because of his size, and he has extremely limited talent. He will only ever be a minimum wage squad player, because his best games get you thinking "oh he wasn't horrible tonight, I guess he can be useful" and he follows that up with a soft defensive effort and rubbish offload in a 10min stint making you question his spot in the squad.
Who you talking about? Cannot be Kennedy. He went quite well last year and made a brilliant off load which his million dollar team mate wasn't looking for. Made ground, made his tackles and was solid overall. Anyway, you do you. KW thinks he's okay, kept him close to the run on team. You're probably closer to the action than KW and seen him up close, know his commitment and have carefully assessed his value. Obviously KW hasn't done any of that because if he'd done so, he'd share your professional opinion.

Well unlike most on here I'm very worried about this game.

I feel we could be the better team on the night; however I am so accustomed to the garbage that is current NRL that I feel we will be completely reffed out of this game to make sure the fake tits get a W.

Unfortunately I dont think we have enough game breakers in the team to be able to "take it out of the ref's hands" and so we will be reliant on grinding out wins, and therefore susceptible to losing games due to 10mins of poor footy.

Mix in some inevitable injuries and extended periods of having to defend our own try line with little chance of getting out of our own end, and I feel it could be a tough night where the boys will be valiant, but ultimately unable to overcome the NSWRL fairytale agenda
I'm with you brother, there's nothing easy about this game. Still, if we keep hitting hard and running hard we can win. When the tide turns as it surely must, we will start to win a few games. The winning feeling will return and our guys will appreciate it so so much more. Don't despair. Our time will come. KW knows this, Alf knows this and at the Broncos they are the living beating heart.

Well unlike most on here I'm very worried about this game.

I feel we could be the better team on the night; however I am so accustomed to the garbage that is current NRL that I feel we will be completely reffed out of this game to make sure the fake tits get a W.

Unfortunately I dont think we have enough game breakers in the team to be able to "take it out of the ref's hands" and so we will be reliant on grinding out wins, and therefore susceptible to losing games due to 10mins of poor footy.

Mix in some inevitable injuries and extended periods of having to defend our own try line with little chance of getting out of our own end, and I feel it could be a tough night where the boys will be valiant, but ultimately unable to overcome the NSWRL fairytale agenda

Totally agree. Titans get up for this game regardless of the talent in either teams squads and Warriors didn't do us any favours in round 1 by getting the win.

I can see it similar to the parra game, we will play well for the bulk of the game but lack confidence, execution and fail to get 50/50 calls in a few key moments to allow Titans to take advantage enough to get the points.

I hope i am wrong though, a win tomorrow and then backing it up against the Dogs would provide much needed confidence and relief to the entire club.

I feel confident for this one. Certainly not over-confident, could easily lose it if not switched on but just have a feeling.

Phew. I was beginning to worry. Good to see you've come out from behind your tea leaves and Tarot cards.

I can just see it now. Broncos up 34 - 6 with 2 minutes to go and Patty calls for the ball and kicks the field goal.

Love your work Wolfie, you always make me smile as I carry my flat screen to the pawn shop
If we somehow find ourselves up 34-6 with 2 minutes to go I fully expect there to suddenly to be a mysterious timekeeping issue and then the Titans to go on a run of 237 repeat set restart calls before they finally beat us 36-34 after the full time siren.

Who you talking about? Cannot be Kennedy. He went quite well last year and made a brilliant off load which his million dollar team mate wasn't looking for. Made ground, made his tackles and was solid overall. Anyway, you do you. KW thinks he's okay, kept him close to the run on team. You're probably closer to the action than KW and seen him up close, know his commitment and have carefully assessed his value. Obviously KW hasn't done any of that because if he'd done so, he'd share your professional opinion.
Ahhh so coaches never make mistakes? Because they are close to the players we should just accept it?

Ahhh so coaches never make mistakes? Because they are close to the players we should just accept it?
Mmm, not sure I said that. Just musing here but who is likeliest to know the strengths, weaknesses and abilities of a player? A. An ex Australian International, an ex NRL Multiple Premiership Winning Team Captain, an ex winning State of Origin Captain, an ex winning State of Origin coach, a Current NRL Coach and also coach of the player in question OR B. Neville?

If you believe B is most likely to be the best judge of a players ability then you're not quite right in the head.

That doesn't mean you're wrong about Kennedy. There's a chance you're right but do you really think your judgement and knowledge is so great that you are able to declare with certainty that player x is 'quite possibly the worst player in the nrl'???

Mmm, not sure I said that. Just musing here but who is likeliest to know the strengths, weaknesses and abilities of a player? A. An ex Australian International, an ex NRL Multiple Premiership Winning Team Captain, an ex winning State of Origin Captain, an ex winning State of Origin coach, a Current NRL Coach and also coach of the player in question OR B. Neville?

If you believe B is most likely to be the best judge of a players ability then you're not quite right in the head.

That doesn't mean you're wrong about Kennedy. There's a chance you're right but do you really think your judgement and knowledge is so great that you are able to declare with certainty that player x is 'quite possibly the worst player in the nrl'???
Yes, I'm pretty confident he is one of the worst players in the NRL, it's very arguable he is the worst(Happy to hear some suggestions). You can name all of Kevvies former glory as a player, but that doesn't make a great coach, or he would have a better coaching career strike rate than 36%. I guess you would use Lockyer's playing career to defend his decisions on the board? Or maybe Blocker's playing career for the garbage that comes out of his mouth on commentary?

I am confident we've got this. The boys just seem calm. Theyve addressed last weeks fade out and will not take the foot off the gas this weekend

I have faith in the Broncos.
20210318 174917

Anyone going to the game???

I'm definitely heading there and in celebration mode so drinks are on me, even at Stadium prices!! Our first win of the season and the start of our march to glory.

Yes, I'm pretty confident he is one of the worst players in the NRL, it's very arguable he is the worst(Happy to hear some suggestions). You can name all of Kevvies former glory as a player, but that doesn't make a great coach, or he would have a better coaching career strike rate than 36%. I guess you would use Lockyer's playing career to defend his decisions on the board? Or maybe Blocker's playing career for the garbage that comes out of his mouth on commentary?
Do you always rely upon one stat and ignore everything else? If so, you are living proof that you don't need a long neck to be a goose.

And the context to my comment is, if you are going to cast aspersions about KW's abilities as a coach, at least be honest and include his complete record as follows:

Kevvie's earlier head coaching experience - coached the Clydesdales to a premiership in the 2001 Qld Cup - played 20, won 18, lost 1
2001-2005 - Assistant Coach Brisbane Broncos
2007 Ipswich Jets - coached them to 4th position - played 20, won 13, drew 1, lost 6
2008 Ipswich Jets - coached them to minor premiership and beaten GFinalist - Played 20, won 16, +327 points diff.

Now you include those head coaching results into his career stats and I think you will find that his winning percentage is a lot greater than 36%.

2009 - English Super League - Catalan Dragons -Qualifying Semi-Final - beaten 27-20 by Leeds (eventual winners)
2010 - Challenge Cup semi-final - Catalan Dragons
2011 - 2014 Halves Coach/Assistant Coach - Melbourne Storm - Premiership 2012
2015-6 - Assistant Coach - Brisbane Broncos - 2015 Grand Final
2016-2019 - Qld Coach - 2 series wins; 2 series losses 6-6

If you were being completely fair solely about his Catalan's coaching experience, you would acknowledge that after a shaky start in 2009 he got them to one game away from the grand final.

But if you want to be either intellectually dishonest or lazy by cherry picking the lone stat that supports your rather silly position, you go right ahead.

And the context to my comment is, if you are going to cast aspersions about KW's abilities as a coach, at least be honest and include his complete record as follows:

Kevvie's earlier head coaching experience - coached the Clydesdales to a premiership in the 2001 Qld Cup - played 20, won 18, lost 1
2001-2005 - Assistant Coach Brisbane Broncos
2007 Ipswich Jets - coached them to 4th position - played 20, won 13, drew 1, lost 6
2008 Ipswich Jets - coached them to minor premiership and beaten GFinalist - Played 20, won 16, +327 points diff.

Now you include those head coaching results into his career stats and I think you will find that his winning percentage is a lot greater than 36%.

2009 - English Super League - Catalan Dragons -Qualifying Semi-Final - beaten 27-20 by Leeds (eventual winners)
2010 - Challenge Cup semi-final - Catalan Dragons
2011 - 2014 Halves Coach/Assistant Coach - Melbourne Storm - Premiership 2012
2015-6 - Assistant Coach - Brisbane Broncos - 2015 Grand Final
2016-2019 - Qld Coach - 2 series wins; 2 series losses 6-6

If you were being completely fair solely about his Catalan's coaching experience, you would acknowledge that after a shaky start in 2009 he got them to one game away from the grand final.

But if you want to be either intellectually dishonest or lazy by cherry picking the lone stat that supports your rather silly position, you go right ahead.
I knew about all those things yet I have never seen it put together like that.... his coaching record is nowhere near as bad as I thought!

I knew about all those things yet I have never seen it put together like that.... his coaching record is nowhere near as bad as I thought!
With the Jets, he started from a low base as well. They had been out of the semi-finals for a couple of years prior to him starting to coach them. I hope he gets a proper chance to show he can coach at this level.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.