Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He didn't, but we literally have nothing else right now. I don't believe it's going to benefit anyone if we drop him as skipper.

Carrigan isn't a sleepwalker. He has clearly shown coming through the ranks his ability and leadership qualities, but again, like I've said for well over 12 months, he isn't an NRL captain at the moment. A couple of games where he hasn't been at last year's level and people are getting at him doesn't say a great deal for how fickle our support is becoming. You could easily level your claims at Turpin, TPJ, Milford......actually, the whole squad.

We need to back these younger blokes. Takes a good 3 or 4 years before most hit their straps as NRL players with a few upset and downs, and lots of ours have had no ISC development. Recipe for disaster.
Well we'll have to agree to disagree on Carrigan. Don't get me wrong, no homo but he's a good looking hunk of man meat to have on our posters, and I can't fault anything about him off the field including training. But I want to see him cut the biggest forwards in half, and watch them limp back into postion clutching their ribs, before I heap praise on his defence. Which is his only asset on the field right now.

Last edited:
Seibole did to an extent early into the shit show. Walters is being forced into the same position. Pressured into dropping the halves for the 19 year old you said you were going to let develop.

We need to bring in a couple of older heads for the rest of the year. They don't need to be world beaters, they just need to be solid and reliable. Haven't got a clue where we get them!

Walters:

"We got what we deserved from the Titans."

“Coaching in the NRL is tough, no matter what side you’re at. While we’re not winning, I’m really determined — everyone at the club is — that we can turn it around. I think everyone has seen some improvement in the side from previous years, albeit for not quite those periods we need to but we’re Round 2. I didn’t expect to wave the magic wand and it’ll all be fixed, that’s not the real world. It’s going to take some time, but we’re on the right path to get the Broncos winning.”

“They both (need to take control), Milf and Crofty. There was a critical point there in the first half where we came up with two poor kicks, one from Milf and one from Crofty that were pretty costly in the end. We had the Titans under good pressure and then we released it with some poor kicks. Both of them, not one or another, both of them.”

McHunt

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on Carrigan. Don't get me wrong, no homo but he's a good looking hunk of man meat to have on our posters, and I can't fault anything about him off the field including training. But I want to see him cut the biggest forwards in half, and watch them limp back into postion clutching their ribs, before I heap praise on his defence. Which is his only asset on the field right now.
You don't have to cut blokes in half to be a good defender. Apart from last night he hasn't done much wrong, it was mainly his handling. I do think he probably needs a bit of a break. He has played a hell of a lot of footy in a losing side for a young forward. I actually think Haas will benefit from his time out as he is in a similar situation. Our game management of players like that needs to improve. Tired players inevitably make errors. That's down to the coach to keep them fresher.

I still am at a loss why we didn’t sign Widdop. Fullback, 5/8, leadership, experience

Because the club has been inept at forward planning since Lockyer retired

Yeah Kevie is pretty useless with using his bench. Cardigan should have been pulled after his first knock on. It was clear he was gassed and useless. Then we let in three tries up the middle. And he keeps him on until the 60th minute. Soon as he comes off our defence tightens up and we score two tries... go figure.

carrigan should be playing in two stints as a prop. Use tpj and Asiata in the lock role and cardigan as either a starting or bench prop. Simple.

Asiata, I hadn't thought about for captain. Haven't seen enough of him in a Broncos jersey to make that call. He's also a candidate for early retirement.

From the press conference, Kevvie has already hit the wall with his halves, but he also said if we can fix up our defence everything else will fall into place. He said they're hitting the bags hard so it's not attitude. It's skill. But the thing he mostly said was Milford had to be hidden from Fifita, and that Croft had to be choppered into his position. In other words, Milford, the most senior back, and our most highly paid player, is not up to defence and is never likely to be.

So to fix the team, we need to fix defence. Meaning he has to dump Milford, but once he does that we know he's never coming back. This is the bitter pill Kevvie has always known he'll have to swallow at some point.

Putting any half in front of Fifita is problematic. I agree 100% that Milford's defence on Fifita was dreadful - he could have tried a lot harder, but at the same time, Walters knew that Fifita would be running at Milford all night so why not better prepare, either by not having Milford oppose him, or at least having a forward there whose sole purpose in defence was to target Fifita all night. It was bloody obvious what Holbrook had planned for Fifita.

Dumping Milford is not the answer until someone competent enough to replace him steps up.

As for Asiata, I can't think of anyone in this side remotely capable of leading this team aside from him, including Turpin. Whether Turps develops as a leader remains to be seen, and I am not seeing it yet.

Last edited:
is it po
Putting any half in front of Fifita is problematic. I agree 100% that Milford's defence on Fifita was dreadful - he could have tried a lot harder, but at the same time, Walters knew that Fifita would be running at Milford all night so why not better prepare, either by not having Milford oppose him, or at least having a forward there whose sole purpose in defence was to target Fifita all night. It was bloody obvious what Holbrook had planned for Fifita.

Dumping Milford is not the answer until someone competent enough to replace him steps up.

As for Asiata, I can't think of anyone in this side remotely capable of leading this side aside from him, including Turpin. Whether Turps develops as a leader remains to be seen, and I am not seeing it yet.
Dumping Milford would be a brilliant move from KW.
First, it would show the rest of the squad that regardless of the size of your contract, you are 100% responsible for how you play, and there are consequences to playing poorly.

Secondly, i think Milford needs it, nothing else has worked, and its far past time he gets a reality check.

And lastly, i would rather give Dearden and Croft more opportunities to play together as im convinced Milford will be gone at the end of his contract.

As for Asiata, I can't think of anyone in this side remotely capable of leading this team aside from him, including Turpin. Whether Turps develops as a leader remains to be seen, and I am not seeing it yet.
When the coach never mentions the actual captain but cites lack of leadership and specifically names the two halves as culprits, you know the captaincy is a debacle.

As for Asiata, I can't think of anyone in this side remotely capable of leading this side aside from him, including Turpin. Whether Turps develops as a leader remains to be seen, and I am not seeing it yet.

Turpins biggest issue for me isn't his ability or his attitude, it's how he plays the game. I've said the same thing for years and years about him and the last 2 weeks sum it up perfectly. He had a massive game last week, one of our best. He was in everything, tackling hard and just everywhere for the whole game. Problem is he burnt himself out and was pretty much anonymous last night. Always happens with him. To get the best out of him he needs a break in games. Here is that word again, but he was fatigued. Another who needs better game management from the coach.

is it po
Dumping Milford would be a brilliant move from KW.
First, it would show the rest of the squad that regardless of the size of your contract, you are 100% responsible for how you play, and there are consequences to playing poorly.

Secondly, i think Milford needs it, nothing else has worked, and its far past time he gets a reality check.

And lastly, i would rather give Dearden and Croft more opportunities to play together as im convinced Milford will be gone at the end of his contract.

I still think dropping Milford at this stage of the comp is a bad move. I also reckon Dearden and Croft in the halves would be a complete disaster.

Last week, Milford showed what he can do as did Turps and Isaako. What happened?

Perhaps for a start, putting Croft at 7 was the wrong choice, at least as I see it, given that Milford and Dearden had been building something, and that continuity ought to have remained to start the season.

Down the track, if Milford does fizzle and gets dropped, then the player I would like to see tried at 5/8 is Staggs.

Has Khunt played any games this year or is he not up to first grade standards we got try some thing different

Turpins biggest issue for me isn't his ability or his attitude, it's how he plays the game. I've said the same thing for years and years about him and the last 2 weeks sum it up perfectly. He had a massive game last week, one of our best. He was in everything, tackling hard and just everywhere for the whole game. Problem is he burnt himself out and was pretty much anonymous last night. Always happens with him. To get the best out of him he needs a break in games. Here is that word again, but he was fatigued. Another who needs better game management from the coach.
The fact that we don’t have another hooker on the bench just seems idiotic to me. Blind Freddy can see that the game is won and lost in the ruck now so we need sustained energy through the middle.

The fact that we don’t have another hooker on the bench just seems idiotic to me. Blind Freddy can see that the game is won and lost in the ruck now so we need sustained energy through the middle.
And someone capable of directing it. I hope Asiata really steps up into that role.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Rambstien
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Locky24
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.