Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I only watched the game once. Fifita has run over a lot bigger players than milf so I don’t think it would have mattered. It still would have been nice to see an attempt that wasn’t so feeble
So true but Milford had a side on shot, he was never going to be trampled. He only needed to make what used to be known as a copbook tackle or a grassing tackle. He just refuses to put his body into a tackle. I looked back over my old posts and what do you know, I whined about it years and years ago too! He's a liability in defence and we need him gone. I'd rather Croft and Dearden. At least Croft has a go in defence and seldom misses a tackle.

Jeez that's an ugly and deflating loss.

After showing some improvement and promising signs last week, this really brings us crashing down to earth and it looks like it will be another long year for the Broncos. Fifita scoring 2 soft tries just makes it sting extra.

It could be said that a 12 point loss against a probable Top 8 side following an 8 point loss against a top 4 hopeful last week is respectable, but make no mistake, the Titans had the cue in the rack by early in the second half and they just cruised out there... the scoreline flattered us in the end.

One of the few positives to take away are that I thought we actually looked pretty sharp for the first 20 mins... We looked solid, committed and like we knew what we were doing. We killed our own momentum pushing stupid passes / offloads in what looked like the team 'lacking patience' (Flanagan raised this in his commentary analysis and I think it was spot on). These kids so desperate for a win they're trying the flashy miracle plays and there's clearly no leader out there to take control and help the team get into the grind of the contest and wear the opposition out before trying to score points. We were like a boxer who came out swinging for the home run shot from round 1, instead of building momentum behind our jab, fatiguing our opponent and picking our moments for a big shot. Its symptomatic of a young, inexperienced, under-siege team with NO quality halves, NO captain and NO experienced, hard, old-heads to lead the way.

The only other glimmer of hope I can scrape together is that at least we didn't fold completely... I get the feeling that if this was last year we would have collapsed entirely in the second half and had 40-50 put on us, so that is at least some small consolation.

There's no quick fix solution for this roster... It's going to be a long way out of this hole. Let's hope the boys can get a win next week to build back a little self belief and confidence.
Huh? Probable top 8 side? Didn't you say if there's one team in the competition you don't fear it's the Titans? Like, you simultaneously think they're the worst team in the competition AND a probable top 8 side? Wtf. Please don't give me the guff that 'it's the popular view' or 'it's been reported' that the Titans are probable top 8.

No, YOU said they are. So, which is it? Or, did you just **** it up the other day when you stated the Titans were nothing to be concerned with and we'd beat them 13+? I think option 2.

He only needed to make what used to be known as a copbook tackle or a grassing tackle.
I don't reckon they teach that anymore, because hardly any **** does it. Little men going high is fucken stupid......

They can't run without legs.....

7. Dearden
6. Staggs

I've never really understood the calls to move Staggs to five-eighth.

I get that he played a multitude of roles in the grades coming through, but I'm yet to see much in first grade that would indicate he'd be a better five-eighth than he is centre.

He could be a better version of wighton which would obviously be awesome.

7. Dearden
6. Staggs

Nonono

We have experienced first hand how teams have shut fifita down. They do this by getting up in his face before he has the opportunity to get going, and NOT having a half try and take him high and wrestle with.

But instead we again did not move up (in most cases were actually conceeding metres to defend) which plays right into fifitas hands.

We are just a dumb and lazy team.

It was a disappointing but not overly surprising performance from the Broncos.

Last week the Broncos played like their lives depended on it and they still fell short. They're coming off such a low base the only way they can hope to compete at this stage of the season is if they play to their very best and that just isn't sustainable in a home and away competition.

I thought they were off from the opening whistle. They had an opportunity to keep the Titans inside their 30m after good defence on plays one and two. However they let themselves down when they let Tino just run 15m. Those are the small battles that they keep losing and it eventually leads to their demise.

Even though they really shouldn't have been, they were still in that game at 6-4 but eventually those mistakes caught up and it allowed the Gold Coast to effectively win the game before half-time.

They had issues all across the park but if I had to pin-point one it would be the Broncos right edge. Coates, Niu, Milford and Riki are all talented players but they have a lot to learn and there is going to be some real teething issues. Unfortunately for the Broncos unless they can secure a right edge forward and right centre there's little they can change there. Copley and Arthars could fill in but I don't necessarily think their upgrades on Niu. While I don't think that edge worked that well together especially in defence, I thought Niu and Riki both had their best performances in first grade. Again I hope Kevie manages them well but for Riki to get through 80 and come up with the runs he did was impressive and shows he has a future. From all reports he's re-signed with the club, so that's a positive sign for the club.

I don't mind the rationale behind giving Pangai three stints. Tevita is an explosive player and he's one of the few weapons the Broncos have so I can understand trying to manage his work load effectively. The bench rotation is an area Kevie could certainly work on, I think he'd admit he made some mistakes but having his best two prop forwards out certainly makes things difficult. In hindsight as well, he probably would have given Asiata a week off as well, he looked very uncomfortable with the neck brace and that Jolliffe try was a matter of him not coming in at full force. If he had his time again, Paix may have come into spell Turpin who was another who couldn't back up their Round 1 effort.

It was a scrappy reality check for the club and they'll need to be leagues better if they even hope to beat the Bulldogs next week.

It was a disappointing but not overly surprising performance from the Broncos.

Last week the Broncos played like their lives depended on it and they still fell short. They're coming off such a low base the only way they can hope to compete at this stage of the season is if they play to their very best and that just isn't sustainable in a home and away competition.

I thought they were off from the opening whistle. They had an opportunity to keep the Titans inside their 30m after good defence on plays one and two. However they let themselves down when they let Tino just run 15m. Those are the small battles that they keep losing and it eventually leads to their demise.

Even though they really shouldn't have been, they were still in that game at 6-4 but eventually those mistakes caught up and it allowed the Gold Coast to effectively win the game before half-time.

They had issues all across the park but if I had to pin-point one it would be the Broncos right edge. Coates, Niu, Milford and Riki are all talented players but they have a lot to learn and there is going to be some real teething issues. Unfortunately for the Broncos unless they can secure a right edge forward and right centre there's little they can change there. Copley and Arthars could fill in but I don't necessarily think their upgrades on Niu. While I don't think that edge worked that well together especially in defence, I thought Niu and Riki both had their best performances in first grade. Again I hope Kevie manages them well but for Riki to get through 80 and come up with the runs he did was impressive and shows he has a future. From all reports he's re-signed with the club, so that's a positive sign for the club.

I don't mind the rationale behind giving Pangai three stints. Tevita is an explosive player and he's one of the few weapons the Broncos have so I can understand trying to manage his work load effectively. The bench rotation is an area Kevie could certainly work on, I think he'd admit he made some mistakes but having his best two prop forwards out certainly makes things difficult. In hindsight as well, he probably would have given Asiata a week off as well, he looked very uncomfortable with the neck brace and that Jolliffe try was a matter of him not coming in at full force. If he had his time again, Paix may have come into spell Turpin who was another who couldn't back up their Round 1 effort.

It was a scrappy reality check for the club and they'll need to be leagues better if they even hope to beat the Bulldogs next week.
Copley to right centre and Niu to fullback?

Copley to right centre and Niu to fullback?
It's an option but at this stage I'd like to see Niu find his feet in the centres. If Copley does come in for Niu, I'd like to see Tesi play some QCup and just see how he handles it. If it's still not working, give him a few games at fullback at that level and see how he handles it.

If Isaako is dropped, I'd be looking at Arthars in the short term.

I think dropping Isaako, benching Carrigan and telling Milford he is next if he plays like he did in this game is really all that needs to happen.
Copley’s defensive stats of the last few year have been pretty terrible but his experience next to Coates, and Croft replacing Milford could improve that right side defence. Niu should be a slight improvement on Isaako.

1. Niu
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Coates
6. Croft
7. Dearden

Copley’s defensive stats of the last few year have been pretty terrible but his experience next to Coates, and Croft replacing Milford could improve that right side defence. Niu should be a slight improvement on Isaako.

1. Niu
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Copley
5. Coates
6. Croft
7. Dearden

Totally agree. No option is an answer, it is just looking at the best way to paper over the most fillable of many cracks.

It’s basically trying to make something broken at least look better.

Totally agree. No option is an answer, it is just looking at the best way to paper over the most fillable of many cracks.

It’s basically trying to make something broken at least look better.
I think the expression you’re seeking is “polishing a turd”

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.