Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

What the? Don’t think any injuries forced his hand, surely this can’t be the plan for TPJ?
It's the plan that works best for TPJ.

He gets fatigued after 20mins so the only way to get decent minutes out of him is to keep subbing him on and off... I dont really have an issue with how he is being used and I think he will usually finish games in the 2nd row when Lodge and Haas return.

I have an issue with Carrigan playing too many minutes and Bull & Asiata playing too few. Although Bull got through 30 mins so that's not too bad for him

It can be difficult to get a gauge on proper rotation when you have a 4 forward bench. In a typical 2 middle, 1 2nd row, 1 utility bench the two middles usually get 40mins the 2nd rower gets a token 10-15min and the utility just splits with the hooker.

Our bench basically has 4 middles and only two of our middles played over 50mins (TPJ & Carrigan).

Carrigan dropping 15-20mins a game and Asiata picking up those minutes would benefit us more I think.

If you bring Haas and Lodge in for Kennedy and Teo/Bull... suddenly we have a rotation where Glenn isn't playing 80 (TPJ can play on his edge), Riki can potentially get a break from Bull/Teo, and we get serious quality out of proper usage of Haas, Lodge, Carrigan, TPJ, Flegler, Asiata and Bull/Teo rotating through the middle.

That's a lot of high quality middle forwards that we should be able to rotate well and keep fresh on the field.

The wild card is whether we can get a quality 80mins out of Turpin consistently

Last edited:
That's the first time I've gotten around to watching the presser, and Kev's demeanor is a tad concerning. He was asked the question of whether the job to turn the team around is far bigger than he assumed and he was emphatic in his answer "No", but his body language throughout the whole thing suggests otherwise.

What is absolutely clear from that is Milford and Croft are in the gun. They were the only two he name dropped throughout the whole conference which means he is seeing in them what the rest of us are and you can tell from the tone of his voice that he is just as fed up with it as we are. If either of them give a shit at all, they should be very worried about their immediate futures.
TBH mate.......I've had doubts about his coaching ability even before he got this gig. Like to know what Deardon did so wrong at training that Croft got the go ahead first.....and whilst it somewhat relevant, who gives a **** what he does at training if it can't be replicated to on field performances (re croft)

If training was the only measuring stick....the likes of Wally and Alf would have never gotten a run....

Same as last year. As soon as the going gets tough the players are looking for the exit signs.

I'm not sure the guy who is even knows.
He does, because if he doesn’t, he must be terribly confused by Fox Sports filming him saying ‘let’s do those 1%’ers boys’ or words to that effect.

Unfortunately in our club, holding the ball or tackling effectively, do not appear to be part of the necessary ‘1%’ers’ in rugby league...

TBH mate.......I've had doubts about his coaching ability even before he got this gig. Like to know what Deardon did so wrong at training that Croft got the go ahead first.....and whilst it somewhat relevant, who gives a **** what he does at training if it can't be replicated to on field performances (re croft)

If training was the only measuring stick....the likes of Wally and Alf would have never gotten a run....
I listened to an interview Kevvie did on the radio before our round 1 game and I think he said there was nothing between them and it just came down to Croft’s experience.
It seemed more about shielding Dearden rather than Croft being the better option.

I've just finished a replay of the first half and I must admit the second Titans try, Fifita's first WAS NOT on Milford as I thought. It was entirely on Tesi Niu.

There was very little wrong with a lot of the Broncos game. I can tell you, it was extremely humid within the stadium and I was only disappointed by a very small part of the first half. The guys were trying and I think we still are in for a much better season.

Asiata has a bit to answer for in defence. Leaving Turps to singlehandedly defend the line against a frontrower from a few metres out was pretty ordinary BUT I think he carried an injury into the game.

Now for the second half.

Can't quite recall that one sorry, I'll rewatch the game tomorrow too probably. To be fair the 6 again count was 2-1 or something. Nothing dire imo and I'm sure you blokes weren't near perfect either. I liked the fact most of the game had no 6 agains... even penalties were minimal. Other than that Carrigan dropped ball before your first try, I was happy with the officiating.
Mmmm, I think I counted three '6 again's' for the Titans in the first half alone!

I've just finished a replay of the first half and I must admit the second Titans try, Fifita's first WAS NOT on Milford as I thought. It was entirely on Tesi Niu.

There was very little wrong with a lot of the Broncos game. I can tell you, it was extremely humid within the stadium and I was only disappointed by a very small part of the first half. The guys were trying and I think we still are in for a much better season.

Asiata has a bit to answer for in defence. Leaving Turps to singlehandedly defend the line against a frontrower from a few metres out was pretty ordinary BUT I think he carried an injury into the game.

Now for the second half.
It was primarily on Niu but milf should have done better.

It was on both but also the whole team, why was there so much space out there?
Same as Fifitas second try, milfs attempt was shit but he was so exposed against Fifita any attempt wouldn’t have done shit to stop a try

Same as Fifitas second try, milfs attempt was shit but he was so exposed against Fifita any attempt wouldn’t have done shit to stop a try

It happens everywhere on the field. Like, you see four or five guys scrambling to stop a guy who gets through over on the wing and no one else tries. Next play, those guys who scrambled over things their job is done and just stop. I don't know if it is laziness or fatigue. I suspect fatigue because Kevvie's bench usage is atrocious.

It happens everywhere on the field. Like, you see four or five guys scrambling to stop a guy who gets through over on the wing and no one else tries. Next play, those guys who scrambled over things their job is done and just stop. I don't know if it is laziness or fatigue. I suspect fatigue because Kevvie's bench usage is atrocious.
Why would bench usage impact the guys making a tackle on a winger?

Why would bench usage impact the guys making a tackle on a winger?

Because it isn't just backs that scramble and move around the field / stay on the ground and don't do second / third efforts.

I'm sorry, cannot agree about the second Fifita try. Milford's attempt was simply terrible. If he committed to a shoulder to the thigh and stuck he could have dropped Fifta. There was absolutely no excuse for the attempted tackle and KW quite rightly mentioned it in the press conference.

My bias against Milford made me think he was at fault in Fifitas first try and I was wrong about that and in truth I think Milford did little wrong THAT time but that second half effort, that was atrocious. Milford had a hamstring twinge in the opening minutes of the second half which was largely unnoticed and he needs to be dropped for 'injury' but he needs to be dropped for real.

I don't see much wrong with Crofts game in the first half aside from one of his kicks which hit a player. I know people on here usually watch the game just once and so many are easily misled by the commentary but really, a good silent viewing of the replay the next day would help no end.

I'd encourage anyone to watch a replay without the sound and you'd be amazed to find we weren't that bad. Sure, a few handling errors caused us problems but there's a good team under the hysteria. Stick with them.

I'm sorry, cannot agree about the second Fifita try. Milford's attempt was simply terrible. If he committed to a shoulder to the thigh and stuck he could have dropped Fifta. There was absolutely no excuse for the attempted tackle and KW quite rightly mentioned it in the press conference.

My bias against Milford made me think he was at fault in Fifitas first try and I was wrong about that and in truth I think Milford did little wrong THAT time but that second half effort, that was atrocious. Milford had a hamstring twinge in the opening minutes of the second half which was largely unnoticed and he needs to be dropped for 'injury' but he needs to be dropped for real.

I don't see much wrong with Crofts game in the first half aside from one of his kicks which hit a player. I know people on here usually watch the game just once and so many are easily misled by the commentary but really, a good silent viewing of the replay the next day would help no end.

I'd encourage anyone to watch a replay without the sound and you'd be amazed to find we weren't that bad. Sure, a few handling errors caused us problems but there's a good team under the hysteria. Stick with them.

I agree but disagree to stick with all of them. Wholesale changes aren't needed but some targeted, specific ones are.

I only watched the game once. Fifita has run over a lot bigger players than milf so I don’t think it would have mattered. It still would have been nice to see an attempt that wasn’t so feeble

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • DrGee
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Thelmus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncos Maestro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Wild Horse
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.