10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Robati
17. Bullemor

Isaako showed when he was at fullback that he can at least catch and pass when on the left side, this is something Herbie is showing he isn't good at. His biggest strength is his hard running and work ethic, which is better suited to a wing.

So then try the guy touted for six new year in Staggs first.

It's already been confirmed by Kev that he won't be shifting to 6 this year because of the injury he's coming off. Five-Eighth = a lot more involvements = a lot more situations where you can re-injure yourself. Smart decision to let him sit out in the centres and pick his moments, as we all know, the season's gone anyway. May as well try and put him cotton wool to some extent.

It's already been confirmed by Kev that he won't be shifting to 6 this year because of the injury he's coming off. Five-Eighth = a lot more involvements = a lot more situations where you can re-injure yourself. Smart decision to let him sit out in the centres and pick his moments, as we all know, the season's gone anyway. May as well try and put him cotton wool to some extent.

Yeah I really don't want to throw the kid to the wolves. Finishing the season in reserve grade is not going to cause him any harm whatsoever, in fact it would likely benefit him and us more in the long run. Also, I'd want to make sure he is locked up before debuting him because if he is sensational on debut (which he likely will be), you just know offers are going to come thick and fast.

Yeah I really don't want to throw the kid to the wolves. Finishing the season in reserve grade is not going to cause him any harm whatsoever, in fact it would likely benefit him and us more in the long run. Also, I'd want to make sure he is locked up before debuting him because if he is sensational on debut (which he likely will be), you just know offers are going to come thick and fast.

Alright so now we're playing Croft ahead of more deserving players because we're worried they're going to get offers from other clubs? Come on.. give me a break.

Alright so now we're playing Croft ahead of more deserving players because we're worried they're going to get offers from other clubs? Come on.. give me a break.
It's a valid reason. Most Melbourne players are locked up years before they debut.

Or you could look at the argument and argue that as opposed to whatever this tantrum is.

Our team is not in desperate of young talent, it is in desperate need of consistent mature talent.
Call me immature but any quote les.behan likes I will probably be liking in the future....

It's a valid reason. Most Melbourne players are locked up years before they debut.

How's that working out for us? We didn't debut Sam Walker & Reece Walsh, lost them both anyway. Has nothing to do with them debuting in the NRL and looking good, most teams (apart from us apparently) have people keeping tabs on every young player in, or on the cusp of our system.

Or you could look at the argument and argue that as opposed to whatever this tantrum is.

Tantrum?.. The **** lmao. I literally just took a part of your post and responded to it you clown.

In regards to the other part of your post.. I don't see how keeping someone in Queensland Cup 'because it's better for them to play keep playing Queensland Cup instead of NRL' is a valid point at all. What does that even mean? It's better for his development to keep playing against inferior opponents, instead of getting a small taste of NRL physicality & pressure in a few dead rubbers? Yeah, very hard disagree.

Looks like it's a pointless argument anyway as he's not in the bubble as 1910 said, which I completely for about it.

I'm really just looking for any excuse to never see this Croft bloke in a Broncos jersey ever again, hoping that Kelly is healthy enough to run out there, even if it's on one leg.

How's that working out for us? We didn't debut Sam Walker & Reece Walsh, lost them both anyway. Has nothing to do with them debuting in the NRL and looking good, most teams (apart from us apparently) have people keeping tabs on every young player in, or on the cusp of our system.

Tantrum?.. The **** lmao. I literally just took a part of your post and responded to it you clown.

In regards to the other part of your post.. I don't see how keeping someone in Queensland Cup 'because it's better for them to play keep playing Queensland Cup instead of NRL' is a valid point at all. What does that even mean? It's better for his development to keep playing against inferior opponents, instead of getting a small taste of NRL physicality & pressure in a few dead rubbers? Yeah, very hard disagree.

Looks like it's a pointless argument anyway as he's not in the bubble as 1910 said, which I completely for about it.

I'm really just looking for any excuse to never see this Croft bloke in a Broncos jersey ever again, hoping that Kelly is healthy enough to run out there, even if it's on one leg.
I definitely hope Croft is dropped for basically anyone, hopefully Kelly. I do think it is better for the overall development to have an extended run in lower grade first; though a 1 or 2 game taste for the kid as a reward toward the end of the season won’t hurt. Maybe even just a short stint off the bench. Bigger picture though I’d rather he continue to gain experience in the lower grades and further work on his game, as this season is just damage control at NRL level and I think having a fresh start next year when Reynolds and Capewell are in will be better for him.

Even if Mam doesn’t get a run next year, I’m wrapped that he’ll have Adam Reynolds at the club giving him pointers in the off season.

Unless you're the Sydney Roosters you can't play 17 year olds.

When were they supposed to play Reece Walsh? His arm was in a sling for the majority of 2020.

I never said we should have debuted them, good lord, please read the post. I'm simply saying that our talented kids aren't safe because they haven't debuted yet, which is what was implied earlier.

I never said we should have debuted them, good lord, please read the post. I'm simply saying that our talented kids aren't safe because they haven't debuted yet, which is what was implied earlier.
No but this isn't the first time you've tried to use this against the club when there is a reasonable explanation behind it.

Also in light of the Blake Mozer discussion I should point out that Walker was 16 years old when he signed with the Roosters.

No but this isn't the first time you've tried to use this against the club when there is a reasonable explanation behind it.

Oh yeah? Would love to see any proof of that. At no stage have I criticised the club for 'not debuting' either of Walker or Walsh. In fact, I believe I criticised the club for thinking about debuting Walsh last season about a week after his 18th birthday.

Surely we're not at the point where it's fine to just flat out lie..

Oh yeah? Would love to see any proof of that. At no stage have I criticised the club for 'not debuting' either of Walker or Walsh. In fact, I believe I criticised the club for thinking about debuting Walsh last season about a week after his 18th birthday.

Surely we're not at the point where it's fine to just flat out lie..
No but you've used how they were handled against the club in the past.

I'm just setting the record straight.

I fail to see how it's relevant to the discussion. Walker and Walsh signed on before they had even entered the Queensland Cup system they were never in Ezra's position.

Sproj could have worded his thoughts better but his argument is that the Broncos should progress Mam's career naturally. He's on a rookie contract now and ineligible for NRL, next year it's a developmental deal and when he's ready for an NRL contract the Broncos could receive a dispensation.

No but you've used how they were handled against the club in the past.

I'm just setting the record straight.

I fail to see how it's relevant to the discussion. Walker and Walsh signed on before they had even entered the Queensland Cup system they were never in Ezra's position.

Sproj could have worded his thoughts better but his argument is that the Broncos should progress Mam's career naturally. He's on a rookie contract now and ineligible for NRL, next year it's a developmental deal and when he's ready for an NRL contract the Broncos could receive a dispensation.

"Setting the record straight" by completely going off-topic on some tangent that has no relevance to the discussion at all. Weird, weird stuff that I wouldn't expect from you BP. The sole reason I brought up Walker & Walsh was in response to the claim that we shouldn't be blooding talented juniors because that may lead to them receiving big offers from other clubs, which is obviously ludicrous.

As you said, Mam isn't even comparable to those two; every single club would have Queensland Cup spies, it's not like Mam is some top secret player that we have to keep under wraps at all costs.

I'm not totally buying in to the sentiment that it's in the best interest of club OR player to 'let their career progress naturally'. Were you vehemently against the idea of debuting Cobbo this year? The kid was 18 years old and had 6 Queensland Cup games under his belt when he debuted, and he was hardly setting the world on fire in QCUP. Is that a natural career trajectory? Did it hurt Cobbo's career or the Broncos in any way? No, in fact it helped both parties, it got Cobbo a contract extension at the club and it showed us that he's already got the skill & physicality required to play a part at the NRL level when the time comes.

"Setting the record straight" by completely going off-topic on some tangent that has no relevance to the discussion at all. Weird, weird stuff that I wouldn't expect from you BP. The sole reason I brought up Walker & Walsh was in response to the claim that we shouldn't be blooding talented juniors because that may lead to them receiving big offers from other clubs, which is obviously ludicrous.

As you said, Mam isn't even comparable to those two; every single club would have Queensland Cup spies, it's not like Mam is some top secret player that we have to keep under wraps at all costs.

I'm not totally buying in to the sentiment that it's in the best interest of club OR player to 'let their career progress naturally'. Were you vehemently against the idea of debuting Cobbo this year? The kid just turned 19 years old and had 6 Queensland Cup games under his belt when he debuted, and he was hardly setting the world on fire in QCUP. Is that a natural career trajectory? Did it hurt Cobbo's career or the Broncos in any way? No, in fact it helped both parties, it got Cobbo a contract extension at the club and it showed us that he's already got the skill & physicality required to play a part at the NRL level when the time comes.
It was poorly worded by Sproj but it's pretty silly to take him to task over it and then bring up two players who hadn't played much footy since they were 17 before they were poached.

You'll find that Cobbo would have already signed with the club before he was blooded and that was just an added incentive, the same could be said of TC Robati. Both are further along in their careers than Mam and one would argue that in fact it wasn't a good decision to blood Selwyn given how it ended up for him. I think he would be a lot more useful plying his trade in the Queensland Cup than shaking up that shoulder to the head from Latrell.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.