[Round 20, 2021] Broncos vs Cowboys

What pressure? Bull is never talked about in the media, he is a bench forward for the wooden spooners, and a team that has several players the media love talking about. Or does he keep getting dropped to keep pressure off him?

Unfortunately, I think your hope is misplaced.
I mean if he says Bullemor was really great suddenly we start getting articles and media talking about him. But yeah it is probably the latter anyway. It sucks because I love him as a player

1. Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Isaako
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Kelly
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Robati
17. Bullemor

Isaako showed when he was at fullback that he can at least catch and pass when on the left side, this is something Herbie is showing he isn't good at. His biggest strength is his hard running and work ethic, which is better suited to a wing.
Issako played abit of his under 20s in the centres and played 6 for junior kiwis so he's got it in his game.

I'd make further changes, but he won't be dropping Glenn. Kevvie praising every forward in the presser apart from Bullemor concerns me, he could get dropped.
I doubt it but I did notice he has put on some considerable muscle, maybe that's the reason for him not being played.

Xavier Willison might get his debut this week.

Xavier Willison might get his debut this week.

I would be shocked if that happened, as good as he was last year in Alf and been slowly building in ISC this year. He's only played off the bench in ISC. He hasn't played now in six weeks.

Throwing these guys debuts now when they haven't played in so long would be very harsh. I think the Broncos need to persist with the guys that have been playing.

I would be shocked if that happened, as good as he was last year in Alf and been slowly building in ISC this year. He's only played off the bench in ISC. He hasn't played now in six weeks.

Throwing these guys debuts now when they haven't played in so long would be very harsh. I think the Broncos need to persist with the guys that have been playing.
I think he'll be the reserve.

I think he'll be the reserve.

I just think with young guys not having played giving them debuts now is a bit unfair. I would be avoiding it unless injuries dictate that you need to but if it's just rearranging the furniture I wouldn't be running them.

His defence has been strong off the bench but his attack hasn't certainly demanded selection.

I just think with young guys not having played giving them debuts now is a bit unfair. I would be avoiding it unless injuries dictate that you need to but if it's just rearranging the furniture I wouldn't be running them.

His defence has been strong off the bench but his attack hasn't certainly demanded selection.
I'm not basing this on anything he's done in the ISC. I'm basing it on him being named in the extended reserves for the last few weeks.

Issako played abit of his under 20s in the centres and played 6 for junior kiwis so he's got it in his game.
It's impossible to convince most on here that there's still a good footballer in Isaako.In the past I've suggested Isaako might be better off in the thick of things at 5/8. That was not well received 😂
I think Isaako is the perfect build for a modern 5/8. Strong enough to be as least as effective as most modern 5/8s, fast off the mark, light on his feet, good hands and good passing skills. I have no doubt he could also kick any sort of kick required. Bombs of all kinds, grubbers, whatever you'd ask for as coach I am sure Isaako could kick.

Of course we will now hear from the intellectual giants about how his kicks would all go out on the full yada yada yada

It's impossible to convince most on here that there's still a good footballer in Isaako.In the past I've suggested Isaako might be better off in the thick of things at 5/8. That was not well received 😂
I think Isaako is the perfect build for a modern 5/8. Strong enough to be as least as effective as most modern 5/8s, fast off the mark, light on his feet, good hands and good passing skills. I have no doubt he could also kick any sort of kick required. Bombs of all kinds, grubbers, whatever you'd ask for as coach I am sure Isaako could kick.

Of course we will now hear from the intellectual giants about how his kicks would all go out on the full yada yada yada
Does he have the vision though to be successful at 5/8th?

You're right, he is the perfect build however he's just not smart enough.

After what you've seen of him this year would you seriously trust him to select run/kick/pass at the right time?

You're right, he is the perfect build however he's just not smart enough.

After what you've seen of him this year would you seriously trust him to select run/kick/pass at the right time?
I'm not disagreeing with you here but I've seen what's been dished up by our visionary 5/8ths thus far. My take is that I believe Isaako could match that but he also an extra dimension the others lack. He has much greater ability to break tackles, scythe through, step and swerve than all the rest combined. In my mind I see Isaako shovelling the ball out, regulation style but every now and then suddenly exploding right through the defence.

It's okay though if you can't imagine the same thing but if I were coach I'd sit down with Isaako and see if he'd like to get more involved in playmaking. I just think we might not realise we've got a diamond in the muck.

I'm not disagreeing with you here but I've seen what's been dished up by our visionary 5/8ths thus far. My take is that I believe Isaako could match that but he also an extra dimension the others lack. He has much greater ability to break tackles, scythe through, step and swerve than all the rest combined. In my mind I see Isaako shovelling the ball out, regulation style but every now and then suddenly exploding right through the defence.

It's okay though if you can't imagine the same thing but if I were coach I'd sit down with Isaako and see if he'd like to get more involved in playmaking. I just think we might not realise we've got a diamond in the muck.
Agreed about our current 5/8ths this year. It's a low bar for sure.

Maybe I'm still burnt from Hoffman playing #6 for a fair whack of a season when he obviously was a winger 😂😂

Agreed about our current 5/8ths this year. It's a low bar for sure.

Maybe I'm still burnt from Hoffman playing #6 for a fair whack of a season when he obviously was a winger 😂😂
Could be. I cannot help thinking that due to many posters dislike of Isaako it blocks them from dispassionately viewing a new suggestion. We have absolutely nothing to lose by experimenting and I believe Isaako could do a pretty darn good job at 5/8. If nothing else it could simply be viewed as yet ANOTHER experiment in a season of experimentation .

My bet is a lot would be very surprised at how much potential there is in such a bold move. Yes, I'm ready for the flak.

Could be. I cannot help thinking that due to many posters dislike of Isaako it blocks them from dispassionately viewing a new suggestion. We have absolutely nothing to lose by experimenting and I believe Isaako could do a pretty darn good job at 5/8. If nothing else it could simply be viewed as yet ANOTHER experiment in a season of experimentation .

My bet is a lot would be very surprised at how much potential there is in such a bold move. Yes, I'm ready for the flak.
You don't come to the NRL to learn literally from scratch how to play any of the critical spine positions, the Halves least of all.

It's a terrible idea to think you can manufacture a 5/8 out of an Outside Back. It almost never works out long term with only a very small number of exceptions where that wasn't the case.

To reinforce that this isn't a bias against Isaako specifically, I also think it's a very, very bizarre plan to think it'll work with Staggs and I simply think it's probably even less likely to work out with Isaako.

Get guys in these key roles who know their job and can do it naturally then let the guys who need to learn and develop play less complex positions that don't put them under constant pressure every single set.

I know it may be hard for some to comprehend but talented footballers can play a few positions at a pinch even past your 20's.

If you're a speedy half with good hand eye coordination, you can play fullback and hooker as well. Or vice versa.
It's what suits the team that is most important, look at what Bellamy did to C. Smith, Croft, Inglis and is now doing to B .Smith, Hughes, Munster.

I look at the way issako plays and he plays similar to a touch player in attack and i think that's how league is in NZ juniors with alot of the backs, they can all cover multiple positions.
He won sharks under 20s player of the year at centre, fullback of the year in ISC, played 6 for junior kiwis he's got plenty of talent.
I've heard flannogan mention about his kicking in commentary (after he put one out on the full) that when he had him at the sharks he's got one of the best boots he'd seen he just doesn't have the accuracy which with plenty of training could be sorted out.
You only have to look at Jarome Hughes to see what you can do with Issako.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  • HVbronco
  • Pablo
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.