POST GAME [Round 20, 2021] Broncos vs Cowboys

I noticed something last night when Herbie stripped the ball from Dearden towards the end of the game. He had to run further than all the other chasers, got there quickest, stripped the ball and offloaded to Niu, then immediately began trailing the play until Niu was tackled.

The only other player I can even imagine doing something like that is Tommy Turbo. I'm not sure if the guy loves supporting or just loves running either way it would be interesting to see him at fullback.

I just realised why our forwards were so good last night- Flegler was not there!😂😂

Also saw replay of Gamble’s field goal-Croft looked like someone snatched the cookies away from him! Good thing too as Croft probably would have missed it even if it was 2 metres in front!

Kennedy did his best to cover for Flegler by giving away two dumb penalties to relieve the Cowboys of pressure and give them a sniff.

It was slightly different because there was no separation in Turpin's attempt. However since Opacic pushed the ball towards the in-goal while Turpin was in the process of grounding it the video referee ruled it a no try.

It was a tough call against the Broncos. I don't remember if Annesley covered it or not.

It was the wrong call. Even if pressure is being exerted in another direction by an opposition player, all it needs is downward pressure by the attacker. Doesn't say how much. Simply the act of touching it + gravity exerts downward pressure. 100% robbed.

And the fact that the media were dead silent on it while Feldt is being held up as some kind of victim is what tells me there is a clear and deliberate agenda out there.

i honestly dont think Payten will make it as an nrl coach.

he constantly seems to shit talk his own players. more so then most coaches. i think eventually players will just stop wanting to put in for him if they have not already

even games when they win i hear him talk and he always seems to follow a compliment up with a put down. sometimes coaches just need to be more like wayne and bellamy and say very little when it comes to there own players
I think his man management is horrendous... can recall when he was interim coach for the warriors that he said it was a realisation to him that talking and getting to know his players was a positive to the squad and it was something that he hadn't realised before.

I also recall warriors copping a few floggings when he first took over before something clicked and they got on a bit of a roll... I'd say that it was probably more about RTS and their leadership group pulling the group together rather than some miracle coaching from Payten.

you know, something occurred to me after this win (and i could be off track here) ... but it seems to me that the team play far better when Kevvie is sitting on the sideline instead of in the coaches box.

maybe they find it hard to look at him when the don't put in 110%

I genuinely don’t know what position he fits on the field. Fullback? Even then, he’s a reserve grader at best at present, I suspect he might even struggle to hold a position there.
I think he could make a go of it at hooker.

Tackling is solid and he's a tough little competitor.

Ultimately I'm still not seeing what all the good judges saw to have such high hopes for him... I see some glimpses, but have yet to see a complete game from him.

I think he could make a go of it at hooker.

Tackling is solid and he's a tough little competitor.

Ultimately I'm still not seeing what all the good judges saw to have such high hopes for him... I see some glimpses, but have yet to see a complete game from him.

I'd say not even a complete 20 minutes yet.

What a likeable young man, he had a good stint also. Made his tackles and wasn't scared to hit it up. Hopefully He does indeed love the Broncos, looking forward to his development.

There's no doubt Kevvie is doing the right things, I don't need to see us winning every week to see it, I see our younger players getting better and better.

Only the good coaches do that

Kennedy did his best to cover for Flegler by giving away two dumb penalties to relieve the Cowboys of pressure and give them a sniff.
You're kind of right. One of those penalties was correct but the first one wasn't really Kennedy. His arm appeared right in the vicinty of the head but a half second before Bullemore's arm catches him on the chin and slips down. On first look it appears as though Kennedy's arm caught him high but Bull's got there first rocking Robson's head back.

There's no doubt Kevvie is doing the right things, I don't need to see us winning every week to see it, I see our younger players getting better and better.

Only the good coaches do that

100% this. Everyone in the team is playing better than they ever have, including Haas. With very few exceptions.

That's coaching.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.