vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be expecting Reyno to sit out this game, I bought tickets. Only match where I bought tickets and Reyno did play was the Raiders game, see what happened there.

I also got tickets for the Knights and Storm game.

Sorry guys.

I understand Perreria has Covid and thus has to isolate and miss out.

However, maybe theres more to it than that; is Kev watching what the Tigers did on 6/4 splits in attack on the oppo 10 metre line?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We also like to use a defensive shape similar to the Cowboys; good line speed and jam in.

The key to this switch seems to be Hastings at first receiver. 2 line runners inside and outside of him and passes into shape on his outside.

Makes me wonder what Mariners like defensively..?

I understand Perreria has Covid and thus has to isolate and miss out.

However, maybe theres more to it than that; is Kev watching what the Tigers did on 6/4 splits in attack on the oppo 10 metre line?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We also like to use a defensive shape similar to the Cowboys; good line speed and jam in.

The key to this switch seems to be Hastings at first receiver. 2 line runners inside and outside of him and passes into shape on his outside.

Makes me wonder what Mariners like defensively..?
Assistant coach Reynolds will be all over that.

yeh, on paper how the Tigers have set out their spine lately is definately producing results.

Doeihi is slowly getting his match fitness up, see here what he did in the dying seconds against Dearden.

giphy.gif

Deardens not got his hips set, still sliding away from him.

Will he do something similar against Mam?

Can he do something similar might be the better question?
Does Mam play that side of the field? I would imagine Tesi could also pull this off, but it requires a good bit of speed in the support runner, or a good ball right after getting through the line.

I would really love to see our halves popping up all over the field, but so far Mam has been left side, no?

Does Mam play that side of the field? I would imagine Tesi could also pull this off, but it requires a good bit of speed in the support runner, or a good ball right after getting through the line.

I would really love to see our halves popping up all over the field, but so far Mam has been left side, no?
From what i can recall Mam defends on the left edge.

Mam is very much a left sided half, TMM and now Niu basically do his job on the right on a setplay.

Probably to keep his role simple.

If Reynolds has that same shitty flu, I honestly can't imagine he'll be back in a week, it's an absolute bitch of a flu but I if he got it a few days ago and has just tested positive, then it would give him almost 2 weeks until the next game so he probably has a good chance but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses 2 games.

That being said, good chance for his ribs to heal further.

I remember Hodges playing a game with the flu. His eyes were red raw.

What about his defence though? We seem ok in our attack, but it's our new attitude in defence which has had the biggest impact this year.

He is aggressive and gets up, doesn’t always lead to great technique but he won’t be passive. Loves monstering guys.

Dazza 92 should be asst. coach. Somebody should let Bennett know about BHQ's resident genius.
Actually....you reminded me of something...

That 1 year extension to Kev before the season started.....genius move.

Gave Kev the space he needed to really impart his philosophies onto the playing group.

Made the roster realise he wasnt going anywhere.

And of course theres that level of respect between him and his captain that great halves share.

Not really mentioned often that one...but yet another smart piece of business from our front office...

Actually....you reminded me of something...

That 1 year extension to Kev before the season started.....genius move.

Gave Kev the space he needed to really impart his philosophies onto the playing group.

Made the roster realise he wasnt going anywhere.

And of course theres that level of respect between him and his captain that great halves share.

Not really mentioned often that one...but yet another smart piece of business from our front office...
Yep. After this season they should give kevy a multi year deal. 2 or 3 years I would say. Love kevy, I think he does a good job of taking none of the credit and passes it all into Reynolds and capewell. Makes them feel 10 ft tall as leaders.

Yep. After this season they should give kevy a multi year deal. 2 or 3 years I would say. Love kevy, I think he does a good job of taking none of the credit and passes it all into Reynolds and capewell. Makes them feel 10 ft tall as leaders.
I agree. I would typically be reluctant for long term contracts because of laziness creeping in, but Kevvie is like Ricky Stuart in his conviction to the club. He will give it everything and just needs the players to buy in. It obviously hurts Kevvie when the club isn't going well, and he takes it on himself, that attitude isn't something you want to lose, but risk losing because he would stand himself down if he feels he might be to blame.

He actually said that ‘Tesi has his nose in front at the moment’ when discussing the fullback spot between Tesi and TMM.
@Fitzy ...
Get it through my skull ? Wasn`t that your advice last week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • lynx000
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.