PRE-GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's just a rolled ankle, a couple of days rest he'll be fine.

Highly doubtful he'll play though.

What’s our record losing streak?

Rugby League fandom really is toxic when we've got fans criticising Payne Haas. Just incredible reading really.
Well when you have 2 modes of operation. 1 that is mediocre for your club and another that is far superior in a rep team supporters have a right to feel disgruntled. Holding back ?

The flaws in his play were brutally exposed last night. Exactly what's gone wrong from him all year, albeit fewer attempts to push passes. We saw how high quality opposition can take him out of the game. We saw how he plays so hard he burns himself out and this can cost his team in defence. He can't sustain this effort for 80 minutes. No one can.

On the flipside, we still go better with Walsh at 1. He's still our ace.

He looks like he needs coaching, yet he's had some of the best in the history of the game at his disposal.
"No one can" 'cept a juiced up fullback. It's the only possible.

Only thing I'd criticize about Haas is that he's not worth what we're paying him from a moneyball perspective.

You can never extract that much value out of a forward.
You can’t play moneyball in a 17, soon to be 18, club comp (unless ur the chooks who manage to get a star studded 17 without bringing through many jrs, weird). There’s also an extreme dearth of top quality props - Payne isn’t the only middle on a mil+

I give no ***** about last night. I mean I yelled and screamed and wanted QLD to win. But the day after origin win or lose doesn't affect me like a Bronx loss (or win).

Origin feels more like a spectacle to make $$ and that's it.

Give me a 2023 Bronx season any day. Despite the last game, what a fucken ride as a supporter.

Honestly, I will be stunned if any of the origin boys back up this week. Literally stunned.

-Carrigan with a rolled ankle after playing 80 minutes in the middle @ origin making 58 Tackles!!! Impossible to back up.

-Cobbo was literally bashed last night, thrashed and rag dolled on numerous occasions. If he backs up, it certainly wont be at FB which will mean Sailor will still be dropping 2-3 balls this game.

-Walsh Absolutely hammered numerous times without the ball, had ice on his shoulder, foot, hip at the end of the game. No chance

Haas - Played 56 minutes in the middle. Probably our most likely person to back up and play off the bench. Lets not forget he had knee surgery earlier in the year and will probably be sore after such big minutes in the middle.

I think if we play the way we did in the last 30 of last week we can beat the knights. I can just see the likes of Ponga, fresh as a daisy ripping us to shreds off the back of another error filled Sailor performance.

These origin blokes cant and shouldnt be in the frame to back up on Saturday afternoon!

Yeah, I'd say only Haas is a chance of backing up.

Could be a double-edged sword if Reynolds plays - he might be rusty, and in a depleted team that could be costly. Or he game manages us to a win. Fucked if I know.

But Broncos by thirty still, I reckon.

If Reyno plays and actually plays the full 80, I reckon we get it done regardless of who backs up. If he doesn't and the origin guys are out, season is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.