PRE-GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are spot on and too kind

He doesn’t understand what the sideline is and he has butter fingers, he should be let go

I dont think i'd go so far as to say we should let him go, but i'm not convinced he's worth as much as he's likely to get from us.

They need to protect Carrigan now. He's carried the Broncos this year, He's carried the Queensland pack as well. If he backs up they risk burning him out. We should probably give him 3 or 4 days off and tell him to go and have a break from footy. Refresh mentally and physically.
The questions are there that is for sure. He’s still young though so hopefully these things improve for him. It should be affecting our contract offers to him that’s for sure.

We are only asking for trouble playing Cobbo at fullback this game. I dont think he has ever backed up from an origin game before. He is normally the worst on the field when backing up.
Needling a groin injury as well.

Surely Carrigan is no chance, and Walsh sounds pretty banged up too.

They need to protect Carrigan now. He's carried the Broncos this year, He's carried the Queensland pack as well. If he backs up they risk burning him out. We should probably give him 3 or 4 days off and tell him to go and have a break from footy. Refresh mentally and physically.
100% he took less money to stay with us. Look after him. Reece looks banged up. Cobbo doesn't recover well from origin, so I'd put Arthur's at fullback. Hass should be good to go, but he's no leader in a forward pack.

I thought the season was done a few games back. No point in risking them. Lot's of big decisions for kevie, DD, and the recruitment, retention department.

A very disappointing season.

Probably get a lot of stick for saying this, but i do wonder if Cobbo is mentally strong enough in football terms ( not in a mental illness kind of way because i think thats a different thing ) to make it to the very top. I've seen him dig deep and take it to the opposition at times, but then others he just seems to crumble.
I think if he’s still like that by 25 then he won’t ever get it, but he has enough talent to give him the time he needs to properly mature.

100% he took less money to stay with us. Look after him. Reece looks banged up. Cobbo doesn't recover well from origin, so I'd put Arthur's at fullback. Hass should be good to go, but he's no leader in a forward pack.

I thought the season was done a few games back. No point in risking them. Lot's of big decisions for kevie, DD, and the recruitment, retention department.

A very disappointing season.
The season doesn't have to be over yet.

The Roosters were in 13th place in Round 19 last year. They finished 7th, and made it through to the second week of the finals.

We don’t deserve to play them.

Yes we’ve had injuries and origin but we have also shat the bed on games we should have won.

At what point does this team grow a footy brain?
Very clear that this team has some growing up to do. Luckily we’re still very young and have time.

We said the same In 2016.

Half the team is more interested in being thirst traps for lonely milfs

Probably get a lot of stick for saying this, but i do wonder if Cobbo is mentally strong enough in football terms ( not in a mental illness kind of way because i think thats a different thing ) to make it to the very top. I've seen him dig deep and take it to the opposition at times, but then others he just seems to crumble.
I think he's still been struggling since he got knocked out in that origin decider.

I wouldn't mind going back and watching a game when he was full of confidence prior to that head knock... like maybe the knights game where he completely owned Best.

I don't think getting selected for origin has been good for him this year, but he made it almost impossible for Billy to not pick him based on his form to start the year.

I think had he not been selected he could've been having consistent football at broncos week after week... although even then he's been chopped and changed around because of the injuries, having to move between centre, wing and fullback week to week.

I'm hoping he just needs some consistency week in week out and it will bring back his confidence and see him return to that trajectory he was on originally.

At the moment he's trying to learn how to play centre, but gets picked to play wing in origin... has to drop back to fullback if Walsh gets injured or because Sailor has been garbage... or shift to wing for a game or two because we have no one else.

I don't think he is experienced enough to know how to play 3 different positions in any given week... and potentially on either side of the field.

Let him master his best position of left centre before thinking he has automatically mastered every other position in the back 5.

We said the same In 2016.

Half the team is more interested in being thirst traps for lonely milfs
Where did the milf line come from? Did I miss something?

Where did the milf line come from? Did I miss something?
Dial 0800 LONELY

Screenc5a41053dfffa644d7d4c8b61ff73ae6

May or may not have been based on my wife and 20 year old daughter only wanting to know the names of the hot players last night.

Including the dirty blue players, Cam Murray really?

We don’t deserve to play them.

Yes we’ve had injuries and origin but we have also shat the bed on games we should have won.

At what point does this team grow a footy brain?

If we turn it around from here and go on a run, would we still not deserve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.