PRE-GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Ballin this week say Reyno was only named due to shortage of numbers and he is still 2 weeks off?

Or have I missed something new?

Didn't Ballin this week say Reyno was only named due to shortage of numbers and he is still 2 weeks off?

If thats the case, what about last week when we named 20 instead of 22

Wouldn’t trust anything you hear, the relationship between clubland & the media is toxic AF.

I can understand resting Carrigan, given our status on the ladder and what is at stake the rest should play. It’s not ideal but neither is the position we find ourselves in.

Time for Payne & Walsh to bite down on the mouthguard.

No reason Cobbo shouldn’t play, 4 tackles, 13 runs & 90 RM - not the best nor worst game but that’s not stopping him from backing up.

Wouldn’t trust anything you hear, the relationship between clubland & the media is toxic AF.

I can understand resting Carrigan, given our status on the ladder and what is at stake the rest should play. It’s not ideal but neither is the position we find ourselves in.

No reason Cobbo shouldn’t play, 4 tackles, 13 runs & 90 RM - not the best nor worst game but that’s not stopping him from backing up.
But the media own the club. Go figure....

Every time cobbo backs up he’s an absolute plodder.

Cobbo and Haas expected to back up but Carrigan and Walsh probably cooked.

Thoughts on the makeup of the team if Carrigan & Walsh don't back up?

21. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
23. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Smoothy
17. Taupau
18. Semu/24. Reynolds

16. Karapani

They need to protect Carrigan now. He's carried the Broncos this year, He's carried the Queensland pack as well. If he backs up they risk burning him out. We should probably give him 3 or 4 days off and tell him to go and have a break from footy. Refresh mentally and physically.

If Carrigan and Walsh are out which is fair enough, I agree that you cannot play Sailor again.

I'd go:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds/Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Haas
16. Taupau
17. Smoothy

Also agree that Karapani is a wasted bench spot.

We are only asking for trouble playing Cobbo at fullback this game. I dont think he has ever backed up from an origin game before. He is normally the worst on the field when backing up.

We are only asking for trouble playing Cobbo at fullback this game. I dont think he has ever backed up from an origin game before. He is normally the worst on the field when backing up.

Still not going to be worse than Sailor.

Probably get a lot of stick for saying this, but i do wonder if Cobbo is mentally strong enough in football terms ( not in a mental illness kind of way because i think thats a different thing ) to make it to the very top. I've seen him dig deep and take it to the opposition at times, but then others he just seems to crumble.

Probably get a lot of stick for saying this, but i do wonder if Cobbo is mentally strong enough in football terms ( not in a mental illness kind of way because i think thats a different thing ) to make it to the very top. I've seen him dig deep and take it to the opposition at times, but then others he just seems to crumble.
You are spot on and too kind

He doesn’t understand what the sideline is and he has butter fingers, he should be let go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pagey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Spooky1013
  • teampjta
  • broncsgoat
  • RolledOates
  • Strop
  • Big Del
  • Howie
  • Brocko
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.