PRE-GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Kobe bringing that Smoothy isn't?

At this point, once again you're asking stupid questions to get a reaction so I'm not going to dignify it with an explanation. I will, however, call out how stupid the question is by simply "no".

At this point, once again you're asking stupid questions to get a reaction so I'm not going to dignify it with an explanation. I will, however, call out how stupid the question is by simply "no".
You shouldn't have bothered replying if all you have is bluster.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 07 14 at 11 32 56 Broncos v Dragons   Round 19 2024   Match Centre NRLcom

ScreenScreenshot 2024 07 14 at 11 35 41 Broncos v Dragons   Round 19 2024   Match Centre NRLcom

I always fly up for the cowboys away game but I booked this game for a long weekend in the hunter and it’s looking a bit grim.

I’ll echo most peoples views, Cobbo/Haas/Carrigan & Walsh better be playing unless picking up injuries in Origin.

For such a pissweak season they need to show some balls with what’s left of it.

Only player that should be inline for a rest is Cobbo and only because it's known that he struggles to back up at the best of times... Oates has been solid enough that we can continue with Mariner in the centres and Oates on the wing to cover.

Everyone else has to back up though... they can blame themselves for the position that they're in because of the garbage performances that they've thrown up during the origin series.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Ezra
7. Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Kobe
16. Willison
17. Taupau

Kobe is on thin ice, but we need him as second row cover so he keeps his spot. A prop rotation of Jensen, Haas, Willison and Taupau feels like the first time that we can go into a game with serious size in the middle to try and roll an opponent.

Key thing is Kevvie has to fucking use his bench... with three middle forwards on the bench he needs to keep them rotating to keep them fresh and try and get some fucking momentum in the middle for once this year.

What is Kobe bringing that Smoothy isn't?
Smoothy looked reasonably comfortable ball playing at lock last night... far better than I've seen from Kobe, but I think he lacks size and impact... we also lose any possibility of having second row cover, which would mean Patty becomes the second row cover and we just can't afford that at the moment.

Smoothy looked reasonably comfortable ball playing at lock last night... far better than I've seen from Kobe, but I think he lacks size and impact... we also lose any possibility of having second row cover, which would mean Patty becomes the second row cover and we just can't afford that at the moment.
Smoothy is just a good football player. He's developed into a great player this season I reckon.

Ugh. Kobe I used to love you. Now I know you're a Trump supporter. Your form is not good enough for me to push past it.

You're dead to me.

Smoothy is just a good football player. He's developed into a great player this season I reckon.
Once you start talking second row, you can immediately see the squad just isn't balanced. I don't know what Kobe brings to the side anymore. Used to be a hard hitting big motor, but I'm not sure that's still the case. Smoothy offers more in attack, that's for sure. His defence is pretty good, but he doesn't have the impact we've seen from Kobe in previous years. But, neither does Kobe sadly.

Once you start talking second row, you can immediately see the squad just isn't balanced. I don't know what Kobe brings to the side anymore. Used to be a hard hitting big motor, but I'm not sure that's still the case. Smoothy offers more in attack, that's for sure. His defence is pretty good, but he doesn't have the impact we've seen from Kobe in previous years. But, neither does Kobe sadly.
I would be tempted to see Smoothy on the bench over Kobe, but only if they go with Taupau and Willison as the other two on the bench. We will need size in the middle if you're picking Smoothy to fill in at lock for Patty.

If Smoothy can fill a decent role at lock, then you can have some flexibility to play Patty at prop... and potentially not have as many concerns if Patty has to move to second row

The sign of a coach on their last legs is one who refuses to make necessary changes.
Injuries or not you can’t just keep doing the same thing over and over again and hope something will magically change.
Our defence is woeful, piakura missed 8 tackles last night, walters and maam 6 a piece
This is miles off first grade standard. He needs to make some changes, even if it’s just for the principal.
Don’t understand why people are afraid to make changes, we a basically the worst team in the comp right now. How could it be worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.