PRE-GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sign of a coach on their last legs is one who refuses to make necessary changes.
Injuries or not you can’t just keep doing the same thing over and over again and hope something will magically change.
Our defence is woeful, piakura missed 8 tackles last night, walters and maam 6 a piece
This is miles off first grade standard. He needs to make some changes, even if it’s just for the principal.
Don’t understand why people are afraid to make changes, we a basically the worst team in the comp right now. How could it be worse?

Easy to say but who are you replacing these guys with?

The good thing is the Knights are playing as bad as us. We’re due a win but will need the boys to back up to be a chance Id reckon.

Hopefully Ponga, Gagai and Best struggle to back up... Newcastle have no centres left looking at today.

Best coming into origin camp with a hammy issue and Gagai will most likely get through a ton of work for Qld.

Ponga I'm not sure, but backing up from his foot injury they might be cautious.

Of course Walsh is no guarantee with NSW most likely trying to take his head off again.

Only player that should be inline for a rest is Cobbo and only because it's known that he struggles to back up at the best of times... Oates has been solid enough that we can continue with Mariner in the centres and Oates on the wing to cover.

Everyone else has to back up though... they can blame themselves for the position that they're in because of the garbage performances that they've thrown up during the origin series.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Ezra
7. Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Kobe
16. Willison
17. Taupau

Kobe is on thin ice, but we need him as second row cover so he keeps his spot. A prop rotation of Jensen, Haas, Willison and Taupau feels like the first time that we can go into a game with serious size in the middle to try and roll an opponent.

Key thing is Kevvie has to fucking use his bench... with three middle forwards on the bench he needs to keep them rotating to keep them fresh and try and get some fucking momentum in the middle for once this year.

Haas and Carrigan will both play at least 55+ minutes straight and you’ll like it

Our defence is woeful, piakura missed 8 tackles last night, walters and maam 6 a piece
Did you appreciate the type of tackles Ezra made/attempted? Nearly always first on the scene in kick chases, and chasing down line breaks. That kind of effort doesn't show up in stats.

Easy to say but who are you replacing these guys with?
I’m not a first grade coach
I don’t have the answers
But I’ve been watching rugby league for 30 years and I can tell something is wrong
Changing nothing certainly won’t fix it

Just i dunno, play with some fucking heart

I’m not a first grade coach
I don’t have the answers
But I’ve been watching rugby league for 30 years and I can tell something is wrong
Changing nothing certainly won’t fix it

And so you literally have three players not in the team available this week:

Leota
Semu
Paix

Which of those are coming in to make a huge difference?

And so you literally have three players not in the team available this week:

Leota
Semu
Paix

Which of those are coming in to make a huge difference?
I’m not the one that mismanaged our roster
But how could we be worse?

I’m not the one that mismanaged our roster
But how could we be worse?

How is a massive injury list mismanagement? I’m all for a good rant but it’s ok to admit you don’t know what you are talking about sometimes

injuries have not helped this year
We were never going to win the comp with all this bad luck but we should not be 13th
Losers make excuses and it seems that’s all our side has as an explanation

How is a massive injury list mismanagement? I’m all for a good rant but it’s ok to admit you don’t know what you are talking about sometimes

OK Reshuffle the Deck .
Arthars
Karapani
Staggs
Mariner
Mam
Billy
Willison
Mozer
Tapau
Riki
Piakura
Smoothy

Paix
Jensen
Hetherington
Rookie

So you criticise the coach but don't have any solutions.

Seems to be catching on.
So you're not allowed to criticize Kevvie unless you can name a replacement coach? That's a pretty fucked in the head objection.

So you're not allowed to criticize Kevvie unless you can name a replacement coach? That's a pretty fucked in the head objection.

I'd like to think if you're going to criticise anything you'd at the very least have an idea of the solution.

I'd like to think if you're going to criticise anything you'd at the very least have an idea of the solution.
That's a fallacy. The two processes (identifying a problem and suggesting a solution) are independent.

Example: season review.

That's a fallacy. The two processes (identifying a problem and suggesting a solution) are independent.

Example: season review.

I'm not dealing with the board on here, I'm dealing with disgruntled fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.