POST GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

Because he's a Qld'er?

Commentators talk him up deluxe so he's automatically hated across the league... it's just tall poppy syndrome
It’s not even being a Queenslander, it’s him being Reese Walsh, I live in nsw and have a soccer group chat full of them complaining about how he is “soft” and things like that. Same with guys at work, the see a good looking, brash, young guy who is excelling at the Broncos of all clubs and it sets them off, so I always point it out to all of them.

Arthurs looks back to his best thank goodness.

Riki's new haircut seems to have given him some much needed energy yo break the line.

Reyno's kicking game already looking elite. that one that would not go dead for Ponga was a classic.

Marnier's still dropping balls cold despite scoring a double.

Mam found his running game and even managed a great backup to score. Despite taking the pass up above his ear.

Walshy had a few howlers but also had a few inspirational touches.

Oatsy again safe as houses at the back.

Piakura is made of glass and his lateral defence is still absolute shithouse.

Some of Billy's runs showed signs of last year's form.

We're still shit at goal line drop outs.

Why do we manage to spill so many passes and bomb tries in the opening of games?

I lost count after around the fifth leg-up penalty Newy got out of their own end on tackle one or two. Is our discipline that bad?

Nice to be back in the winners circle.

What a difference Reynolds makes. The difference is also alarming.

With Reynolds managing the game, Mam is once again freed up to to play eyes up football. Mam should be paying royalties to Reynolds. Reynolds would have a case in court.

Reece being freed up from managing the game, injects himself as he sees fit. Inspite of that, rocks and diamonds. The wind carried Reece's kicks, yet Reynolds nails a pin point kick to touch. That pass to Mariner on a kick return...he isn't a generational player to date. He did the same shit at the warriors. He is the player that Reynolds allows him to be.

Having rejected 1.1 million over 5 years, Reece is delusional. He's not the player his immature ego thinks. 2024 has shown up Walsh.

Can't believe how small Reynolds contract is, when our spine can't survive without him. Walsh and Mam are to Reynolds, as Darius Boyd is to Bennett.
Wait, Reece rejected our offer? When did that happen?

That was in March
Ah okay. Not sure that’s the same as rejecting 1.1m

Really hard to know what Reece is worth. On potential there’s almost no limit but Ponga hasn’t exactly showered Newcastle in success. There’s still such a massive gap between his best and worst games.

Ah okay. Not sure that’s the same as rejecting 1.1m

Really hard to know what Reece is worth. On potential there’s almost no limit but Ponga hasn’t exactly showered Newcastle in success. There’s still such a massive gap between his best and worst games.
If Reece can take us from 13th in round 19 to winning the comp outside the top 4, just open the chequebook imo.

either walsh was extremely gassed or he just thought his team mates would handle it. I’m sure if he was sprinting over gamble doesn’t try the kick.

Hasn't been mentioned much but Riki broke the line tonight more than he has in about 2 years...played a different roke tonight and i thought one of his better games

They actually passed him the ball when a shift was on .
Normally they miss him out . He is an elite runner for a back rower , if and when he actually breaks into full stride .Running down Latrel from behind blew my mind . We just rarely see it when he makes a hit up with those tippy toe steps he does .
Some optomism for his future now .

either walsh was extremely gassed or he just thought his team mates would handle it. I’m sure if he was sprinting over gamble doesn’t try the kick.

I think he was marking up on Ponga and Hastings on the other side of the field. He was probably gassed, but it was a bit lazy.

You don't see those kind of efforts from Paps, Edwards, etc.

Walsh is non-stop the whole game ... surprised he didn't cramp up

Been saying it since 2019 but Willison's play the ball was my MOTM. Walsh and Reynolds were able to attack last night with space created by his quick PTB.
Agreed, he was seemingly finding his front and his PTB was quicker then most,
even when put on his back.
Have not seen the stats but It looked that way to me.

Been saying it since 2019 but Willison's play the ball was my MOTM. Walsh and Reynolds were able to attack last night with space created by his quick PTB.

The flip side of this tho is I've noticed Willison seems to have a bit of a habit of getting caught up in the tackle when the opposition is trying to play the ball and conceding set restarts or penalties.

I nearly choked on my beer last night when Reyno won a captain’s challenge!!
Any news on Piakura?
His injury was the only real downer.

I nearly choked on my beer last night when Reyno won a captain’s challenge!!
Any news on Piakura?
His injury was the only real downer.

No word yet.

If it’s a minor groin strain, it’s a day to day type thing and could play next week.

If it’s worse, he’s out for several weeks.

The flip side of this tho is I've noticed Willison seems to have a bit of a habit of getting caught up in the tackle when the opposition is trying to play the ball and conceding set restarts or penalties.

You read my mind !
That`s a detail he needs to work on . He gets on the back of the runner and rides them into the ground then gets left behind the play the ball and 1 marker. Meaning green light for the opposition #9 to run / get creative .
Not a hard fix , but the kind of detail the tops teams exploit .

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Donald Garner
  • Culhwch
  • Skathen
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosMan
  • BroncoFan94
  • BRC088
  • upthebroncs
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • mitch222
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.