POST GAME [Round 20, 2024] Broncos vs Knights

I would say I am definitely a Billy fan, however, he isn't where he was last year. Made some good runs tonight though. Weakness is long pass out of DH. Go back and look at Mozer's passes last week. Crisp. Very different players but it is time to get Mozer into this side now. Especially with Reyno back. Probably Smoothy makes way
Our big threat is speed out wide so that long sharp pass out of DH opens that threat up
With a possible injury to Piakura our only option is Kobe to play second row... that could see Smoothy shift to Kobe's role off the bench and bring Mozer into the team.

Please just don't move Patty to the edge

I would say I am definitely a Billy fan, however, he isn't where he was last year. Made some good runs tonight though. Weakness is long pass out of DH. Go back and look at Mozer's passes last week. Crisp. Very different players but it is time to get Mozer into this side now. Especially with Reyno back. Probably Smoothy makes way
Our big threat is speed out wide so that long sharp pass out of DH opens that threat up
Agree. Billy is a different player but tonight he showed great deception and capitalised off our forwards with some very decent runs from dummy half. I think Smoothy will make way for Mozer.

Mozer is the future and im glad they didnt roll him out for this game. Purely because of the pressure. Tonight was a big game and its not good to bring young players into do or die football games. Hes obviously an out and out hooker whereas Billy has plugged a spot there for us for a few seasons and done an admirable job.

I don't think anyone in the team is. But it's a good start to getting back there :)
In his limited amount of games this season, I actually think Reynolds is better than what he was last year. His general kicking and goal kicking is back to top tier. He seems to have a lot more time with his ball playing too.

If Cobbo is back, possibly Oatsey
I reckon Oatsey would be excellent stand in. Probably have to burn an interchange with Willison or Heatherington to give his lungs a rest but tonight he showed some really solid Defence I thought. With Marty seemingly having the third wind of his career, I can see Willison spending some time out wide even if we will miss his spark through the middle.

Well done donkeys.
Shrek 2 Pop GIF by Peacock

Agree. Billy is a different player but tonight he showed great deception and capitalised off our forwards with some very decent runs from dummy half. I think Smoothy will make way for Mozer.

Mozer is the future and im glad they didnt roll him out for this game. Purely because of the pressure. Tonight was a big game and its not good to bring young players into do or die football games. Hes obviously an out and out hooker whereas Billy has plugged a spot there for us for a few seasons and done an admirable job
I think now with Reyno back that strengthens the case to bring Mozer in.

I think now with Reyno back that strengthens the case to bring Mozer in.
Reyno plays both sides of the field like he did tonight you could stick a monkey at dummy half, tell him to throw the ball to the bearded midget and we would still probably win more games than we lose.

I dont think they will change a winning side.

Reyno plays both sides of the field like he did tonight you could stick a monkey at dummy half, tell him to throw the ball to the bearded midget and we would still probably win more games than we lose.

I dont think they will change a winning side.
Can't disagree..but..instead of reaching for that first pass....

The 2 biggest improvements tonight IMO was yardage carries, particularly Oates and Arthars. Structure in attack inside the 20.

Whether thats Reyno, different focus during the week, having the full team back or just a little confidence I don't know?

But pleasing to see

Anyone able to enlighten me as to why Walsh got Boo's early in the game tonight?
Seemed like he got booed any time he touched the ball in the first 20 minutes.

Anyone able to enlighten me as to why Walsh got Boo's early in the game tonight?
Seemed like he got booed any time he touched the ball in the first 20 minutes.
Because he's a Qld'er?

Commentators talk him up deluxe so he's automatically hated across the league... it's just tall poppy syndrome

It’s a win, hopefully it’s enough to gain some confidence, but I’m not taking too much away from it, we were pretty ordinary.

Active Now

• Nerd
  • BooKhaki
  • johnny plath
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Redfern_1980
  • kman
  • HarryAllan7
  • RolledOates
  • pagey
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.