PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Direct quotation, in case you're having trouble seeing it -

That is the textbook definition of what you claimed to have never done a few hours ago.
hahaha😃 sure gonna miss the bullshit posts about boyd ...and of course the STATS🤢

Stats in rugby league are a very misleading thing. For example missed tackles, did old mate miss a tackle because he put himself in a bad position or did he miss a tackle because the guy on his inside made a horrible choice and it isolated him? Or did he miss a tackle because he made a last ditch cover tackle effort because someone else missed a tackle? I could go on and on.
Or in the case of certain players, did he technically record no missed tackles because he was so lazy that he did none of the above.?

Or in the case of certain players, did he technically record no missed tackles because he was so lazy that he did none of the above.?
Exactly, the eye test is so important in rugby league. This isn’t baseball.

Superb. Nothing I've ever written suggests I disagree with you. Never once have I suggested that statistics alone are the most important metric.

Some years ago Steve Price was considered the premier prop and unsurprisingly the stats reflected that. In fact the top ten props *judgement had the best stats.

What I found surprising was the number two prop in that list WASN'T viewed as a premium prop by many on here. It made me wonder why.

That's when I realized human bias was at work in the subjective appraisals. With DB the bias is so skewed that otherwise rational people simply cannot give appropriate acknowledgement to solid evidence.
Solid evidence!!!! So that would be more numbers on arsewipe.... Completely ignore the visual evidence....and i gotta say the video collages are classic comedy...you should watch your hero in action

Solid evidence!!!! So that would be more numbers on arsewipe.... Completely ignore the visual evidence....and i gotta say the video collages are classic comedy...you should watch your hero in action
What? Are you eleven?
You sound like a child. Describing someone as 'your hero'. Moronic.
If we had your life on video, no forget that. I'll assume you're old enough to work. So, if we had your working life on video and we only put together the clusterfucks for which you were responsible it would be a fair reflection of your working life? Or would you advise us to ignore the visual evidence and say hey, that's not who I am? I know what you'd want us to do.

I'd bet it would run for hours.

Direct quotation, in case you're having trouble seeing it -

That is the textbook definition of what you claimed to have never done a few hours ago.
No, that's yet another wanker claim and misrepresents the position. The only textbook thing is the internet bully trying desperately to prove his point.

Player X finishes game and Coach Unbreakable says "player X, fantastic big hit you put on their ten", Thanks Coach X mumble.

Player Y says "but coach, he missed eleven tackles and allowed three tries straight through him'
Same scenario. Coach Huge says "player X, pretty poor effort out there today, is there a problem I don't know about? No? Okay, you will have to work your way back into the team"

Big hits and flashiness don't count. Tackle efficiency does. To a coach, to his team mates and to the fans, tackle efficiency is of paramount importance. Just like I wrote.

Your posts are selective bullshit and proved nothing. Weak as piss.

What? Are you eleven?
You sound like a child. Describing someone as 'your hero'. Moronic.
If we had your life on video, no forget that. I'll assume you're old enough to work. So, if we had your working life on video and we only put together the clusterfucks for which you were responsible it would be a fair reflection of your working life? Or would you advise us to ignore the visual evidence and say hey, that's not who I am? I know what you'd want us to do.

I'd bet it would run for hours.
Haha wow....you really dont like anyone challenging your views or having an opinion....
You know me so well and know what i would be thinking.....
Well for some one who thinks theyre above everyone else you got one thing wrong....im not 11 im 12.

No, that's yet another wanker claim and misrepresents the position. The only textbook thing is the internet bully trying desperately to prove his point.

Player X finishes game and Coach Unbreakable says "player X, fantastic big hit you put on their ten", Thanks Coach X mumble.

Player Y says "but coach, he missed eleven tackles and allowed three tries straight through him'
Same scenario. Coach Huge says "player X, pretty poor effort out there today, is there a problem I don't know about? No? Okay, you will have to work your way back into the team"

Big hits and flashiness don't count. Tackle efficiency does. To a coach, to his team mates and to the fans, tackle efficiency is of paramount importance. Just like I wrote.

maybe you should heed your last paragraph

There is a good documentary about Wally Lewis where he was talking about growing and his father who was a first grade player and coach taught him the defensive players would get his praise, he would say to his players you missed so many tackles and let in so many tries that is what really lost you the match. Wally learnt if he didn't score a try that was fine there are plenty of other players in the team who could score one but he didn't ever want to be a player who let in a try and didn't want to miss too many tackles. How many more games would we have won this season if we had our defence upto scratch? plenty. Not enough substance in this side IMO.

Superb. Nothing I've ever written suggests I disagree with you. Never once have I suggested that statistics alone are the most important metric.

Some years ago Steve Price was considered the premier prop and unsurprisingly the stats reflected that. In fact the top ten props *judgement had the best stats.

What I found surprising was the number two prop in that list WASN'T viewed as a premium prop by many on here. It made me wonder why.

That's when I realized human bias was at work in the subjective appraisals. With DB the bias is so skewed that otherwise rational people simply cannot give appropriate acknowledgement to solid evidence.

Tell us who that mystery prop was, Huge! Show us how you're able to look past your own human bias and see the stats for what they are!

Also, Boyd has played 19 games this season. Croft 14, Milford 13, Dearden 11. It's not surprising Boyd has the most attacking stats. In averages though, for try assists:

Boyd: 0.47
Croft: 0.29
Milford: 0.46
Dearden: 0.27

These are Fox Sports stats, all I could find at short notice. So Boyd is technically 1% ahead of Milford. But remember, Milford has left games injured, so technically the "per game" stats aren't entirely accurate. Adjusted per minute:

Boyd: 0.005921
Milford: 0.005923

So, actually, per minute played, Milford has the best try-assist average.

Also, while Boyd might have way better stats for line-break assists, Milford is ahead in averages for Total Try Involvements, and Try Contributions.

Just thought I'd paint a more complete picture for our viewers. If it seems I'm being pedantic, well that's kind of the point.

So, just to clarify, you're unwilling to acknowledge that you were quoted saying that tackle efficiency is the only thing that matters in deciding if someone is good defensively?

Ok, fair enough man.

I also seem to recall you big noting yourself about how often you're able to admit that you're wrong or have made a mistake, right? I'm still yet to see one of these supposed humble admissions, but I do look forward to the day.

Tell us who that mystery prop was, Huge! Show us how you're able to look past your own human bias and see the stats for what they are!
You know who it will be, Danny Nutley for sure, Huge always had a hard on for him.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bongo
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Financeguy
  • Matheos
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.