Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Look at where the Panthers scored the majority of their tries.

Look at who was unavailable and how it affected the side.

Going into this season, we knew that depth was going to be an issue, but nobody could have expected it to be as bad as what it has been.

im not sure we can use that as an excuse bp, penrith were without some of their better known players (rgc, whare, mckendry, martin and blake got injured early on) we were simply outplayed.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Team full of rep players, the best rugby league coach in the world...what could go wrong

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
People are pointing fingers at Parkers leadership, but I wonder if it's WB? Maybe everyone's off him?? I was told a while back that Milf and Hunt hate each other too... Something stinks at Red Hill

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It was quite an insipid performance, but I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Something that really bugs me, is that whenever we go a try or two down, we're too quick to start attempting Hail Mary type plays. Yes, we need to get back in the contest, but immediately turning to more eccentric tactics isn't the answer. We end up trying to execute plays that aren't on - we force passes, put in low percentage kicks, etc and all we tend to get out of it is more errors and less completions.

Milford and Hunt, as talented and skillful as they are, have to realise that they need to do the hard yards, they need to think about the total remaining minutes in the game, not just the then and there. Dig a few kicks into the corner and grind your way back into it, don't just try a chip kick over the top or throw a risky pass for which probably has about a 10% chance of success.

We have some extremely talented players capable of the sublime, but they need to realise you can't be flashy all the time. As boring as it is, a set of one-out hit-ups, a kick into the corner and a solid kick chase is more valuable in the long-term scope of the game than the fancy play.

I doubt many will agree, but we need to go back to basics and rely on the fact that our team is much stronger than most others. Play high-percentage footy and the rest will sort itself out.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Also, can't believe they disallowed P A N G A I J U N I O R ' S try.

Fucking love this kid, he's going to be a superstar!

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
We need some go forward. All of our forwards get stopped in their tracks. Pangai jnr is the only one that bends the line. I'd be going after Nelson Solomona from the storm and Napa. That would steel out middle up. Even Maguire looks pedestrian. Would go ok at lock though Imo. Hard for Milf,Hunt and Roberts to do anything with the defence up in their face all game with no room too move. Good forwards give your play makers the space they need to perform. We all know that!

8.Napa
9.Macca
10.Thaiday
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Maguire

14.Knik
15.Panga
16.Solomona
17.Blair

18.Esese
19.Arrow
20.Offa

Would be a good balance Imo

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
It was quite an insipid performance, but I'm not getting carried away just yet.

Something that really bugs me, is that whenever we go a try or two down, we're too quick to start attempting Hail Mary type plays. Yes, we need to get back in the contest, but immediately turning to more eccentric tactics isn't the answer. We end up trying to execute plays that aren't on - we force passes, put in low percentage kicks, etc and all we tend to get out of it is more errors and less completions.

Milford and Hunt, as talented and skillful as they are, have to realise that they need to do the hard yards, they need to think about the total remaining minutes in the game, not just the then and there. Dig a few kicks into the corner and grind your way back into it, don't just try a chip kick over the top or throw a risky pass for which probably has about a 10% chance of success.

We have some extremely talented players capable of the sublime, but they need to realise you can't be flashy all the time. As boring as it is, a set of one-out hit-ups, a kick into the corner and a solid kick chase is more valuable in the long-term scope of the game than the fancy play.

I doubt many will agree, but we need to go back to basics and rely on the fact that our team is much stronger than most others. Play high-percentage footy and the rest will sort itself out.

100% this. It's not rocket science hey. They need to set up for a few sets down the track, think a few moves ahead. They can't score of every set which is what they look like they think they can do. Where has the the "Bennettball" gone? Ruck it up, kick to the corner, defend then repeat.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Here's Anthony Griffin heading to the airport this morning...
Mr.Bean-Middle-Finger.gif

J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
Not sure why so many people are calling for McGuires head. Yea he lost his cool and didn't play as good as usual but it's just one game. He has been up there with Parker as one of our best and most consistent forwards for years... We would be crazy to let him go. With Parker retiring McGuire will be the cornerstone of our pack and he will do a darn good job of it. Some people lose faith way too quick. It was a frustrating game, obviously there is more going on than we know about, everyones attitude was off, he made some silly brain snaps, lets just hope it's a one off.

I know people are calling for bigger forwards who make more impact but McGuire isn't the issue. Moving him on would be a mistake.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
When all that emerging origin stuff happened earlier in the year and the players got banned I remember Walters saying he consulted some of the senior players before making his decision. I'm starting to think Parker must have been one of those senior players he consulted.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Wayne is know for tapping the player shoulder year earlier. May it is time wayne to tap on his own shoulder.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
100% this. It's not rocket science hey. They need to set up for a few sets down the track, think a few moves ahead. They can't score of every set which is what they look like they think they can do. Where has the the "Bennettball" gone? Ruck it up, kick to the corner, defend then repeat.

The problem is our rucks stink. Our forwards get stopped in their tracks at first contact. If we had any other clubs forward pack our backs would absolutely carve up. I'm ready to say our forward pack is one of if not the weakest in the nrl.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's weak with a simple go forward gameplan. A lot of these forwards are skillful with their hands though, I dunno why they don't utilise it more when it's clear that just going forward isn't their strongest suit.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
The problem is our rucks stink. Our forwards get stopped in their tracks at first contact. If we had any other clubs forward pack our backs would absolutely carve up. I'm ready to say our forward pack is one of if not the weakest in the nrl.
Can't disagree here. Parker was the only forward who made over 100 metres last night (101 mind you) while Merrin runs at will for 227 metres.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
im not sure we can use that as an excuse bp, penrith were without some of their better known players (rgc, whare, mckendry, martin and blake got injured early on) we were simply outplayed.

Look at what I was responding too.

What I said (on top of other factors) seems more likely than all this rumour and innuendo that's being tossed around.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
You see that's the thing. The thing that I really didn't like about Griffin was he didn't take losing hard enough, that and he was to slow to do anything hence why I dubbed him Sloth. I am seeing a bit of that with Bennett. In the presser you can see he looks like a deer in headlights but I don't see the venom which a Bellamy would deliver and which would be more than warranted.

It was a dreadful performance and I think it is time to look ahead. I would be pleased if Thaiday joined Parker into retirement. I seriously wonder if Hunt has the mental makeup to offer the team what it needs. It also dawned on me that I can't remember a game where Glenn played centre and we won... point being, every time you play people out of position it backfires...at least for us it does. That said, if you are going to have centre picked to the side, bloody play him.

Anyways, I think it will take a minor miracle to pull a team out of mud like this. Something isn't right that we aren't privy to.

"I couldn't believe Wayne after the Melbourne Storm press conference. If Hook had have described a 48-6 loss as an improvement he would have been absolutely tarred and feathered on here. Wayne said something and it barely rated a mention. I don't think Wayne saw anything wrong other than the Origin period and thought his side would kick on.

They haven't.

A couple of interesting notes...

Lockyer mentioned that the Broncos only trained yesterday for the clash.

And at half-time, there was no speech, Bennett just had them training like it was the start of the game.

It suggests that the build up to this game was rubbish and that Wayne is aware of it and is going to go hard on these boys.

It maybe too late and the Broncos could just slump out of the eight altogether.

Or we could see them jag a few wins, make the finals and probably go out the back door with some promising signs for the future.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Not sure why so many people are calling for McGuires head. Yea he lost his cool and didn't play as good as usual but it's just one game. He has been up there with Parker as one of our best and most consistent forwards for years... We would be crazy to let him go. With Parker retiring McGuire will be the cornerstone of our pack and he will do a darn good job of it. Some people lose faith way too quick. It was a frustrating game, obviously there is more going on than we know about, everyones attitude was off, he made some silly brain snaps, lets just hope it's a one off.

I know people are calling for bigger forwards who make more impact but McGuire isn't the issue. Moving him on would be a mistake.

People are upset at him over rumours that he's a big part of the division behind the scenes. He isn't Andrew Johns or Locky: we don't need to keep him around if he's fuelling a toxic culture of infighting.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It's weak with a simple go forward gameplan. A lot of these forwards are skillful with their hands though, I dunno why they don't utilise it more when it's clear that just going forward isn't their strongest suit.

100%. There are so many times when two of our forwards are attacking the line at speed when a simple short pass between them would bend the line. But the first forward never passes and gets smashed instead. Parker is a chief offender of this!

Active Now

• Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.