Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Milford's game management late in that second half was quite good.

He didn't try to force a pass or come up with the hail mary play, if there was nothing on he was happy to just roll it in the in-goal and get a repeat set. He put in some great kicks that allowed us to pin the Sharks down their end a bit and build up their tackle count. Unfortunately, we weren't able to capitalize on those due to the errors, but it's a great sign that Milford is improving in that department.

How good of Isaako to just plant his foot there too instead of kicking out wildly for it (likely resulting in a penalty try).

I thought they were going to rule that way with the amount of times they were looking at it.

I was waiting for the video ref to come back with a possible 8 point try.

The narrative is we've only won those games due to dubious refereeing decisions.

The Broncos haven't deservedly won a single game this year according to the media and the anti Bronco brigade.

It's been pretty remiss of me not to acknowledge the courageous effort of Alex Glenn last night. It was fairly obvious he was in extreme pain yet still managed to get in the line and somehow managed to obstruct Lewis' lunge at the line and help save what looked like a certain try. In the end we were unlucky not to get awarded a knock on against Lewis. Does anyone know the full diagnosis of Glenn's injury? I hope we get him back for the semis as he has been 'putting in' for us on a regular basis.

It's been pretty remiss of me not to acknowledge the courageous effort of Alex Glenn last night. It was fairly obvious he was in extreme pain yet still managed to get in the line and somehow managed to obstruct Lewis' lunge at the line and help save what looked like a certain try. In the end we were unlucky not to get awarded a knock on against Lewis. Does anyone know the full diagnosis of Glenn's injury? I hope we get him back for the semis as he has been 'putting in' for us on a regular basis.
That moment just typifies the bloke. Champion clubman who always puts the team first. Will be hard to see him go if it comes down to that.

Warriors need to lose to Titans (unlikely)
Panthers need to lose to Manly (probably unlikely)

Warriors are about to lose Luke and Harris for this game.

I don't think a win for the Titans is out of the question.

No team has ever won the premiership from outside the top 8, I think that's right?

It seems to me that any team in the top 8 can beat any other team in the 8 this year (possible exception Broncos beating the Storm, they just seem to have our number)

2018 is primed to be the first year we have a premier from somewhere 5-8

Of course it might not happen, and you'd probably say Storm or Roosters are favourites, but I think this year is more likely than any other

No team has ever won the premiership from outside the top 8, I think that's right?

It seems to me that any team in the top 8 can beat any other team in the 8 this year (possible exception Broncos beating the Storm, they just seem to have our number)

2018 is primed to be the first year we have a premier from somewhere 5-8

Of course it might not happen, and you'd probably say Storm or Roosters are favourites, but I think this year is more likely than any other

No because teams outside the top 8 aren't in the finals. Sorry, I just had to.

No team outside the top 4 has ever won. Teams outside the top 4 have made the GF, but none have ever won.

Goal line defence was terrific last night and Fifita at four in on the right was great, showed real maturity. It's a hard position to defend you have a half and you dictate line speed. He was calm. I liked that.

Warriors are about to lose Luke and Harris for this game.

I don't think a win for the Titans is out of the question.

They couldn't beat an egg at the moment. Ash Taylor has been the worst player in the comp for the last month.

Last night's win is way more satisfying than last week's to me, where pretty much everything went our way, but we showed some dire deficiencies in defense.
Sure, both teams made too many errors, but this time we made up for them and out-ground a team like the Sharks.

To see a kid like David Fifita defend like his and his team mates' lives depended on it, to see Milford's game management in that second half, plus stop a backrower of Lewis quality and size on the try line, to see Alex Glenn put his body on the line despite a broken arm, and yes, to see Darius Boyd play so well at centre, makes me believe in the future of this team.

The wealth and depth of talent is something I can't recall seeing at the Broncos. If we get a good halfback that takes away from Milford's burden and frees him to inject himself when he sees something, we may be looking at a dominant team for years!

Last edited:
Last night's win is way more satisfying than last week's to me, where pretty much everything went our way, but we showed some dire deficiencies in defense.
Sure, both teams made too many errors, but this time we made up for them and out-ground a team like the Sharks.

To see a kid like David Fifita defend like his and his team mates' lives depended on it, to see Milford's game management in that second half, plus stop a backrower of Lewis quality and size on the try line, to see Alex Glenn put his body on the line despite a broken arm, and yes, to see Darius Boyd play so well at centre, makes me believe in the future of this team.

The wealth and depth of talent is something I can't recall seeing at the Broncos. If we get a good halfback that takes away from Milford's burden and frees him to inject himself when he seems something, we may be looking at a dominant team for years!
I'm not sure if many remember that in Cronk's early days he was fairly ordinary and I recall many commentators banding the term 'manufactured halfback' about in reference to him gradually learning the position to eventually come out the other end of 3 or 4 years constituently striving to better himself to be recognised as Qld and Australia's best halfback. With the amount of work Knik is putting in and the obvious progression he is making don't be surprised if he ends up the same. He has so much ticker and is rarely seen mopping or whinging. He just gets on with the learning processes and all the while he's a fantastic club man to have around the Broncos. I'm sure Alf has shared some wisdom re: tackling the bigger boppers that come at him as his defence has improved remarkably over the last month. Added to this he has played with Milf since early school days so they have a great friendship to compliment their working partnership on the field. If he happens to read the site I'd say keep working at it wee man and in the meantime you need to do some work on those post-try celebrations.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if many remember that in Cronk's early days he was fairly ordinary and I recall many commentators banding the term 'manufactured halfback' about in reference to him gradually learning the position to eventually come out the other end of 3 or 4 years constituently striving to better himself to be recognised as Qld and Australia's best halfback. With the amount of work Knik is putting in and the obvious progression he is making don't be surprised if he ends up the same. He has so much ticker and is rarely seen mopping or whinging. He just gets on with the learning processes and all the while he's a fantastic club man to have around the Broncos. I'm sure Alf has shared some wisdom re: tackling the bigger boppers that come at him as his defence has improved remarkably over the last month. Added to this he has played with Milf since early school days so they have a great friendship to compliment their working partnership on the field. If he happens to read the site I'd say keep working at it wee man and in the meantime you need to do some work on those post-try celebrations.

Complete bullshit. His post-try celebrations are absolutely on point.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has noticed but post game articles on Fox Sports are primarily about Sharks whinging and putting no blame on themselves about the loss last night.

Was expecting today's articles to be more along the lines of highway robbery/'we wus robbed'/ref ref ref/ etc.

Are sharks all of a sudden more hated than the broncs?!?!?

I like Kodi. He's a tough little bugger who will always give everything he's got without a doubt.

I just don't think the comparison to Cronk is valid, as while the latter wasn't as talented as some (like Kodi), he was always a very cerebral player, who used his above average intelligence (for a footy player) to complement his game. I doubt Kodi can ever do that.

Unread

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.