Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Game was gone after the genius tactic to kick on the third tackle of the game.

"That will catch them off guard and get us on the front foot!"

Our worst performance of the year when we needed to show heart and resolve. Very disappointing.

someone nailed it. we played the storm back into form. they continue to bully the broncos is all facets of the game.

hook needs to go this week. he's just taking the piss now with his bench selections and rotations. a teams performance is a reflection of the coaches attitude.

What we just witnessed tonight was a quality coach matching up against a complete and utter amateur. The sacking of Griffin has now been totally justified. I believe that our team was very capable of beating the current Storm side but we completely lost it up the middle, instead of having Kennedy on the bench Griffin decides that Jack Reed is the better option. Jack Fucking Reed! Granville would also have helped late in the first half but Oates and Lowrie are there ahead of him, such a bad decision Griffinderp! The refs were abysmal but I've come to expect that whenever we play the Storm and we did ourselves no favours anyway by playing reserve grade footy.

This was Griffin's one chance to redeem himself and he failed. Griffin is dead, just like our season.

That was crap.

Now was everyone watching? Did see how we struggle to bend the line and to make metres in the forwards?? Now does everyone accept that we can't win the premiership with midgets in the front row or with backrowers playing in the front row.

We need a big prop. Mason will do until someone else comes along.

The Good:

Josh Hoffman, he was pretty good once again. Great try saver.

Dale Copley, Jordan Kahu and Ben Barba all looked solid too.

McGuire and Parker were good.

McCullough defended well too.

The Bad:

McCullough's service, it seriously sucks balls.

Sam Thaiday, he's the most overrated player in the game, surely. 0 runs in the first half, though the 2nd was better.

Alex Glenn is clearly not a hooker.

Maranta was terrible in the first 20 minutes too.

Reed and Oates, what was the point?

The Ugly:

Ben Hunt, just awful.

Justin Hodges, just awful.

Matt Gillett, absolutely abysmal.

Griffin, thank god he's gone.

We'll be out the 8 after this round is done too. Well done team.

- Hunt was disappointing, but I'll cut the kid some slack since he's 2014 saviour
- Barba played pretty good IMO
- Reed on the bench is dumb where was Hala and Kennedy(griffins fault)
- never thought I'd say this but there was TOO much passing that we had 10 intercepts.
- Cronk vs Hunt (Cronk is awesome)
- WHY DOES THAIDAY FALL DOWN WHEN HE TACKLES HE JUST BIRD DIVES INTO THE GROUND! It's really starting to get on my nerves.
- Parker, Copley, McCullough, Hoffman(at times) were solid
- Maranta was disappointing!

That was just about the best game we've had from our #6 all year and we lost by our biggest margin yet. Hoffman with another great try saver for the second week in a row. That's about it in terms of positives.

Got to say though, knowing Griffin is going makes it all seem not quite as bad. Like, even though we suck, at least it's now been acknowledged and the tide is turning. Just not til 2015.

if anyone was handed redundancy on a Monday of course you'd take the piss the rest of the week. so why not just **** griffin off now and save us fans from witnessing this utter toilet of a team that is griffinball any longer

You need two (pref 3) big props. One (and fucking only one) wider running second rower. You need one big second rower (and another on the bench) and a creative lock (like Parker).

we current have two small props, two wide running backrowers and Thaiday. Your never going to establish the necessary forward dominance to succeed with that lineup.

Well we saw one disciplined, organised and well coached team with plan and another that is just a rabble.

From the bench, to the interchanges, to the slow arse lazy staggered defensive line, to the lack of organisation.........A prime example of why Griffins days were numbered............he just really has no idea.

I don't even think we had a game plan.......oh hang on....kicking on the third tackle from deep in our own half........genius idea that.

What an embarrassment.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THAIDAY! HE COLLAPSES EVERYTIME HE HAS THE BALL WHERES THE LEG PUMP!

my 17 next week!
1 Hoffman
2 Drew
3 Hodges
4 Copley
5 Kahu
6 Barba
7 Hunt
8 Hannant
9 McCullough
10 McGuire
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Thaiday
15 Hala
16 Oates/Vidot
17 Kennedy or Granville

I'm tipping between fucking cranky and "meh".

Ordinary by just about everyone tonight. Thought Barba was good, our captains gave it their all too. Bench decisions and usage was back to shit. I won't single out our halfback, he knows he had a fucking shit night so he doesn't need me to lump on him as well. I know Gillette has missed a few weeks but FMD his defence was terrible.

Storm had 3-4 players in each tackle and a solid line on their kick chases. We had 1-2 in each tackle, at best, and 4-5 chasers, at best.

Refs were fucked.

Next week better be different or I think I'll skip the rest of the year. Can't keep watching that shit, it's far too upsetting.

After we weathered that first half Storm, pun intended, Kennedy could have been really useful and Granville would have added something. That was terrible and the bench selection and usage is inexcusable. Vidot would have been extremely useful but regardless, that handling tonight was just under 7s standard. But what the hell is with the onesided refereeing against us constantly??

It's amazing (to me) that a 20 point loss doesn't even hurt anymore. It's happened so regularly the last 5 years. I think my soul was taken completely at the end of last season when we lost all those games.

Only registered with me at about 7:15 that we had a game tonight.

Watching the Knights tonight gives me hope. I know they have had their ups and downs this year, but that team of nuffies were the third last team standing last year...

Kade Snowden is one guy I would love for WB to bring with him. Another fucking awesome performance tonight from a real frontrower.

This bullshit of playing 8 princess backrowers each week is fucking horseshit. **** off Alex Glenn, you midget.

Only silver lining for next week is that Manly seem to be worse managed than the Broncs at present. They seem to be offloading everyone to keep DCE. Warning bells for the Broncs if they think of doing the same for Hunt.

Speaking of Hunt, he got an absolute towelling tonight. Best halfback on the planet showed him how it is done. Stick to a game plan, get clever when the time is the right. Get all class, all the time.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • LittleDavey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • BroncosMan
  • MrMoore
  • leon.bott
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • jd87
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.