PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Ok Pal, but I’m not likely to be disagreeable when there’s nothing to be disagreeable about.
[automerge]1564695709[/automerge]

No. I haven’t watched them play since they dismantled us
So you were fine with Sam thaiday playing hooker, boyd and mccullough form the past few years, nikorima at halfback, getting smashed in finals/the most important games, Roberts only turning up once a month, the jack bird signing, losing games we should have won, the bench use (eg some players not getting on at all)...

If seibold did half those things you would be having a fit on here. Your bias is pathetic. What's even worse is you haven't even watched souffs all year. They were going great at the start of the year! They were playing like last year, now they are playing like us last year and scraping by and we have improved like souffs did last year. Weird that....

Honestly, you should support souffs. You would be happier...

Hope the boys come out mad as hell, and .. ain't gonna take it no more .

I give us a real chance at an upset here......as far as I'm concerned all the pressure is on Melbourne not us...

We should use that to our advantage...

So you were fine with Sam thaiday playing hooker, boyd and mccullough form the past few years, nikorima at halfback, getting smashed in finals/the most important games, Roberts only turning up once a month, the jack bird signing, losing games we should have won, the bench use (eg some players not getting on at all)...

If seibold did half those things you would be having a fit on here. Your bias is pathetic. What's even worse is you haven't even watched souffs all year. They were going great at the start of the year! They were playing like last year, now they are playing like us last year and scraping by and we have improved like souffs did last year. Weird that....

Honestly, you should support souffs. You would be happier...
Ummm, didn't souths bomb towards the end of the year?

they finished 1 win from the GF ... losing that game 12-4 to eventual premiers the Roosters

that is hardly bombing

TBH I'd say it was mixed, from round 19 to 25 they won 3 and lost 4 from 7 matches and their wins weren't exactly impressive. Then they lost to both grand finalists in the finals and won a match against the Dragons(who defeated us). I'd say Seibold's strongest part of the season with Souths was mid season which had an impressive winning run, they did decline on their run home though but I wouldn't hold it against Seibold that much.

Last edited:
Belt the living shit out of C.Smith tonight please.

Image1564732934330536

My thoughts on our chances of winning.

TBH I'd say it was mixed, from round 19 to 25 they won 3 and lost 4 from 7 matches and their wins weren't exactly impressive. Then they lost to both grand finalists in the finals and won a match against the Dragons(who defeated us). I'd say Seibold's strongest part of the season with Souths was mid season which had an impressive winning run, they did decline on their run home though but I wouldn't hold it against Seibold that much.

They discussed the 2019 Rabbitohs on one of the panel shows and just said that Bennett’s teams always plateau mid season and then he starts ramping things up around about now. Remains to be seen if that happens though

They discussed the 2019 Rabbitohs on one of the panel shows and just said that Bennett’s teams always plateau mid season and then he starts ramping things up around about now. Remains to be seen if that happens though

I wouldn't say always, plenty of seasons watching as a Broncos fan where we were ideally placed coming out of the state of origin period only to nose dive, not solely on Bennett but he must carry his share of the weight when that happened.

With Milf at the back I'm strangely confident. Him and Turps to be the difference tonight, along with Haas and Lodge. At worst a narrow loss.

Bennett will get his boys to throw the Sharks game to try and push us further out of the 8. I don't really believe that. Do I? Anyway, 1hr to go until we see how far the new Broncs are from being premiership contenders.

Which is why I have thrown $500 on the Storm at $1.50 to help soften the blow. Might continue to do that for this fixture until either Smith retires or we break the hoodoo.

We need more people to do this. Eventually the bookies will have to start rigging games in our favour.

With Milf at the back I'm strangely confident. Him and Turps to be the difference tonight, along with Haas and Lodge. At worst a narrow loss.

It will be interesting to see how milf handles a quality kicking game. Since he’s been at the back he’s looked good, but we haven’t played anyone of note. Unsurprisingly I’m a bit of a sceptic about the switch.
[automerge]1564735835[/automerge]
Do we really care about Wayne dinosaur Bennett right now?

No

Last edited:
they finished 1 win from the GF ... losing that game 12-4 to eventual premiers the Roosters

that is hardly bombing
They were going great and then dropped off big time, didn't look the same team. You could see that they weren't going to make a dent in the finals.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.