Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Whether he's a hypocrite or not doesn't really have much bearing on whether he's right.

Because the media loves the storm organisation and the nrl want them successful because they think victorians give a shit about RL. Put it this way, AFL is probably more popular in Brisbane than NRL is in Melbourne and that’s saying something because most people I know dislike AFL

Not me. I’m not living the league at the moment but goodness me, the Lions are absolutely up to their noses in the comp. Bonafide contenders, I’d encourage getting on board. They play like the great Lions of 20ish years ago.

Whether he's a hypocrite or not doesn't really have much bearing on whether he's right.

And he is, partly. Seibold is trying to shift the blame but he isn’t wrong at the sane time. The Storm are WAY too good and they ARE the benchmark. Broncs should get their heads out of their own butts and realise that they should be trying to copy the Storm model as much as possible but putting their own players’ strengths into it.

I’m hopeful that last night’s game may be an important turning point for this club. I hope they pick apart what Melbourne did well and try to imitate it. I hope they pick apart how they got picked apart so easily and address it.

I’m hopefully if leads to change in players we’ve all been screaming out for, though I’m not expecting it will.

I’m hopefully this is all part of the process and patience is needed, so I can cop a stain like this if it leads to sustained success. I won’t cop two in a row though and neither most fans.

Anywho, go the Lions!

If that’s true it doesn’t give me any confidence.
It sounds like in moving on from Bennett we are at risk of things going from ordinary to worse.
You mean like the Henjak/Hook era? The Seibum era promises to be much worse as he is clueless compared to those two. His era will be a short lived one if they are still stinking it up in a year's time.

You mean like the Henjak/Hook era? The Seibum era promises to be much worse as he is clueless compared to those two. His era will be a short lived one if they are still stinking it up in a year's time.

And alternatively, if they aren’t? What do we do then?

And he is, partly. Seibold is trying to shift the blame but he isn’t wrong at the sane time. The Storm are WAY too good and they ARE the benchmark. Broncs should get their heads out of their own butts and realise that they should be trying to copy the Storm model as much as possible but putting their own players’ strengths into it.

I’m hopeful that last night’s game may be an important turning point for this club. I hope they pick apart what Melbourne did well and try to imitate it. I hope they pick apart how they got picked apart so easily and address it.

I’m hopefully if leads to change in players we’ve all been screaming out for, though I’m not expecting it will.

I’m hopefully this is all part of the process and patience is needed, so I can cop a stain like this if it leads to sustained success. I won’t cop two in a row though and neither most fans.

Anywho, go the Lions!

I'm sure it was mentioned before that that's the plan .

Anywho, go the Lions!

Blokes in the media rant and rave about our advantages over other teams but they conveniently forget about the salary cap and the fact that pretty much every NRL team in the comp taps into SEQ for jrs (the best ever 'Melbourne' player is from Brisbane, the best ever NQ player is from Brisbane, Cronk is from Brisbane, etc). If you removed the cap then maybe Seibs could have walked in late in the off season and fixed the squad, otherwise I dno what else he could have done.

Last edited:
Right now we are just lacking a mental toughness ... which is something that Seibs needs to address, unfortunately, it isn't an overnight fix.

we were hanging with the Storm for the first 30 mins or so ... then that 10 minute period before half time happened (consisting of numerous BS refereeing decisions) and we weren't able to recover.

The BS ref decisions included:
  1. The forward pass call against Turpin that was easily backwards
  2. the scrum penalty against Lodge, IMO, there is no way the Sutton saw anything in the scrum, but took Finnucanes word for it. if he had seen it, he would have penalised Lodge immediately.
  3. the failure to sin bin Finnucane for swing a punch, during the Lodge scrum incident. throwing a punch is supposed to be a mandatory sin bin
  4. a clear as day knock on from the storm in the lead up to a try
  5. numerous Storm forward passes
All of which were game changers. I can't help but thinking what if we hadn't kicked it out on the full (twice), and what if those ref decisions you mentioned had gone the other way. We would have had a chance to dominate some field position. The score blowout was just a symptom of spending so much time defending. That time defending was a symptom of the kicks out on the full and the loss of field position from those calls. We looked like we couldn't handle their edge speed or middle forwards because we were gassed from defending. If we'd had a few Lucky breaks (kicks out on full) or decisions go our way early, it might have been a very different game. The storm make you pay but if there isn't any advantage given to them, things would go differently...

Right, got it now.
No worries mate. We all want the same thing - Mighty Broncos to be ON TOP of every fuckin club.

It shits me to the core when someone(especially who tried to replicate us) is utter rubbish. **** every SHITney based clubs. No one club can come closer to ours.

WE DO NOT FOLLOW OTHERS. WE INSPIRE OTHERS TO FOLLOW US.

Last edited:

Anywho, go the Lions!
Agree with most of what you've said there. Just as a fat **** whose life has gone off the rails over the last 5 years some of the mean comments have been a bit triggering. Leave Gussy alone ya bastards.

Ever seen 20,000+ people die at once? I did after that second kick out on the full.

thanos-smiling_61680_1440x2560.jpg

So i missed the game live but made sure I recorded it. I got through about 15mins of it until it became glaringly obvious that we would lose convincingly. I watched the rest of the game on x16 of my fetch tv box. We were completely dominated.

Once again I was wrong about our ability to compete with Melbourne. Yes they are a far more polished side than us but what really struck me was the mental edge they always have over us. We made simple, unforgivable errors that you cannot make against the storm. Our heads went down and we had already lost.

We still have a great core of players, and the sky is certainly not falling, contrary to what some of the more experiences posters are making out. We did not perform to the standard that we are capable of and we we're thoroughly punished by a team who has a history of dismantling us.

I still feel we can either beat or atleast compete with almost every other team in the competition, unfortunately in order to achieve this I think we need a healthy roster with players playing in their best positions, currently this is not happening, yet we have still been managing to win games.

We will still make the finals and compete. We need to keep the faith.

The fucker is even purple...arrrgghh

The ch**ts are definitely the bad guys. Melboune Storm, the destroyer of rugby league rules.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.