/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Giphy 2

Not ok with that effort, particular in defense. We just stood back and watched them all night and then in attack we just did the standard 4 one out hit ups, then a slow ass shift, then an ordinary kick.

Not good enough, coach included.

Sums it up for me. I made a comment earlier that I watch them start backing off whenever a team comes at us at speed on the edges and all that does is give them more space and speed to run over and through us. The defensive line needs to move up in unison to cut down the opposition time and space not the exact opposite.

Commentators saying they think Milf being at one is getting the best out of him but not the best out of the team. Interesting

You kinda need a good set of Halves to ignite your fullback. Milford is doing it all himself and I actually feel sorry for him that he isn’t getting any success. Why can’t we find halves and why are we stuck with Macca and Boyd?????

I am really disappointed that the refs refused to let a game of football break out. It was always going to be a tough game, but the refs made sure we could not even get a contest.

They want a strong "Melbourne" side to make the 8 every year so Victorians will pay attention. But they don't have to be gifted 20 points worth of penalties and 50/50 calls in a game like this. Let it at least be a contest fought by the players. Does anyone really prefer a blowout to a good tight contest? I would rather watch the broncs win a thriller than smash a side by 40 points.

How the hell can the grubs can get away with everything they do & the opposition sides get penalized severally if they start to fight back is beyond my guess. Always 4 in a tackle, slowing down the play, mostly forward passes & they can slap opposition players at will. None of the rules apply to them.

Beyond disgrace that these grubs are allowed to do continuously with no effort to stop them in the near future.

NRL- if you so fuckin want a team in Melbourne that can withstand the AFL domination, you’re kidding yourself by letting these grubs get away with everything. You’re a total disgrace & don’t have balls.

You kinda need a good set of Halves to ignite your fullback. Milford is doing it all himself and I actually feel sorry for him that he isn’t getting any success. Why can’t we find halves and why are we stuck with Macca and Boyd?????

Macca only played 20 tonight. Seggy didn’t do a lot to ignite the team. Turpin and Boyd playing out of position aren’t going to help. To me, it makes the decision to play Milf at the back all the more baffling. We have 3 spine position players paying out of position.

Edit. This isn’t to say I don’t think Milf did a good job at the back

Last edited:
Commentators saying they think Milf being at one is getting the best out of him but not the best out of the team. Interesting
It would have been 60-0 with Darius there. It's almost as though we had no recognised halves playing.

I am really disappointed that the refs refused to let a game of football break out. It was always going to be a tough game, but the refs made sure we could not even get a contest.

They want a strong "Melbourne" side to make the 8 every year so Victorians will pay attention. But they don't have to be gifted 20 points worth of penalties and 50/50 calls in a game like this. Let it at least be a contest fought by the players. Does anyone really prefer a blowout to a good tight contest? I would rather watch the broncs win a thriller than smash a side by 40 points.
How about the Broncos defending better to prevent a blow out, if nobody wanted it?

Need to find a 6 and put Dearden into 7. We got beaten before the game started. Mentally not strong enough
There's still questions about dearden, we need some experience in the halves at least.

One thing I take out of tonight is we desperately need an experienced half to partner Dearden. Maloney would have been perfect imo, not sure who our options are now.
Forwards got monstered, outside backs were all pretty bad, Oates went MIA. Coates ain’t ready. Staggs prob had his worst game in a broncos jersey and isaako still needs a couple of weeks in q cup. Milf was prob one of our best. I love turps’ energy and efforts and he must stay in this side. I think full time 9 with seggy is his spot.
Too much inexperience along with being not being mentally prepared for these top teams - we will build on this, but we are behind where I thought we were, which is dissapointing.

Macca only played 20 tonight. Seggy didn’t do a lot to ignite the team. Turpin and Boyd playing out of position aren’t going to help. To me, it makes the decision to play Milf at the back all the more baffling. We have 3 spine position players paying out of position.

Yeah, I've been really happy with Milf at the back but we desperately need a halves pairing to get the best out of him. Even just a serviceable half would fucking do.

All the posters who predicted we'd get smashed were right. I was fooled into believing, yet again. We truly aren't in Melbourne's league and should not make the finals, we don't deserve to.

I should have listened to the naysayers. I think the boys tried hard though and I feel for them. I'm not disappointed in any of them, they were simply beaten by a much better team and the best coach of the 2000s.

It would have been 60-0 with Darius there. It's almost as though we had no recognised halves playing.

Or it could have been 40-18.

The last set before half time has really got my goat. He’s our best ball runner and ball player and he doesn’t touch the thing when we’re attacking the line.

Or it could have been 40-18.

The last set before half time has really got my goat. He’s our best ball runner and ball player and he doesn’t touch the thing when we’re attacking the line.
Darius doesn't put his body on the line for that kick to Carr that Milf saved, nor does he even attempt to tackle Vunivalu near the end there.

I find it baffling the Brisbane broncos, biggest league club In the world currently have no actual halves available. If we can get dearden and sos firing Milford will destroy teams from fullback.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.