Round 20 - Cowboys vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm a bit concerned about Oates ability to play wing.

Thurston could really test him with some good kicks and exploit him.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
JT has had no support from his team this year. if that continues JT can try all he might but the cowboys will still be shite.

Somehow, given the Cow's "star studded cast", their shithouse position on the ladder, and the Origin form of JT etc. I doubt they will slack off in any area.

For mine, this is our last shot. Our 2013 season begins and ends with this match. If the whole team steps up and stays there, we are competitive.

If not, we end not with a bang but a whimper

Of course, Maranta might again choose to stand 20m back from the line exposing his inside defender to a 2 on 1 .... and you can bet Maranta's sprint trophy collection JT knows our weaknesses inside out.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i hope Coates has been practicing jumping and catching under pressure because there is gonna be a bomb fest to his wing

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Hoffman, Hunt and Wallace are where I'll be keeping my eye.

Hoffman: never wanted to lose the 1, the fact that he's proven a great winger is irrelevant, I think he'll have a huge game.
Hunt: for obvious reasons. Just play what's in front of you.
Wallace: earn a spot in FG for the rest of the year.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lets be honest, Cowboys are not some fearsome opponents, they've played just as shit as we have all year, just like they can step it up, so can we.

If we play our best game I have no doubt we can beat them.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Misplaced concern, Oates has played plenty of games in the outside backs. Fullback and wing aren't a stretch, he's good in the air and has great upper body strength. Speed testing shows he's slow to get moving but he accelerates fast.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hoffman, Hunt and Wallace are where I'll be keeping my eye.

Hoffman: never wanted to lose the 1, the fact that he's proven a great winger is irrelevant, I think he'll have a huge game.
Hunt: for obvious reasons. Just play what's in front of you.
Wallace: earn a spot in FG for the rest of the year.

Just played RLL2 against the cows with hunt at halfback and hoffy in the 1 and carved them up. Hunt man of the match and hoffy with a beautiful long range try... We got this!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Just played RLL2 against the cows with hunt at halfback and hoffy in the 1 and carved them up. Hunt man of the match and hoffy with a beautiful long range try... We got this!

That's enough for me!

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
As long as the boys show plenty of effort, I'm happy. That being said, am predicting Brisbane in a tight one.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
This is where something clicks, If it's true about Wallace/Prince being told to look elsewhere the players are surely going to know it's now or never.

Look for Bris 34 - CBoys 12, Maranta FTS and Hunt MOTM.

Hoffman will score a double and Wallace will spend more time at 9 than Macca.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Lets be honest, Cowboys are not some fearsome opponents, they've played just as **** as we have all year, just like they can step it up, so can we.

If we play our best game I have no doubt we can beat them.

If we played our best each week, with the talent in our squad, we'd be minor premiers.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we played our best each week, with the talent in our squad, we'd be minor premiers.
Nah I don't think so, Norman/Wallace/Prince are not minor premiership spine material. Maybe top 4 if we played at our best every single week though.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i really want us to win tomorrow. certainly because of the position we're in. but moreso because hunt has another chance in the 7. that and thaiday is playing 2nd row. and that silly nong norman has been dropped. but mainly hunt. i want the changes that many of us have wanted for quite a while to be proven correct.

come on boys dont let bhq down

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
i really want us to win tomorrow. certainly because of the position we're in. but moreso because hunt has another chance in the 7. that and thaiday is playing 2nd row. and that silly nong norman has been dropped. but mainly hunt. i want the changes that many of us have wanted for quite a while to be proven correct.

come on boys dont let bhq down

That's a fantastic point, I never looked at it like that. If they do win then Hook will look like a proper c*** because he stuck with his game plan for far too long, however if they lose...

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Lol mate, its not 1998 anymore.

I think the recent actions by our coach and player rumours show that our squad was/is lacking.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Misplaced concern, Oates has played plenty of games in the outside backs. Fullback and wing aren't a stretch, he's good in the air and has great upper body strength. Speed testing shows he's slow to get moving but he accelerates fast.
seems a bit contradictory if you ask me.

acceleration is off the mark, so if he's slow to get going... i don't see how he accelerates quickly. do you mean that he has good pace, ie, when he winds up his top speed is reasonable?

can you clarify this for me, maybe it is gauged differently in the NRL but in european football how I've described it is how its measured?

onto the game, ahh i don't have any confidence of a win but i'l still be watching. hopefully hunt makes a fist of it in 7.

interested to see how wallace plays given his demotion and supposed thanks but no thanks chat he had earlier this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.