Round 20 Discussion

A great performance from the Gold Coast and it caps off the most productive season for them since 2016. Hell, time could prove it's their best since 2009. The return of Brian Kelly gave them an extra dimension in attack and AJ Brimson surely has to be in the Queensland team. Don't even worry about where he'll play, you just have to find a spot for him. Those tries were as good as you'll see from anybody this season and it's great when you get to see a Touch Footy star in full flight in this competition. It certainly bodes well for their future, the key is that they have to grow from it. Taylor looks to be enjoying his footy which is a great sign, but he's got to take his game to the next level. Even tonight there were some pretty bad efforts which the Titans just can't afford if they want to do anything in this competition.

Newcastle had their opportunities but just couldn't capitilise on them and defensively they just switched off. As great as Kelly's try was, he should have never been able to score from that position, that was just awful work back on the inside from Pearce who once again showed why he's got so many critics. He's a good halfback who's played 14 seasons of NRL football. That's a wonderful achievement in anyone's books, but when he's been in positions to step up he's rarely taken them. They're really feeling the loss of Brailey at this point and it still feels like they have square pegs in round holes. Still a few positions that need ironing out, Frizell should be a nice boost but there's a couple of areas that need sorting.

Didn't see the South Sydney performance coming at all. The win doesn't surprise me too much, but 60-8 just seems like something you'd see in an unrealistic simulation. Strange game, Sydney were all over them and then Cody Walker got around Josh Morris and from there the Roosters were made to look second rate. Easily the Rabbitohs best performance of the year and it was a joy to once again see them play good footy against quality opposition. It's one thing when you see a top team smash a bad a team, another when it happens like it did tonight. It reminded me a lot of the Cronulla/Newcastle games in the early 2000s.

It was good from Souths and it should by rights get them into Week 2 but in a lot of ways this is the type of win I'd expect from Wayne. A big win against a quality side but in a nothing game. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop where the same team comes out the next week and doesn't play anywhere near as well, nearly loses it only to get knocked out comfortably in the most important game of the season. That's not a shot, that's just been the theme for the past 4 seasons.

However, that probably doesn't matter to Souths fans. They're still looking in good shape for 2021 and more importantly they just blew the Roosters chances to smithereens. I don't know where that type of scoreline comes from, I haven't been this shocked since the Broncos/Eels 2017 game. However, it certainly raises the stakes for next week where we'll likely see Panthers/Roosters. That's the match up that I wanted to see and I'm glad Penrith will have to prove themselves against the defending premiers in the middle of a dynasty with a point to prove. I'm curious to see how it goes because I'm not convinced by either team. I didn't see 3-in-a-row for Sydney, especially when they lost Latrell but I'm not convinced on Penrith either who have rarely hit 4th gear all year.

These are guys we've let go team (I need to do a list, it has been 15 minutes) and remember when guys we let go never went on to anything? That is not the case anymore, that's for sure. Would you prefer this side?

1. Allen
2. Gagai
3. Opacic
4. Copley
5. Beale
6. KNik
7. Taylor
8. Collins
9. Hunt
10. Lui
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Arrow

14. T.Boyd
15. Wallace
16. Falphabet
17. Molo

Roosters getting smashed like an avocado is like a band-aid for yesterday's wound.

Last edited:
Another week, another bevy of lop-sided games. Usually the last round can get pretty ugly as teams have skeleton crews playing for them, but tonight especially I don't think you'd see those results if the game wasn't played in this condition. I saw a lot of criticism about Glenn's interview, but it's been so hard on the players to stay in the grind and very few teams have any grit to them. Even with the Roosters being off-side all night (seriously wide-screen on Keary, he's 2m off-side every single time) they couldn't handle it and they're the Roosters.

The NRL deserve to be commended to get this competition up and running and I understand the media's agenda but gee it's a mickey mouse competition. As somebody who enjoys watching every game every week and seeing fantastic talent showcased it's really been dismal to watch. Hard to get overly excited or read much into anything. I keep pointing to it, but that Post-Covid 2020 thread really points to a whole rebuild of the entire competition.

Last edited:
I’m sure you guys copped as much shit as I did for saying he had a lot of potential, right?

Where did you cop shit about Allan back in the day? Point em' out to me and I'll smack em.

We both saw the potential.

Excellent point UB.

Sign Gerome Burns.

I picked every other NRL player, may as well complete the puzzle.

Last edited:
Given that no team has ever won the Grand Final after having 50 put on them during the “regular” season, does this mean they are guaranteed NOT to win it again this year?!?!?

Bennett is done guys. We did the right thing..

I want to cry
Back in the day I wrote WB was still a current coach and age irrelevant. Nothings changed my mind. We should get a thread together with every WB detractors contributions. There'd be thousands of posts...every fucking single one WRONG 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How bloody beautiful.

Rabbitohs beat Roosters 60-8. Who'd have believed that. The master coach has them primed for a finals run, will be interesting how they go next week with a home final.
I had $25 on the Rabbits@51 for the gf. Now 19s. Also $15 @26. Will make betting on their opponents a guaranteed win either way🙂 Might get this years punting cash back yet! Probably done about 3k but I never look back once it's gone!

You know there is something totally broken with the game when you've got a top 8 team flogging a top 4 team by 60 points this close to finals.

How about when a rugby league “powerhouse” gets flogged for 18 weeks straight.

I'm excited to see how Allan performs in the finals series. He was a little slow to progress in first grade, largely due to lack of opportunities to play fullback, but he is now showing signs of why he was rated so highly as a youngster.

Allan was a little bit Tedesco like yesterday. He was doing things in attack that Tedesco often gets praised for. It will be interesting to see what happens with Allan once Latrell returns.

Surely we have a crack at getting him back. We are pretty much the only team looking for a fullback and he would immediately fill Boyd's fullback position.

Did the roosters rest a few players? I noticed most of their big names in the highlights... I can understand a lot more points being scored with the new rules but that result is still strange.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.